01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi All,

My husband and I are trying for Canada PR through Express Entry program. We are in India. While arranging for the documents, we came across that Birth Certificate is a mandatory document. In my husband's Birth certificate, his mother's surname is mentioned incorrect. So is there any other document that can be submitted without facing a rejection.
In genearl, birth certificates are NOT mandatory documents (only mandatory for children). This thread started in 2012. Rules have changed MANY times since then. You can see the current list of required document here:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

There are certain situations where a birth certificate may be required. But most applicants do not need them.

Reactions: TheOnlyParth

The CanadaDream

Jun 29, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Pune
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
22-09-2018
I have a friend who has already received her PR to Canada. Now she wishes to sponsor her husband to come to Canada . However, the husband's birth certificate mentions a different month of birth than his all other documents. There is a 2 month gap. The date is same ... Eg: birth certificate dob 1st September 1980 and school LC, passport, pan card, etc. all have 1st June 1980. This was done so he wouldn't miss an entire year of studies. Birth certificate is a mandatory document for spouse sponsorship.
Could you advise the work around this issue to ensure that he and my friend don't face any challenges when they start the sponsorship procedure?

Jan 3, 2019
Hello

I have question about my and my children birth certificate, I recently got a ADR asking for resubmitting the birth certificates . In GCMS notes it says "birth certificates donot have names on them" . Can anyone please let me know Is it required to have name on the birth certificates. None of the birth certificates I have submitted have names on them as our names were given after few months of birth.

Thanks in advance

Ajishkb

Jul 2, 2019
Hello

I have question about my and my children birth certificate, I recently got a ADR asking for resubmitting the birth certificates . In GCMS notes it says "birth certificates donot have names on them" . Can anyone please let me know Is it required to have name on the birth certificates. None of the birth certificates I have submitted have names on them as our names were given after few months of birth.

Thanks in advance
How you overcome the situation.plz reply

Ajishkb

Jul 2, 2019
I have a friend who has already received her PR to Canada. Now she wishes to sponsor her husband to come to Canada . However, the husband's birth certificate mentions a different month of birth than his all other documents. There is a 2 month gap. The date is same ... Eg: birth certificate dob 1st September 1980 and school LC, passport, pan card, etc. all have 1st June 1980. This was done so he wouldn't miss an entire year of studies. Birth certificate is a mandatory document for spouse sponsorship.
Could you advise the work around this issue to ensure that he and my friend don't face any challenges when they start the sponsorship procedure?

Ajishkb

Jul 2, 2019
Can you please reply how your friend manage to fix the issue in DOB.thanks