+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Birth certificate query

redsocks

Feb 7, 2017
I am doubtful about my son's birth certificate, which is in two languages -regional and English. The govt agency which prints this certificate missed writing the hospital name in the English section but wrote it in the regional language section. Other details are complete. We never paid attention to it until now that I have to attach it in express entry application. No time to get it amended.

Can it be a cause of rejection? Will the fee that I paid get forfeited?

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
why not get it translated and explain it in LOE?
I am doubtful about my son's birth certificate, which is in two languages -regional and English. The govt agency which prints this certificate missed writing the hospital name in the English section but wrote it in the regional language section. Other details are complete. We never paid attention to it until now that I have to attach it in express entry application. No time to get it amended.

Can it be a cause of rejection? Will the fee that I paid get forfeited?

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
I am an Indian in Singapore. How can i get it done from here? Also, the certificate is in english as well. Just that the hospital name is missing
Just go to a certified translator! No need for it to be local and get it translated! And then mention in the LOE that hospital name was missing so that's why you got it translated. It's just a suggestion for safety since you seem to be worried.

redsocks

Feb 7, 2017
Just go to a certified translator! No need for it to be local and get it translated! And then mention in the LOE that hospital name was missing so that's why you got it translated. It's just a suggestion for safety since you seem to be worried.
Do i have to get it translated from the Indian embassy in Singapore? I am not sure if there will be a CIC approved translator here in Singapore. Moreover, the certificate already has english sentences alongside the regional language but the hospital name is missing from the english section. So i am not sure how a translation will help here.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Do i have to get it translated from the Indian embassy in Singapore? I am not sure if there will be a CIC approved translator here in Singapore. Moreover, the certificate already has english sentences alongside the regional language but the hospital name is missing from the english section. So i am not sure how a translation will help here.
Like I said, it's just so you can relax with the hospital name! Just mention it in LOE! You can find a translator anywhere. There's no such thing as "CIC approved translator"