Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November 14, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 26, 29013
LANDED..........
Hoping Dec. 5, 2013
We sent in over 200 pictures I think, so would be nice to get them back, thanks for the info cinc.

The passport got to the embassy on Tuesday at like 5pm according to servientrega and still no word from them. Hopefully we find out soon, flights are getting super expensive and if the prices keep going up we might not be home for Christmas :(

spetroun

Star Member
Mar 20, 2013
Hi Cancol, The embassy recieved our passport on Thursday. They called today and we will be recieving it back this Wednesday or Thursday. 1 week only..thanks.

cinc

Star Member
May 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
AOR Received.
24-04-2013
Med's Request
03-06-2013
Med's Done....
05-08-2013
Passport Req..
26-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-2013
Flights are definitely getting expensive. It seems you should know soon though. Air Canada lets you cancel any flight purchased within 24 hours. If you're worried they'll go up you could buy then cancel until you hear. You might have some explaining to do with your credit card company but it might give you peace of mind. Hang in there!

Cancol

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 24, 2013
Doc's Request.
Sept. 13, 2013 background check
File Transfer...
July 22, 2013
Med's Request
Did not wait for them to be requested
Med's Done....
Sept. 6, 2013
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November 14, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 26, 29013
LANDED..........
Hoping Dec. 5, 2013
Well great news, the embassy calles my husband and said he can come and pick it up! I'm so excited if all goes well we should be in Canada in a week and a half! And congrats spetroun, that's awesome!

Cancol

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 24, 2013
Doc's Request.
Sept. 13, 2013 background check
File Transfer...
July 22, 2013
Med's Request
Did not wait for them to be requested
Med's Done....
Sept. 6, 2013
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November 14, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 26, 29013
LANDED..........
Hoping Dec. 5, 2013
Yeah they were exceptionally fast, so thankful for that, it was great timing! Good luck to everyone else!

Cbn Cdn

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
October 9, 2013 [ ARC Requested ]
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 28, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 19, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2014 :)
Cancol said:
Yeah they were exceptionally fast, so thankful for that, it was great timing! Good luck to everyone else!
Dear Cancol.

Congratulations to you and your husband. Wishing you both a lifetime of happiness in Canada.

Regards,

William

diditink

Oct 2, 2013
Hello everyone, I am sponsoring my husband from Panama and our VO is Mexico. The reason I am writting is because he lived 5 years in Bogota and will need to ask for his police certificate. On the CIC website regarding Bogota police cert it clearly says that we need to wait for the VO to send us the instructions to ask for it. Since our file is still not in process and waiting to be revised, I was wondering if we can go ahead and ask for it, following the website instructions ( do a bank transfer etc..)
We are supposed to send our file number along. Is it a file number that the specific VO sends us or is it the file number that was given to us after the 1st step approved (sponsorship).

I hope someone will be able to clarify this point. By the way is it fast to get that police certificate?
Thanks again and have a great week!

will0624

Jan 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2013
hello I am sponsoring my wife from Colombia and we received the email for the request of her passport we have planned a trip to the USA in december and the plan was to stay for about a month, now that we received the request we thought we could mail the passport from the USA to the Bogota VO and prepay the return mail, so she can come straight to canada from the USA, but some people are now telling us that she personally needs to go pick up the passport. If someone could please help me with this I would really appreciate it.

P.S. she did not get asked for an interview.

lilops

Jul 15, 2011
Monteria - Colombia
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-Nov-2013
AOR Received.
8-Dec-2013
File Transfer...
12-Dec-2013
Med's Done....
10-Sep-2013
Hello,

Ive seen many people paying for the Background Check before embassy asks for it. We already got the application number when my hubbie applied as an sponsor, can I use this one ?

lyn Lambre

Star Member
Oct 1, 2013
Nueva Ecija
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 9, 2013
AOR Received.
October 22, 2013
File Transfer...
May 22,2013
Med's Request
October 22, 2013
Med's Done....
october 25, 2013
Passport Req..
october 22, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
in God's Grace :)
LANDED..........
soon....
Cancol said:
We sent in over 200 pictures I think, so would be nice to get them back, thanks for the info cinc.

