+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Birth Certificate Copy Certification by Notary or Translator?

freek4iphone

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
I got my birth certificate translated, the CIC guide asks to attach a "certified" copy of the birth certificate. Does this copy have to certified by translator or notary? I have got a translator stamp on the copy as well. Is that enough?

neel-here

Champion Member
May 12, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
freek4iphone said:
I got my birth certificate translated, the CIC guide asks to attach a "certified" copy of the birth certificate. Does this copy have to certified by translator or notary? I have got a translator stamp on the copy as well. Is that enough?
From which country/ state you got the Birth Cert ? ... better check with them (Municipal Corporation) for issuing an English version by paying some extra fees- you'll get an official copy in Eng :)

freek4iphone

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
neel-here said:
From which country/ state you got the Birth Cert ? ... better check with them (Municipal Corporation) for issuing an English version by paying some extra fees- you'll get an official copy in Eng :)
Its from India. They don't give English birth certificate :(

HeroHindistani

May 11, 2013
I got my wife's birth certificate translated to English.. from a village of INDIA. Its simple, you just need to fill a form and show your original birth certificate. Or you also can translate the same format in English and notarize it.

idoit

Star Member
Jan 15, 2011
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
13-05-2013
Doc's Request.
Included
IELTS Request
27-04-2013
LANDED..........
27-08-2009
freek4iphone said:
Good for you. Why should they give English BC? India has its own language and heritage dude. :) Not an Indian, but love it.

neel-here

Champion Member
May 12, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
freek4iphone said:
Ok.. then get your Birth certificate translated by a Notary not just any translator. There are some Notary ("Authorised Translator") who does the translation work as well. OR, you can get the translated copy which you attested by a Notary (I'm not sure if this option will work), you'll anyways pay the Notary for attestation, instead better to find 'Authorised Translator', he might charge you 100-200 bucks. Also, ensure you attach the hindi/ vernacular copy of your original BC attested by the same Notary along with the translated copy when you submit to CIO.

sachin9183

Star Member
Jan 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Request
12-09-2014
Med's Done....
01-04-2015
freek4iphone said:
I'm from Delhi, India and got my BC in English. If you got it in some other language, get it translated with a certified translator.

mvd

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys,

Does anybody know a certified translator in Delhi, India?

Sansu37

Dec 5, 2015
Thee are many online links ,,like this one certifiedtranslation.in
This one is in delhi ,I am not sure about the credentials of translator ,you may check with other services on Google search and request for authorized stamp of registered translator