NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 12, 2016
Passport Req..
April 20, 2016
Hello everyone,

My husband and I received a ready for visa email on April 20th and we submitted our passports on the same day to Ottawa.

We currently live in Canada and I gave birth to my baby on April 23 (Just a few days ago!) and her birth certificate won't be ready for 6-8 weeks. My question is, would it still be necessary to inform CIC of her birth? Since she was born in Canada, she's not really included in the PR application. If still needed, what document would suffice as proof of her birth? Thank you for any replies. :)

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
kamae said:
Hello everyone,

My husband and I received a ready for visa email on April 20th and we submitted our passports on the same day to Ottawa.

We currently live in Canada and I gave birth to my baby on April 23 (Just a few days ago!) and her birth certificate won't be ready for 6-8 weeks. My question is, would it still be necessary to inform CIC of her birth? Since she was born in Canada, she's not really included in the PR application. If still needed, what document would suffice as proof of her birth? Thank you for any replies. :)
She is a Canadian citizen and she wouldn't require a visa or CoPR. Details of Canadian citizens on your application is purely for administrative purposes. In your case, I don't think further action is required. Anyway, just to be safe, send a note to your VO saying that you have a baby now.