The passport got to the embassy on Tuesday at like 5pm according to servientrega and still no word from them. Hopefully we find out soon, flights are getting super expensive and if the prices keep going up we might not be home for Christmas :(
hello! i looking a colombia forum because i need a big help. how can you get a police certificate in colombia? hope you have time to answer my question.. really appreciate! God bless

Cbn Cdn

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
October 9, 2013 [ ARC Requested ]
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 28, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 19, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2014 :)
lilops said:
Hello,

Ive seen many people paying for the Background Check before embassy asks for it. We already got the application number when my hubbie applied as an sponsor, can I use this one ?
lyn Lambre said:
hello! i looking a colombia forum because i need a big help. how can you get a police certificate in colombia? hope you have time to answer my question.. really appreciate! God bless
Guys, I hope this helps: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/central-south-amer/colombia.asp

I am from Colombia as well, and I did the same procedure.

lilops

Jul 15, 2011
Monteria - Colombia
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-Nov-2013
AOR Received.
8-Dec-2013
File Transfer...
12-Dec-2013
Med's Done....
10-Sep-2013
VO asks for a background check which can be obtained outside Colombia like this:

You must pay a processing fee of the equivalent of COP$60.000 at the current exchange rate per person, to be deposited to:
Intermediary Bank: BANCO INTERMEDIARIO CITIBANK N.A.
Swift Code: CITIUS33
ABA Code: 021000089
CHIPS Code: 0008
Beneficiary Bank: BANCO DE OCCIDENTE
Banco de Occidente Swift Code: OCCICOBC
Account No.: 10950229
Final Beneficiary Name: RISK MANAGEMENT COLOMBIA S.A.
Final Beneficiary Account No.: 223005463

or if you live in Colombia:

BANCO DE OCCIDENTE
Beneficiary Name: RISK MANAGEMENT COLOMBIA S.A.
Account No.: 223005463

You also need your Colombian ID number and your Application Number (Same one they give you when you get your first stage AOR, I payed before they ask because it could take up to 8 weeks to process)

They might also ask you for an original police clearance certificate which can be obtained the Colombia Police Website

lyn Lambre

Star Member
Oct 1, 2013
Nueva Ecija
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 9, 2013
AOR Received.
October 22, 2013
File Transfer...
May 22,2013
Med's Request
October 22, 2013
Med's Done....
october 25, 2013
Passport Req..
october 22, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
in God's Grace :)
LANDED..........
soon....
Cbn Cdn said:
Guys, I hope this helps: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/central-south-amer/colombia.asp

I am from Colombia as well, and I did the same procedure.
thanks! i did the procedures canadian embassy- philippines need to wait my police certificate..

cgat

Feb 26, 2013
Hi Everyone,

This is a cross-post from a question I already asked on this forum (http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/colombia-police-certificate-process-t151942.0.html).

My wife, who is from Slovakia, lived in Colombia for 7 months a few years ago. She is applying for permanent residency in Canada. Our application was received in November 31 2012, and forwarded to the visa office in Vienna February 28th.

In March of 2013, the visa office requested the Colombian police certificate. We promptly followed the instructions outlined on the cic website. About a month or two later the visa office confirmed that they had received the police clearance. Fast-forward to January 20th 2014: the visa office indicated that they had started to process her application, and requested a Colombian police certificate. We emailed back asking what had happened to the original that they had received (as politely as possible). They emailed back saying that it was in spanish, and a translated version must be sent. We replied saying that we followed the instructions shown on the cic website, and suggested that we have a friend pick up the spanish certificate in Vienna (or they could send it to us) after which we could get it translated. Today we received a reply from the VO. Frustratingly, they sent us a link to the cic website. No help at all.

So now the question is, how do we obtain a police certificate that can be sent directly to us so that we can get it translated?

We've contacted Risk Management Colombia and GS4, both companies told us that they couldn't do it (our spanish isn't as good as it used to be, so we might have missed something, but the general message was clear). We haven't been able to get through to Defence Systems Colombia.

Has anyone else go through this process? Did they request a translation?

Thanks for the help.