+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics for second passport

AlexMorris

Dec 7, 2018
Hi,
I received the letter regarding biometrics.
I just noticed that in citizenship section they mentioned my second citizenship which I do not hold it’s passport.

I called CIC and officer told me this is what decided and he can not change it.
Is it normal? Without having the passport how biometrics can proceed!?

thanks

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi,
I received the letter regarding biometrics.
I just noticed that in citizenship section they mentioned my second citizenship which I do not hold it’s passport.

I called CIC and officer told me this is what decided and he can not change it.
Is it normal? Without having the passport how biometrics can proceed!?

thanks
Is this country the same as your country of birth or is it different?

If I understood correctly your letter states:

• Country of birth: country 1 which you hold passport
  • Country of citizenship: country 2 for which you don't hold a passport
Right?

Don't you have a national ID document from that country?

I would suggest bringing it along with the passport you actually hold. They should understand this and you shouldn't have issues getting them taken. There is no mention of the Passport number in the Biometrics collection letter, so it shouldn't be a big deal provided you have some document to prove your 2 nationalities.

AlexMorris

Dec 7, 2018
Is this country the same as your country of birth or is it different?

If I understood correctly your letter states:

• Country of birth: country 1 which you hold passport
  • Country of citizenship: country 2 for which you don't hold a passport
Right?

Don't you have a national ID document from that country?

I would suggest bringing it along with the passport you actually hold. They should understand this and you shouldn't have issues getting them taken. There is no mention of the Passport number in the Biometrics collection letter, so it shouldn't be a big deal provided you have some document to prove your 2 nationalities.
Thank you for reply.
My place of birth is same as my second nationality. So they mentioned the same country for both sections. Which I don't have a passport.
I am mixed and have the both nationality from birth, I use only one of them for travel and PR though.

AlexMorris

Dec 7, 2018
Thank you for reply.
My place of birth is same as my second nationality. So they mentioned the same country for both sections. Which I don't have a passport.
I am mixed and have the both nationality from birth, I use only one of them for travel and PR though.
Just an update!! I received an email indicates I should wait for corrected biometric letter. So I missed today’s appointment.

Also I need another help! I have to apply for BOWP. Should I pay another fee for biometric for that as well? Or can I use the same biometric letter I have for PR application?