+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics Validity

Seeker007

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
I'm submitting documents on IRCC portal. They are asking to provide documents in " Consent Personal Information" & "Additional Documents". Could you please confirm what type of documents I have to provide in these two fields.

Further, I have merged all PDF files but not more than 2MB we can add size.
Google "consent personal information form", its IMM5754 which you can download from IRCC website.

Additional document i believe is for any extra/supporting documents you would want to upload. You can merge all of them and upload one pdf file.

ammad88

Apr 16, 2019
Good luck. I think visa validity is as per the length of passport and a maximum time of 10 years. In case your parents have a 10 year passport validity they should be issued a 10 years visa. I shall update you once we get my mom's passport back.
So we received the passport and the visa attached is till the end of passport validity (which in my mom's case is 5 years).

Seeker007

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
So we received the passport and the visa attached is till the end of passport validity (which in my mom's case is 5 years).
Thanks for letting me know. My parents did their biometrics and submitted their passports. Will provide a update when they receive their passports back.

Seeker007

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
Update: Parents have received their passports back with 10 years visit visas. Thank you all for your help.

Deoladiggs

Mar 20, 2022
I just received a biometrics instruction letter on my portal despite having a valid biometrics (to expire in 2025). Has any one ever experienced this? My UCI was stated in the new application so they can have access to the biometrics i did in 2015 but they still requested for a new one. Any reason for this?

Seeker007

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
I just received a biometrics instruction letter on my portal despite having a valid biometrics (to expire in 2025). Has any one ever experienced this? My UCI was stated in the new application so they can have access to the biometrics i did in 2015 but they still requested for a new one. Any reason for this?
Did you mention that you like to have the bio done again? Also did you pay for the biometrics?

Deoladiggs

Mar 20, 2022
Did you mention that you like to have the bio done again? Also did you pay for the biometrics?
I selected 'No' when I was asked if I would like to do biometrics again. Initially i didn't pay for biometrics because when it got to the payment page it asked me to pay only application fee. After a while I got a message on my portal asking me to pay for biometrics enrollment fee, after paying I got the biometrics instruction letter. I am just confused because I clearly stated in my application that I had a valid biometrics and that I wouldn't like to do another one.

Seeker007

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
I selected 'No' when I was asked if I would like to do biometrics again. Initially i didn't pay for biometrics because when it got to the payment page it asked me to pay only application fee. After a while I got a message on my portal asking me to pay for biometrics enrollment fee, after paying I got the biometrics instruction letter. I am just confused because I clearly stated in my application that I had a valid biometrics and that I wouldn't like to do another one.
I would suggest to raise a webform and let them know about it.

abo0286

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Update: Parents have received their passports back with 10 years visit visas. Thank you all for your help.
Thanks so much for confirming. Im on the same boat. Mother had biometrics done in 2016 so I skipped paying for it when I applied for her visit visa. Now on the passport req it says bio has to be valid for total stay. submitting her passport next week. Hope we get it back with 10yrs validity and we can do bio renewal separately before it expires in 2026.

I dont want to apply for visit visa again in 2026. o_O