18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
spyfy said:
Both the 3/5 and the pre-pr credit require new procedures (presence calculator, application forms, their own IT that they use to process the applications,...). So I think with a 99% chance both these changes will be implemented at the same time. Otherwise they would have to overhaul the application process twice which makes no sense.

Edit: In fact, the Coming in to Force Clauses of Bill C-6 require that 3/5 and pre-PR credit are implemented at the same time.
Here is the text of the bill:
http://www.parl.gc.ca/HousePublications/Publication.aspx?Language=E&Mode=1&DocId=8380792
As you can see, those clauses that are not taking effect immediately are separated into four groups. The first group says "Subsections 1(1), (3) and (7) and section 8 come into force on a day to be fixed by order of the Governor in Council." Note that 1(1) is the 3/5 rule and (7) is the pre-pr rule.
Actually from what you linked, 1(1) is not 3/5 rule. (2) is the 3/5 rule.
To me it looks like as soon as bill is passed, they will start counting days for pre PR credit. Only through governor order, the time will be reduced from 4/6 to 3/5.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
_MK_ said:
Actually from what you linked, 1(1) is not 3/5 rule. (2) is the 3/5 rule.
To me it looks like as soon as bill is passed, they will start counting days for pre PR credit. Only through governor order, the time will be reduced from 4/6 to 3/5.
Apparently I can't count. You are correct, the 3/5 rule and the pre-PR rule are not in the same implementation group.

I stillt think that they will implement them both together due to the hassle of changing things twice, but that is of course just my own, not very qualified, feeling.

tyl92

Apr 1, 2013
spyfy said:
Apparently I can't count. You are correct, the 3/5 rule and the pre-PR rule are not in the same implementation group.

I stillt think that they will implement them both together due to the hassle of changing things twice, but that is of course just my own, not very qualified, feeling.
actually if i may , the current form will have to be slightly modified for the pre-pr compared to the 3/5 rule , because on its current form it's already asking people about the time they first came to canada to live and the time they obtained pr status , and with the pre-pr credit it will still be 4/6 . So my guess , is that the pre-pr credit will come very soon .

HSD

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
tyl92 said:
actually if i may , the current form will have to be slightly modified for the pre-pr compared to the 3/5 rule , because on its current form it's already asking people about the time they first came to canada to live and the time they obtained pr status , and with the pre-pr credit it will still be 4/6 . So my guess , is that the pre-pr credit will come very soon .
The thing is they have to change the presence calculator as well to count pre-pr days.Just changing forms will not do.And for 3/5 rule they have to change calculator again.So my common sense says they will implement both the clauses together.

robreeves

Jun 24, 2014
tyl92 said:
When the C-24 bill reached royal assent in June 2014, its clauses came into effect immediately if i'm not mistaken. The fact may have very well been that the CIC did not have the online resident calculators in place right at that point in time but if anyone had of applied after 19th June 2014 with the 3/5 rule assumption, their application would have been rejected.

I could be wrong but once C-6 reaches royal assent, if you know you have enough physical presence time to qualify under the 3/5 rule, i'm pretty sure you can submit your application using the manual application form to prove your physical presence in Canada.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/citizen/CIT0407E-2.pdf

tyl92

Apr 1, 2013
This is bill c6 implementation plan as mentionned on :http://www.parl.gc.ca/LegisInfo/BillDetails.aspx?Mode=1&billId=8117654&View=6&Language=E

if can summarize it here to make it more simple for everybody :

Bill c-6 is cut in 4 "blocks", which would be implemented separately .

Block 1 : Intent to reside clause , pre-pr credit and the 183 days residence requirement .
Block 2 : 3/5 rule , tax filing requirement for the 3/5 .
Block 3 : age requirement modification for language testing , minors won't have to prove language proficiency , oath taking rules for people incarcerated .
Block 4 : the minister will be able to seize any fraudulent document used .

All those blocks will be implemented at different moment on a date fixed by the Governor in council.

robreeves

Jun 24, 2014
tyl92 said:
This is bill c6 implementation plan as mentionned on :http://www.parl.gc.ca/LegisInfo/BillDetails.aspx?Mode=1&billId=8117654&View=6&Language=E

Block 1 : Intent to reside clause , pre-pr credit and the 183 days residence requirement .
Block 3 : age requirement modification for language testing , minors won't have to prove language proficiency , oath taking rules for people incarcerated .

All those blocks will be implemented at different moment on a date fixed by the Governor in council.
Thats awesome information!!! Well obtained Batman!

