+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Birthing visa refused

Renny Renny

Jan 3, 2020
I was refused based on financial ties and home ties to Canada and my country of residence..
What can I do?
Or does Canada not approve birthing visas?
Almost everyone I know has been denied

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Travelling to Canada to give birth is not a valid purpose of visit.

There is no such thing as a "birthing visa."

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Out of curiosity where are you applying for since so many of your friends are applying for birth tourism? West Africa? Seems to be newest hotspot for birth tourist in Canada.

Renny Renny

Jan 3, 2020
Out of curiosity where are you applying for since so many of your friends are applying for birth tourism? West Africa? Seems to be newest hotspot for birth tourist in Canada.
Yes west Africa and I sincerely think they do not approve such visas at least not for now

Renny Renny

Jan 3, 2020
Yes I know but they have addressed this and said giving birth in Canada isn’t illegal as long as you can afford to pay the bills
Travelling to Canada to give birth is not a valid purpose of visit.

There is no such thing as a "birthing visa."

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes I know but they have addressed this and said giving birth in Canada isn’t illegal as long as you can afford to pay the bills
It’s not illegal but Canada tries to prevent it if possible. There was a foreign national who gave birth in Canada recently and she ended up with a bill for over 400k that she could not pay because her baby got sick after birth. She was unable to pay the bill. Unless you can show that you have millions of dollars you can’t afford to give birth in Canada. There is no point in reapplying you will be refused. Even if you got a visa you can be refused at the airport in Canada and sent home.

andrew3081

Apr 6, 2018
Just curious, is there a reason why you want to come to Canada to give birth?

Tourist coming to give birth in Canada is a big problem in general.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
I was refused based on financial ties and home ties to Canada and my country of residence..
What can I do?
What is your reason to fly around the world to give birth ?
You would and everyone else that had applied in theory are taking up space with doctors and hospital beds from legitimate individuals who have the RIGHT to those Doctors & hospital beds
Guess you'll have to plan on giving birth in your own country

Last edited:
Reactions: bellaluna

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
That doesn’t mean they want you to come to Canada just give birth. You and everybody will probably find it will become more and more difficult (and it’s about time).

babsizkil

Dec 18, 2016
What can I do?
There is no visa called birthing visa. Rather, you can applied for TRV for prenatal care purpose. It is not illegal but you have to proof that you're coming for medical reason/attention for the pregnancy. In short, most time Visa offers are not aware of the pregnancy has visitor visa applicants are usually not require to undergo medical examination. Since, their stay will be less than six months.
If you or others meet the requirement for TRV and declare in your LOE to IRCC about the pregnancy, then you will be good. For example, you'll need to proof that you've sufficient funds, will leave Canada at the end of the period that maybe authorized for your stay and are not inadmissible. Even health-care costs that relate to a high‑risk pregnancy (prenatal care and delivery) do not exceed the excessive demand threshold. Moreover, pregnancy isn't regarded as a medical condition.

Giving birth in Canada does not represent a violation of any terms or conditions that may be applied to a temporary resident.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
There is no visa called birthing visa. Rather, you can applied for TRV for prenatal care purpose. It is not illegal but you have to proof that you're coming for medical reason/attention for the pregnancy. In short, most time Visa offers are not aware of the pregnancy has visitor visa applicants are usually not require to undergo medical examination. Since, their stay will be less than six months.
If you or others meet the requirement for TRV and declare in your LOE to IRCC about the pregnancy, then you will be good. For example, you'll need to proof that you've sufficient funds, will leave Canada at the end of the period that maybe authorized for your stay and are not inadmissible. Even health-care costs that relate to a high‑risk pregnancy (prenatal care and delivery) do not exceed the excessive demand threshold. Moreover, pregnancy isn't regarded as a medical condition.

Giving birth in Canada does not represent a violation of any terms or conditions that may be applied to a temporary resident.
There is no excessive demand threshold because TRV recipients have no right to free healthcare in Canada.

Certainly people can be refused entry to Canada if giving birth is not mentioned as their purpose for visiting Canada and CBSA finds out they are pregnant.

Not illegal but prevented as much as possible is Canada’s current stance on birth tourism. As the problem increases and nowccauses problems for the care of Canadians hopefully it will be changed.

Reactions: jddd

Renny Renny

Jan 3, 2020
We need all of that,the embassy even asked us to get a letter and a proof of payment for a competent regional health authority..I paid close 20k CAD for deposits to the hospital and also paid the doctors fees..I have a good travel history,I don’t intend to overstay my visa,I have a good job in my country of residence ..I can afford to pay the bills .had my first in thin USA with a bill of 31k dollars..paid all and got my zero balance..Canada actually practices jus soli tho west African countries specifically Nigeria go this route the most..Will try Brazil and USA..I specifically love having anchor babies..I can pay my bills..
Thanks for your input

Reactions: Duuugoo

Renny Renny

Jan 3, 2020
That doesn’t mean they want you to come to Canada just give birth. You and everybody will probably find it will become more and more difficult (and it’s about time).
about time??? It’s best if Canada comes out to put an end to Jus soli tho cos at the end majority won’t didn’t declare birthing end up getting the visas,those who declared didn’t get.seems they love the lies..and I understand they are unsure about their stance on citizenship by birth,trying to control the border too cos of those who misuse the visas..no big deal..Unto the next