+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bill C-6: Senate stage

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
septimius said:
What an uninformed and ignorant answer. What's the basis of your answer? Did the minister do any release stating he won't immediately implement the bill once it becomes law?

Think before you write next time and if you have no answer then DON'T answer! Don't try to be smart!
If you were any less uninformed and ignorant you would know it is in the hands of senators in the committee, the minister can do nothing about it, not to mention 'implement it right away'- do some research before asking ridiculous questions like that

WeazyF

Star Member
Mar 20, 2013
itsmyid said:
If you were any less uninformed and ignorant you would know it is in the hands of senators in the committee, the minister can do nothing about it, not to mention 'implement it right away'- do some research before asking ridiculous questions like that
I think most people are behaving like toddlers on here no, it's best to leave these decisions to the Senate and we all come back Jan 31st and see what they do. There's no need to be insulting or a jerk

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
septimius said:
What an uninformed and ignorant answer. What's the basis of your answer? Did the minister do any release stating he won't immediately implement the bill once it becomes law?

Think before you write next time and if you have no answer then DON'T answer! Don't try to be smart!
Your rude comments led to the closure of the previous thread about Bill C-6. I see you are on your way to repeat that again. No one is obliged to answer your questions here, if anyone does, even with one word, then he or she is doing you a favor!

subha_1962

Dec 20, 2013
marcher said:
Your rude comments led to the closure of the previous thread about Bill C-6. I see you are on your way to repeat that again. No one is obliged to answer your questions here, if anyone does, even with one word, then he or she is doing you a favor!
Yes please let`s keep this forum open till we see an end to C6 as this is a great help to all of us in our anxiety and waiting time

quasar81

Feb 27, 2014
Richard11 said:
pay attention evryone please lets contact new immigration minster after congratulate him and ask him to make Bill c-6 top of his work and bill c-6 must pass as soon as possible we can't stand anymore ,,, if some one could write his contact methods twitt,facebook,email and phone number , so we can contact him
Better just sign this petition to be sent to Senate Leaders..

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/petition-to-senate-leadership-to-pass-bill-c6-t467559.0.html

sistemc

Feb 2, 2014
Let's not to be to childish, and let's keep some dignity.

Government is not run by large fonts, facebook, tweeter (except for D. Trump) and emails (except for H. Clinton).

subha_1962

Dec 20, 2013
I don't think there is anything wrong in sending an email. Even if their actions are not prompted by our emails, as the representative's of the people they should know what we hope for. When they get from more of the same subject, it would register somewhat

quasar81

Feb 27, 2014
sistemc said:
Let's not to be to childish, and let's keep some dignity.

Government is not run by large fonts, facebook, tweeter (except for D. Trump) and emails (except for H. Clinton).
Let's not be childish and keep some dignity for sistemc.

Government is not run by 91 pages of discussions on C-6 on this forum. 91 pages of discussion, kidding me, much longer than simple English Language C-6 bill itself.

What a childish argument.

septimius

Star Member
Sep 12, 2013
itsmyid said:
Wow, thank god you're here to explain that C-6 is in the hands of the senate!! Your statement would be valid had I said approve/pass C-6 but I said "Implementation" which inherently gives the notion that the bill became law. It's not my problem you have no idea what you talk about and blurt out things without fully comprehending.

jcsi

Nov 4, 2014
While this forum has been of great use, when it comes to the journey of C-6 with lots of updates, the downside of it is that a lot participants start stating false facts, the most obvious one right now is when the bill will come into application (No one knows that, and any statement is just a wild guess). It seems that a lot of people (not all) are driven mostly by the fact of being able to get a Canadian passport for ease of travel. I'd be nice if the main motivation would be to participate in the political process either by voting or present for office (at any level). I was affected by C-24, landed end of June 2015, so time spent 2015 will not count at all under current rules, delaying possibility to vote. That's my biggest concern, not the fact of not being able to get a passport for travel.

Saga

Star Member
Feb 20, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 September 2010
AOR Received.
26 September 2010
Med's Request
22 February 2011
Med's Done....
29 March 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
19 April 2011
LANDED..........
26 May 2011
jcsi said:
While this forum has been of great use, when it comes to the journey of C-6 with lots of updates, the downside of it is that a lot participants start stating false facts, the most obvious one right now is when the bill will come into application (No one knows that, and any statement is just a wild guess). It seems that a lot of people (not all) are driven mostly by the fact of being able to get a Canadian passport for ease of travel. I'd be nice if the main motivation would be to participate in the political process either by voting or present for office (at any level). I was affected by C-24, landed end of June 2015, so time spent 2015 will not count at all under current rules, delaying possibility to vote. That's my biggest concern, not the fact of not being able to get a passport for travel.
So very well said. Happy to see that you have some sense and maturity. Thank you for that
What is sad about most people is that most wants C-6 implemented to be able to get the passport faster and get out of the country to work somewhere else. It is a poor demonstration of ties to this beautiful country.
there is no way anyone could know when C-6 will receive royal ascent, all outcomes are out in the open. It has same chances of passing or being rejected by the senate or sent back to house of commons with amendments. So unless the senate reads it a third time and approves it, there is nothing guaranteed as for the outcome.