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
robreeves said:
When the C-24 bill reached royal assent in June 2014, its clauses came into effect immediately if i'm not mistaken. The fact may have very well been that the CIC did not have the online resident calculators in place right at that point in time but if anyone had of applied after 19th June 2014 with the 3/5 rule assumption, their application would have been rejected.

I could be wrong but once C-6 reaches royal assent, if you know you have enough physical presence time to qualify under the 3/5 rule, i'm pretty sure you can submit your application using the manual application form to prove your physical presence in Canada.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/citizen/CIT0407E-2.pdf
No this is incorrect. Bill C-24 got royal assent in June 2014. But the new rules (4/6) didn't come into effect until June 11, 2015 which was a date fixed by Governor in Council.

It is also incorrect that you can apply assuming the new rules immediately after royal assent. Until the Governor in Council implemented the new rules, the old ones are still in effect. So if you apply with less than four years, your application will be refused.

In fact it even says so in Bill C-6

Presence in Canada — pending applications
14 Paragraphs 5(1)‍(c) and 14(1)‍(a) of the Citizenship Act, as they read immediately before the day on which subsection 1(1) comes into force, apply to a person whose application for citizenship was made on or after June 11, 2015 but before the day on which that subsection comes into force and has not been finally disposed of before the day on which that subsection comes into force.
Presence in Canada — pending applications (subsections 1(1) and (2))
15 If subsection 1(1) comes into force before subsection 1(2), then paragraph 5(1)‍(c) of the Citizenship Act, as it read immediately before the day on which subsection 1(2) comes into force, applies to a person whose application for citizenship is made on or after the day on which subsection 1(1) comes into force but before the day on which subsection 1(2) comes into force and has not been finally disposed of before the day on which subsection 1(2) comes into force.

HSD

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
tyl92 said:

If pre-pr and 3/5 are implemented seperately it will have a small but significant effect as not all applicants will be eligible at once and some will be eligible under current 4/6 some using pre pr but still under 4/56in some time after that and a lot more under 3/5.So a sudden influx can be somehow avoided and delayed processing times can be avoided a bit.

Confused in Montreal

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
HSD said:
Do you think the pre-pr credit will also be implemented immediately or this clause will also need sytematic changes and will be only implemented with or some time before the 3/5 rule.
valid point, but my two cents worth of intellect says that it can be asap as its just reverting back to the older rules and calculation grid which is already in place. Remember, didn't they take 50,000 Syrian refugees with not so extreme vetting. They can be trained pretty fast as the govt has to show something that they have done, so far it has been photo ops.

VFX_man

Star Member
Feb 20, 2017
So starting on the process . . . just in case. How in the heck can I remember the "day trips" to the USA for the past 6 years? Might need the 4/6 to just to figure that out.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
VFX_man said:
So starting on the process . . . just in case. How in the heck can I remember the "day trips" to the USA for the past 6 years? Might need the 4/6 to just to figure that out.
There is many posts/threads in this forum on this matter. Just hit the search button and you shall find :)

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Confused in Montreal said:
@spyfy, thanks for attending the meeting and keeping us posted. Well one can't control what you did before citizenship but after, yes they can. Plus if you commit crimes before PR or citizenship, then there is a conflict with UN resolutions and Canadian Values. I have a friend who works for Dept of Justice and his/her main client is CIC. She deports 3+ people every month. Many of them from erstwhile African dictatorships, so that makes sense to me to strip them off as it will create furore as to keeping war criminals. I myself served in the army in a conflicted zone and I gave all affidavits stating that I am from a peaceful country involved in counter terrorism, they took me as a PR as I have the highest degrees from Canada that you can attain in Canada. But if I am found to be party of a war crime in the name of counter terrorism, its against UN, Canadian and my mother country's values. If caught, even my mother country will put me behind bars despite being a soldier of the republic. So I can understand as I know and have seen the other side supporting the terrorists torturing our soldiers and killing them if caught. That's a war crime. So we gotta see a broader pic from an adoptive country's point of view.
All this is going way beyond the scope of this forum. As mentioned, I don't want to kick off a discussion here and it wouldn't be particularly productive anyways.

Confused in Montreal

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
tyl92 said:
This is bill c6 implementation plan as mentionned on

Very well done analysis and procured info. I think the rolling out maybe influenced by US as even Cons don't want to be compared and seen in the same cohort as Trump brigade as Canadians are already awestruck with the daily shenanigans that comes in from the south. All will try to have a inclusive policy and