+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP after PGWP expires?

ykbaek

Sep 10, 2012
Hi

My PGWP expires in few days,
I only managed to apply for CEC last friday.

I need to get a BOWP but I heard I would need AOR.
but it takes 60days. my permit ends in few days what do I do?

Is it okay to apply for BOWP after my PGWP expires? or
should I apply for BOWP now before it expires without AOR?

I was thinking of applying for BOWP after I receive AOR
but that would be like 2 months into having an expired PGWP.

please let me know! thank you

Malko

Mar 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DO NOT wait for your PGWP to expire!

Do the following: send your BOWP application via Canada Post - it will take more time to arrive and to be processed.
With your application, write an explanatory note - be honest and provide all the information they might need to understand your situation. Let them know the date when you applied for CEC - let them know that you are waiting for your AOR to arrive, thank them for their patience, etc. Stay honest and be very polite.

Do not let your PGWP to expire - submit your BOWP application before that. It will put you on implied status and you can continue to work and live in Canada till they make a decision regarding your BOWP application.

And do not worry.

Great people work @ CiC and their goal is not to make your life worse.

Good luck! ;)

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Malko said:
DO NOT wait for your PGWP to expire!

Do the following: send your BOWP application via Canada Post - it will take more time to arrive and to be processed.
With your application, write an explanatory note - be honest and provide all the information they might need to understand your situation. Let them know the date when you applied for CEC - let them know that you are waiting for your AOR to arrive, thank them for their patience, etc. Stay honest and be very polite.

Do not let your PGWP to expire - submit your BOWP application before that. It will put you on implied status and you can continue to work and live in Canada till they make a decision regarding your BOWP application.

And do not worry.

Great people work @ CiC and their goal is not to make your life worse.

Good luck! ;)
There's great people working there for sure, but they also have to follow
guidelines and rules. And chances are that an application submitted without AOR gets
rejected.

But like you said, it's his/her best bet to try and go for it!

Good luck!

Malko

Mar 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iam_toby said:
There's great people working there for sure, but they also have to follow
guidelines and rules. And chances are that an application submitted without AOR gets
rejected.

But like you said, it's his/her best bet to try and go for it!

Good luck!
I was in his situation till two days ago. And all went well. Canada's goal is not to get rid of people who studied here and who already established themselves in the society. My advice: just play with open cards and all is going to be fine.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Malko said:
I was in his situation till two days ago. And all went well. Canada's goal is not to get rid of people who studied here and who already established themselves in the society. My advice: just play with open cards and all is going to be fine.
I agree with you, for sure. I'm just pointing out that there's rules and guidelines and according
to said rules the OP is not eligible.
But again, we've seen cases where BOWPs were approved without AOR and even with more than 4 months
left on previous WPs.

Good luck.

Malko

Mar 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iam_toby said:
I agree with you, for sure. I'm just pointing out that there's rules and guidelines and according
to said rules the OP is not eligible.
But again, we've seen cases where BOWPs were approved without AOR and even with more than 4 months
left on previous WPs.

Good luck.
Oh, you Germans... :p

ykbaek

Sep 10, 2012
ok, another question,
say my friend have 60days left on his PGWP.
he's applying for CEC tomorrow, which means he has less than 60days until AOR
possible resulting in not getting AOR on time.

in this case, when to apply for BOWP?
like a week before the PGWP ends? or can he apply a day before PGWP end and keep implied status?
and make sure the VO reviews the BOWP after AOR is issued.

then call the call center and let them know AOR has been issued.

hope_1111

Oct 24, 2013
ykbaek

Your Friend can apply for WP just a day before WP expire. I would suggest to apply it 1 or 2 day before it expires, it will buy your friend more time.