+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Birth Certificates - India

heather.rajat

Star Member
Jul 20, 2017
Good morning everyone,

My husband is from India (Applicant) and I was wondering (although, it seems obvious) does his birth certificate need to be translated to English?

Also, If I am understanding correctly, we also need to include photocopies of his parents birth certificate, as well as his younger brother (11)? We do plan to sponsor them in the future. Do these also need to be in English?

Janchor

Apr 25, 2017
Good morning everyone,

My husband is from India (Applicant) and I was wondering (although, it seems obvious) does his birth certificate need to be translated to English?

Also, If I am understanding correctly, we also need to include photocopies of his parents birth certificate, as well as his younger brother (11)? We do plan to sponsor them in the future. Do these also need to be in English?

Yes his birth certificate needs to be translated. You do not need to submit birth certificates for his parents and brother!

heather.rajat

Star Member
Jul 20, 2017
Yes his birth certificate needs to be translated. You do not need to submit birth certificates for his parents and brother!
I don't? In our document checklist, it states that we should provide birth certificates for all family members, even if they are not coming to Canada.

I read this in the section "Supporting documents for sponsored person (principal applicant and family members)"

Janchor

Apr 25, 2017
I don't? In our document checklist, it states that we should provide birth certificates for all family members, even if they are not coming to Canada.

I read this in the section "Supporting documents for sponsored person (principal applicant and family members)"
A family is defined as the spouse and dependent children. You only need to add their details in the additional family form.