Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
30-01-2017
Med's Done....
12-01-2017
Hi If I got the ITA in the next draw, but my birthday is on december 30th, I will lose my five points anyway? because I will turn 32. Could I lose my ITA? or It counts the age that I have at moment of beeing invited? Thanks

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Birthdays after ITA are exempt from point loss.

vinodram

Feb 5, 2015
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottwa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Points considered during ITA, will stay. Once you received ITA then no issues

KimPositive

Star Member
Jun 6, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jfalvitez said:
Hi If I got the ITA in the next draw, but my birthday is on december 30th, I will lose my five points anyway? because I will turn 32. Could I lose my ITA? or It counts the age that I have at moment of beeing invited? Thanks
The points on the day of the ITA count. Doesn't matter if you get older and lose points afterwards.
Your birthday only matters if you you don't make the cut before you turn older.
Good luck for the next draw!

jfalvitez

Oct 18, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
30-01-2017
Med's Done....
12-01-2017
And what about if I retake the CELPIP test after ITA and my score increase? (my current english test will expire on febreaury) Should I decline the ITA, or I can still with the ITA and then instead of send the old test, I would send the new test?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jfalvitez said:
And what about if I retake the CELPIP test after ITA and my score increase? (my current english test will expire on febreaury) Should I decline the ITA, or I can still with the ITA and then instead of send the old test, I would send the new test?
No problem if your score increases. If it decreases and puts you under the cutoff score you should decline your invitation.

Also, if you submit your eAPR before your test results expire then they will still be valid.

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
jfalvitez said:
If you have not submitted your e-APR by the time you turn 32, then you lose 5 points from your CRS score and if your CRS falls below ITA CRS after losing 5 points, then your application gets rejected.

However, if you have submitted your e-APR before the time you turn 32, then you are safe and it won't have any effect on your profile.

simplynd2804

Mar 24, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rafzy said:
If you have not submitted your e-APR by the time you turn 32, then you lose 5 points from your CRS score and if your CRS falls below ITA CRS after losing 5 points, then your application gets rejected.

However, if you have submitted your e-APR before the time you turn 32, then you are safe and it won't have any effect on your profile.
I don't think that's true. As people said above you don't lose age point once you receive ITA.

Your documents however must be valid at the time of submission.

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
simplynd2804 said:
I don't think that's true. As people said above you don't lose age point once you receive ITA.

Your documents however must be valid at the time of submission.
If you read GCMS notes of previous applicants, This is clearly written under R10 checks...

"Applicant age change after ITA"

This clearly means CRS points recalculation....

Maybe IM wrong and i'll be happy to be corrected !

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rafzy said:
If you read GCMS notes of previous applicants, This is clearly written under R10 checks...

"Applicant age change after ITA"

This clearly means CRS points recalculation....

Maybe IM wrong and i'll be happy to be corrected !
"When a change in age results in the candidate no longer meeting the MEC or having their recalculated CRS points score fall below the lowest points score in that round of invitations, officers should consider applying the public policy to exempt applicants for permanent residence from certain age-based requirements between invitation to apply and application, based on section A25.2. This consideration can result in an exemption from the refusal of an application under section A11.2.

This public policy also grants an exemption to applicants who may be refused for failing to meet FSWC program requirements when their birthday occurs between the ITA and e-APR."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/laws-policy/exempt-applicants-pr.asp

Reactions: Nastenka

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
DelPiero07 said:
"When a change in age results in the candidate no longer meeting the MEC or having their recalculated CRS points score fall below the lowest points score in that round of invitations, officers should consider applying the public policy to exempt applicants for permanent residence from certain age-based requirements between invitation to apply and application, based on section A25.2. This consideration can result in an exemption from the refusal of an application under section A11.2.

This public policy also grants an exemption to applicants who may be refused for failing to meet FSWC program requirements when their birthday occurs between the ITA and e-APR."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/laws-policy/exempt-applicants-pr.asp
+1 for you !

Reactions: Nastenka