+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics appointments

gooner_91

Jan 11, 2021
Hi everyone,

Hello Everyone,

So I applied for a Canadian permanent residency under the express entry program and received a request for biometrics early last week. I presently reside in Maryland.

While trying to look for an appointment at an application support center online, I did not see any dates for both my and the neighboring states. I also tried to looking at some other states across the US and it seems no appointments were available for those too.

Does anyone have prior experience in this and knows how we're supposed to book our appointments?

Thank You.

gooner_91

Jan 11, 2021
Did you check ASC at york, PA? I was able to get an appointment there recently.
Hi
Thanjs for getting back. Yes I did check out the ASC at York PA. It seems like there aren't any dates available at any of the offices across the country right now.
Did you use the my.uscis.gov/appointmentscheduler (the weblink from the ircc website) or did you use a different website?

spacefootball

Jan 11, 2021
Hi
Thanjs for getting back. Yes I did check out the ASC at York PA. It seems like there aren't any dates available at any of the offices across the country right now.
Did you use the my.uscis.gov/appointmentscheduler (the weblink from the ircc website) or did you use a different website?
Start from this website: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/where-to-give-biometrics.asp
Filter the results as needed and choose the center closest to you. That should take you to an appointment scheduler.

spacefootball

Jan 11, 2021
Oh shoot! No available appointments in york,PA. That sucks. My appointment was last week. I think they closed offices from this week then.

gooner_91

Jan 11, 2021
Oh shoot! No available appointments in york,PA. That sucks. My appointment was last week. I think they closed offices from this week then.
Yes I used the same link you sent me. Doesn't appear they have any more dates for the time being. Hopefully some dates come up in the next couple of weeks.

Gops1810

Jan 11, 2021
Looks like vfs is the only option. I have gotten an appointment for the 29th Jan. This will involve me taking a flight to New York though so hopefully something comes up before that.

darshan1191

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Primary Montreal - Secondary CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-01-2021
Med's Done....
05-02-2021
Looks like vfs is the only option. I have gotten an appointment for the 29th Jan. This will involve me taking a flight to New York though so hopefully something comes up before that.
Can we do that? I mean through VFS in US?

gooner_91

Jan 11, 2021
Yeah I might just drive down to the vfs in new york too if something doesn't come up at any of the ASC's within the next couple of weeks

Scalphunter

Star Member
Jun 20, 2020
I'm expecting to get the BIL in a couple of weeks. Hoping the ASCs open up appointments. Otherwise, I'm gonna have to waste $300 on a flight to Seattle and back. Is there any news announcement from USCIS regarding the lack of appointments? I know they're backlogged with a ton of appointments and I think they might have temporarily suspended new appointments until they get a handle on the existing ones.

gooner_91

Jan 11, 2021
I'm expecting to get the BIL in a couple of weeks. Hoping the ASCs open up appointments. Otherwise, I'm gonna have to waste $300 on a flight to Seattle and back. Is there any news announcement from USCIS regarding the lack of appointments? I know they're backlogged with a ton of appointments and I think they might have temporarily suspended new appointments until they get a handle on the existing ones.
I haven't heard anything recently but based on a news from last week there's 1.3 million people waiting for their biometrics appointments so i don't think they'll be done with their backlog anytime soon.

Scalphunter

Star Member
Jun 20, 2020
I haven't heard anything recently but based on a news from last week there's 1.3 million people waiting for their biometrics appointments so i don't think they'll be done with their backlog anytime soon.
I read they're rescheduling around 10.5k appointments a day, so at this rate they might need around 4 months to clear all the pending appointments.

gooner_91

Jan 11, 2021
Are you aware if any rules apply to people visiting nyc for less than 24 hours?

Toshit1990

Feb 2, 2021
Hi Buddy,

were you able to book the Biometrics Appointment, I looked at the dates at this link: https://my.uscis.gov/appointmentscheduler-appointment/ca/en. And see that they have some dates available for the NJ location for next week

Wondering if the ASC is open and the dates shown here are actually correct.

Start from this website: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/where-to-give-biometrics.asp
Filter the results as needed and choose the center closest to you. That should take you to an appointment scheduler.

darshan1191

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Primary Montreal - Secondary CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-01-2021
Med's Done....