As for implementation (If receiving royal ascent), there is also no way to know what the government has in mind for it. All I read is pure speculation. And now with the new government reshuffling, it has been even more speculative as the government can decide to implement it the following day it is approved by senate or after a million years. There is nothing that pushes the obliges the government to do anything about it. Also remember that there are much more higher priorities for the government than this bill like the pot bill to be presented in April, the new electoral law that is being studies now and will soon go to parliament, and the oil pipelines, etc.

So as a suggestion, relax, enjoy Canada, enjoy life and don't wait for something that is not under anyone's control. We will have news very soon

septimius

Star Member
Sep 12, 2013
Saga said:
So very well said. Happy to see that you have some sense and maturity. Thank you for that
What is sad about most people is that most wants C-6 implemented to be able to get the passport faster and get out of the country to work somewhere else. It is a poor demonstration of ties to this beautiful country.
there is no way anyone could know when C-6 will receive royal ascent, all outcomes are out in the open. It has same chances of passing or being rejected by the senate or sent back to house of commons with amendments. So unless the senate reads it a third time and approves it, there is nothing guaranteed as for the outcome.

As for implementation (If receiving royal ascent), there is also no way to know what the government has in mind for it. All I read is pure speculation. And now with the new government reshuffling, it has been even more speculative as the government can decide to implement it the following day it is approved by senate or after a million years. There is nothing that pushes the obliges the government to do anything about it. Also remember that there are much more higher priorities for the government than this bill like the pot bill to be presented in April, the new electoral law that is being studies now and will soon go to parliament, and the oil pipelines, etc.

So as a suggestion, relax, enjoy Canada, enjoy life and don't wait for something that is not under anyone's control. We will have news very soon
So what's the point of this thread then?! Might as well remove anything related to C-6 and accuse anyone who asks about the bill as being a prospective citizen of convenience.

jcsi

Nov 4, 2014
septimius said:
So what's the point of this thread then?! Might as well remove anything related to C-6 and accuse anyone who asks about the bill as being a prospective citizen of convenience.
Think you are missing my point. It is obvious that not all member of this thread are prospective citizens of convenience. I'm all for people asking for updates, what I think is counterproductive is for participants to spread false information and speculate, thus, creating false hope to others. While Canada is a country that offers great freedoms, I dont think that shooting a parliament member with possible hundreds of emails is the way to go, but again, that is my opinion.

tyl92

Apr 1, 2013
jcsi said:
Think you are missing my point. It is obvious that not all member of this thread are prospective citizens of convenience. I'm all for people asking for updates, what I think is counterproductive is for participants to spread false information and speculate, thus, creating false hope to others. While Canada is a country that offers great freedoms, I dont think that shooting a parliament member with possible hundreds of emails is the way to go, but again, that is my opinion.
+1
if we compare with other developed nations , canada has had the most accessible program for citizenship . You used to live 3 years and you're fully citizen with all the rights and privileges , now it is 4 years , it will most likely at a certain point become 3 years . In the US , it's 5 years , Uk 5 , France 5 ( some people have been there for 20 years and still not naturalized due to complex process ) . We're better than any other immigrants else where . We chose to be there , WE applied .We knew what was going on here , some diplomas were not recognized , for example i even had as a british citizen passing english tests to enter certain school because i had a diploma from another european country because i immigrated here as a french citizen .We had to change our course of careers , our way to do things etc..
Even if we were "affected" by c24 , there's no way it affected my life here . If i'm in rush to get that passport , that'd mean i want to leave the country for a while .Wanting to be citizen to work for the government , noble , adding an extra wait is not going to kill , and plus it is a lengthy process already so .... I understand that every single one has its own reasons . Family purposes , there's no restriction to traveling back and forth home . I knew a lot of people that came with high expectations,business people ,highly skilled individuals , from different part of the world , and they decided to go back home or moved somewhere else where they got better opportunities .They couldn't stand to stay one extra day here nor even thinking about getting that citizenship. So at a certain point , we all control our lives , we all struggled at different levels and at the end of the day ,becoming citizen will be the cherry on the cake among all the victories/ losses , therefore be something you can be proud of as a personal accomplishment , but other than freedom of travel ,voting and accessing certain government jobs , canadian citizenship won't change the way you're living right now or get a salary increase for example or having the right to buy a land etc.... There's no way we should be affected by this , continue our lives , when it happens , we will be the first to know and we will apply .
And honestly , harassing them with emails and petitions won't work , they won't care . They are not elected by people. Plus , people are mainly talking about that 3/5 rule , applying under 4/6 is not violating any charters or laws .. the reason we should be talking about is the revocation clause which triggers constitutional issues ..but whenever they see that , if ever they open it , people are just asking to apply faster .I could bet some money that it wouldn't bother a lot to apply and still have that revocation thing on. That'll give them more credibility on the citizen of convenience topic .
I wouldn't place much hope on that new minister , immigrants are always the toughest among each other ( remember those conservatives members in the HoC and senate ) and plus he has to prove that he is acting neutrally and for canada's interest . We could be surprised , who knows eh ?