+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bill C-6: Senate stage

Amoon

Jul 5, 2013
marcher said:
It is a bit ironic that you are praising diversity yet the three different nationalities you list happen to be European ... that is what one calls selective diversity .. as long as they are white and Christian then they are welcome ???
that's not true marcher and not all whites are Christians and Canada is a great and never forced religions to be a reason for gathering people and Jesus wasn't white and never had a blue eyes .

you need some educations here buddy .

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
Amoon said:
that's not true marcher and not all whites are Christians and Canada is a great and never forced religions to be a reason for gathering people and Jesus wasn't white and never had a blue eyes .

you need some educations here buddy .
Sorry buddy I am not accusing you of anything nor am I saying Canada is racist. I just highlighted how you kind of picked the wrong examples to make a point. Pure coincidence no doubt. If I thought Canada was discriminatory I would not be applying to become a Canadian.

For the record, when someone gives an opinion or an idea you disagree with, do not automatically accuse him of ignorance by suggesting he needs education; especially when you know nothing about that person.

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
tyl92 said:
does anyone know when we would get the dates when the committee is supposed to meet ? Next year ?
The only thing that is listed so far is the next Senate sitting which is on Tuesday 31st January. I think Committees might meet the same week or the following.

Amoon

Jul 5, 2013
marcher said:
Sorry buddy I am not accusing you of anything nor am I saying Canada is racist. I just highlighted how you kind of picked the wrong examples to make a point. Pure coincidence no doubt. If I thought Canada was discriminatory I would not be applying to become a Canadian.

For the record, when someone gives an opinion or an idea you disagree with, do not automatically accuse him of ignorance by suggesting he needs education; especially when you know nothing about that person.
well If I would write down something nice about every single cultures who lives in my city it will took me days to finish my post

monalisa

Dec 6, 2016
marcher said:
The Edmonton Sun echoed Senator Lang's words about revoking citizenship of terrorists :

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2016/12/15/get-tough-on-dual-national-terrorists-senator-urges

See how media focuses only on that specific clause when addressing C-6? No wonder why the vast public are supportive of C-24.
ignore it alberta are cons,

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
monalisa said:
ignore it alberta are cons,
Does this mean ontario and BC are cons as well since vancouver sun and toronto sun are also subscribed.

Rather ironic that edmonton has an liberal MP.

monalisa

Dec 6, 2016
screech339 said:
Does this mean ontario and BC are cons as well since vancouver sun and toronto sun are also subscribed.

Rather ironic that edmonton has an liberal MP.
Youve seen the reaction of the fish when you take it out of water?

Every where there are cons and libs, i didnt mean to say that

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
monalisa said:
Youve seen the reaction of the fish when you take it out of water?

Every where there are cons and libs, i didnt mean to say that
Ha ha. Good one.

Whocares

Sep 20, 2010
admontreal said:
The won't compromise on the Terrorist clause. It's either you treat all the citizens the same way or you don't. You can come up with all the definitions you want, this will never be enough. The Minister said he is open on amendements to add items to the bill, not to remove items. Especially not that one. As per the language requirement, it will go back to the old one. I don't see the point of subjecting kids between 14 to 18 to a language requirement. They need to be welcomed, not tested over and over.
They are very optimistic. This is good!! However, THIS BILL WILL NEVER PASS because of the Terrorist clause. This is a revenge bill between the two parties and not just a bill.

MarceauBletard

Aug 12, 2016
Montréal, Québec
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montréal, Québec
LANDED..........
18-05-2011 WHP
Comments on this post:
"I think it by february will become a law."

"The senate is going to resume in last week of January 2017. By March next year everyone of use waiting eagerly for the fate of bill C6 will get a definate answer of whether c6 will pass and if yes when."

"The most likely scenario will be to have the bill passed as is in March."

"i believe it will be effective from july 2017
Bill c24 was effective after 1 year because it hurts some people, but c6 will not be harmful for anyone"

"I believe by march bill will be approved "

What I understand:
If what you guys say is correct, the bill SHOULD get Royal Assent somewhere between February-March 2017 and COULD become applicable anywhere between July 2017-March 2018.
Fingers crossed :)

admontreal

Feb 15, 2011
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Whocares said:
They are very optimistic. This is good!! However, THIS BILL WILL NEVER PASS because of the Terrorist clause. This is a revenge bill between the two parties and not just a bill.
Why is that ? Since when the Senate has become the all-mighty chamber ? Should I remind you that the Liberal party was elected in October 2015 with a majority government ?

admontreal

Feb 15, 2011
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MarceauBletard said:
Comments on this post:
"I think it by february will become a law."

"The senate is going to resume in last week of January 2017. By March next year everyone of use waiting eagerly for the fate of bill C6 will get a definate answer of whether c6 will pass and if yes when."

"The most likely scenario will be to have the bill passed as is in March."

"i believe it will be effective from july 2017
Bill c24 was effective after 1 year because it hurts some people, but c6 will not be harmful for anyone"

"I believe by march bill will be approved "

What I understand:
If what you guys say is correct, the bill SHOULD get Royal Assent somewhere between February-March and COULD become law anywhere between July 2017-March 2018.
Fingers crossed :)
Royal Assent = 'Become Law' right ?