+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Blood pressure

isha80

Dec 4, 2009
Hi everyone,
I checked my BP and doctor said it is 130/90. Is there any problem because i have to go for medical on saturday

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
isha80 said:
Hi everyone,
I checked my BP and doctor said it is 130/90. Is there any problem because i have to go for medical on saturday
Just have very light food, lots and lots of fruit and drink lots of water. Do not worry BP shall not be a problem but try and control it. Health is wealth and best of luck for your medicals.

drofacademics

Dec 8, 2009
Greetings ,
You BP is perfectly normal .
But better if blood pressure is taken through manual technique ( Auscultatory Method - Mercury one ) . Electronic one show a very high BP reading even though u will have a normal reading .
BEST OF LUCK

drofacademics

drofacademics

Dec 8, 2009
Greetings ,
One more thing to add :
In the reading of BP there are 2 figures : e.g 130 (Systolic ) & 90 (Diastolic )
The doctors are more concerned for the diastolic . In any case it should not be 100 or above 100 .

MEDICAL REVIEW : ( IN EASY WORDS )
Systolic Pressure is when the heart pumps the blood ( CONTRACTION OF HEART )
Diastolic Pressure is when the heart recieves the blood . ( RELAXATION OF HEART )
MNEMONIC TO REMEMBER IS : DR where D stands for diastolic & R stands for relaxation .
So its quite natural that the systolic is high as the heart has to pump the blood ( contraction ) to the peripheral tissues of the body .
With diastolic ( relaxation of heart ) , if the blood comes at a fast speed in the chamber of heart than its not a good sign .

DROFACADEMICS

csic_student

Star Member
Feb 25, 2010
Vancouver BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Medicals are done to establish a couple of things:
1. You or your family member does not any disease that is a potential threat to any Canadian i.e. HIV+, AIDs etc.
2. You or your family member is not a potential threat to public safety i.e. active tuberclousis.
3. You or your family member does not have a disease that will put excessive demand on the Canadian Medical Systems i.e. they have to spend more money on you than an average Canadian.
Remember, if one member of the family is inadmissible on the health or security grounds, the whole family is. There is no splittling of the family.

I would suggest you is to take it easy.Don't drink too much alchohal or smoke pot or do any illegal drugs before you go for your medicals. Don't think about it too much. It is what it is and nothing will change in the next few days.
Thanks!