Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
my birth cert is in a language other than english,,

i have a translated copy of birth cert - notarized

so, what needs to be submitted :

• photocopy of original + notarized translation

does photocopy of original need to be notarized as well ?? can i submit original birth cert ??

Amit12

Star Member
Apr 20, 2014
Photocopy of Original should be certified as per CIC gidelines and to be in the safe side submit your 10th pass certificate with a cover letter for supporting docs.

Original doce is not required to be submitted...

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Amit12 said:
Photocopy of Original should be certified as per CIC gidelines and to be in the safe side submit your 10th pass certificate with a cover letter for supporting docs.

Original doce is not required to be submitted...
hi amit,,, i don't have the certified photocopy.. however translated copy is notarized..

yea,, guide says copy should be certified but checklist says - just photocopy and certified translation ???

original is not required, but in case photocopy is not certified, can original be attached ???

Angel1981

Jun 29, 2014
Pearl1 said:
hi amit,,, i don't have the certified photocopy.. however translated copy is notarized..

yea,, guide says copy should be certified but checklist says - just photocopy and certified translation ???

original is not required, but in case photocopy is not certified, can original be attached ???
Never send originals if not asked!! Because, those documents will not be returned in the future. Send a photocopy of the birth certificate and certified translation as per the cic checklist. If you are still worried, get the photocopy of your birth certificate notarized, though its not required.

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Angel1981 said:
Never send originals if not asked!! Because, those documents will not be returned in the future. Send a photocopy of the birth certificate and certified translation as per the cic checklist. If you are still worried, get the photocopy of your birth certificate notarized, though its not required.
thanks angel !!!

issue is - right now, i have no sources of getting the photocopy notarized,,,