VOID
Passport Req..
11-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2014
LANDED..........
06-07-2014
spyfy said:
Just to clarify: It seems that Senators have agreed that vote on the actual bill shall be in early May. I don't have a primary source for that I only got it from other forum members but they say they heard that during debate last week.

Today they will vote on the amendment regarding minors at 6:42 pm. They will also probably still work on bill C-6 tomorrow (Wednesday) and (Thursday).

What I was trying to say is that I will not regularly follow updates anymore and instead just wait for early May. I don't see the benefit in following it day by day anymore.
Hi spyfy, I am not an active person on this forum but I was always following your thread to understand what is happening regarding Bill C6. Your updates were always more than clear. Would you please tell us what happened today?
Thank you!

Montreal101

Star Member
Dec 5, 2016
monalisa said:
This means no more amendments or also someone is gonna introduce new amendment ;D
There was a proposed amendment but it was withdrawn by the senator that's why the session was adjourned and the 3rd reading debate with start
but adopting this amendment is not a good news it was opposed by Harder and Omidvar, so there is a slight chance to none to be accepted at the HOC which will leave us in a dilemma

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Jaddaher said:
Hi spyfy, I am not an active person on this forum but I was always following your thread to understand what is happening regarding Bill C6. Your updates were always more than clear. Would you please tell us what happened today?
Thank you!
Hi there,
today, regarding C-6, the only thing that was discussed was the amendment of Senator Oh allowing minors to apply for citizenship even if there parents aren't. This amendment was voted on at 6:45ish today. The amendment passed.

This means the bill is back to third reading and theoretically all they need to do now is vote on the bill as a whole. I say theoretically because the bill has been at this state of "no amendments, ready to go" several times. Debate has been adjourned for today. Based on tweets by senators it is likely that when C-6 is called again tomorrow there will be new amendments that need to be dealt with. Every time a Senator proposes and amendment the bill goes back to the state that the amendment needs to be discussed and voted on. Once that has been done, we are back at the third reading state. Which then, again, could be changed by another amendment.

There is not reliable source on how many more amendments are coming. It only seems apparent that there is more amendments. But if it's one or ten of them is hard to say.

Jaddaher

Dec 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Lebanon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
20-09-2013
Interview........
VOID
Passport Req..
11-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2014
LANDED..........
06-07-2014
spyfy said:
Hi there,
today, regarding C-6, the only thing that was discussed was the amendment of Senator Oh allowing minors to apply for citizenship even if there parents aren't. This amendment was voted on at 6:45ish today. The amendment passed.

This means the bill is back to third reading and theoretically all they need to do now is vote on the bill as a whole. I say theoretically because the bill has been at this state of "no amendments, ready to go" several times. Debate has been adjourned for today. Based on tweets by senators it is likely that when C-6 is called again tomorrow there will be new amendments that need to be dealt with. Every time a Senator proposes and amendment the bill goes back to the state that the amendment needs to be discussed and voted on. Once that has been done, we are back at the third reading state. Which then, again, could be changed by another amendment.

There is not reliable source on how many more amendments are coming. It only seems apparent that there is more amendments. But if it's one or ten of them is hard to say.
Thank you for your clarifications! :)

Montreal101

Star Member
Dec 5, 2016
Whocares said:
So the next amendment is this:

Glad to join @SenatorVictorOh & @SenJaffer tomorrow to discuss how to end the #detention of #children seeking asylum in #Canada

That is a fact
When was that tweet?, because it is the core of the voted amendment

Hey

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
spyfy said:
Hi there,

Can they ament the amendments !!??

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Whocares said:
So the next amendment is this:

Glad to join @SenatorVictorOh & @SenJaffer tomorrow to discuss how to end the #detention of #children seeking asylum in #Canada

That is a fact
No you are mixing up things here. This is NOT in the Senate. It's just three senators meeting up with an UNHCR representative to discuss issues.

Again, this has nothing to do with bill C-6. It's just some senators meeting up with someone "for a coffee".

Status
Not open for further replies.