Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arch said:
Hi all,
As per the previous post I had read it regarding reside in Canada

"April 28 Committee Meeting update (description in personal words):

* Big push on Declaration of Intent to Reside from Quebec NDP. Honourable Minister Chris Alexander says the measure is intended for PR's only not for citizens. Once citizen, you can leave the country and move wherever you want.

So as I understand that means only for the PR not for who want to apply for citizenship and logicically for the new PR not for the current one because if they include the current PR too , how they going to implement that by calling all the current PR to sign on the reside paper ????? :eek:
please clarify .
I would not even bother trying to understand this bs. After all, how can you expect any sense from the people who have no respect even for the Chief Justice? All we can do is to focus on kicking the Conservatives out of the office, and making sure this bill is scraped completely by the next Government. All reasonable means are good: protests, volunteering for other parties, educating people you know, legal actions against the bill...

CanuckForEver

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There you go, Chris Alexander uttered the most dreaded words, "if you value Canadian citizenship so much, then why bother how long you will have to wait to get it when you're already in the nation". He used the reference from some scholar a 100 years back to support his idea.

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
...and then there's always this place called the Supreme Court where some "people" are very much "loved and respected" ! ;)

MrB

Star Member
Aug 24, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am very confident in God that this bill will hit unforeseen road blocks. Have faith people!

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
Amen ! I agree with Mr. B as well...

Else what is the difference between living in a repressed country under a dictatorship with no freedom of expression and democracy and living in a free G-8 country like Canada (whose reputation on the international stage has reaaaaaaaaaaaaaally suffered in the last few years in ways like it probably never has before ! )

O_Ca

Feb 21, 2013
Oh my Godness

If this bill became a law by end of the year; I will be just a couple of months short of my 1095 days.
We have to initiate a class action lawsuit against CIC if the new residency requirements implemented on existing PR's. We have invested our time & money to fulfill the residency requirements of the current law.

I hope that the Great Canadian people will kick this conservative government outside the office in 2015.

anya

May 24, 2012
arch said:
Hi all,
As per the previous post I had read it regarding reside in Canada

"April 28 Committee Meeting update (description in personal words):

* Big push on Declaration of Intent to Reside from Quebec NDP. Honourable Minister Chris Alexander says the measure is intended for PR's only not for citizens. Once citizen, you can leave the country and move wherever you want.

So as I understand that means only for the PR not for who want to apply for citizenship and logicically for the new PR not for the current one because if they include the current PR too , how they going to implement that by calling all the current PR to sign on the reside papers ????? :eek:
please clarify .
Why lie about it (not to the poster but the Minister), the bill affects the PR & citizens both and in many ways. How can all be equal when they are discriminating themselves by creating two tiers of citizens? Contradiction and pure lies.

Who says citizens can come and go wherever; read the article:
http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/national/Harper+governments+immigration+bill+goes+second+reading/9884632/story.html

Tolerance

Star Member
May 14, 2014
O_Ca said:
Oh my Godness

If this bill became a law by end of the year; I will be just a couple of months short of my 1095 days.
We have to initiate a class action lawsuit against CIC if the new residency requirements implemented on existing PR's. We have invested our time & money to fulfill the residency requirements of the current law.

I hope that the Great Canadian people will kick this conservative government outside the office in 2015.
By delaying our applications,the Cons wants to make sure we don't vote against them and they get another term. They know immigrants are not good con material. Except Shory, Leung, and such :).

paw339

Star Member
May 28, 2014
As someone who may be affected by C-24 I'm surprised by how strident the criticism of C-24 is. At the end of the day this bill is the result of immigrants abusing/trying to cheat the system. New Zealand tightened up its Citizenship requirements a few years ago and the world didn't collapse for immigrants who genuinely wanted to make New Zealand their home; they just had to wait 2 years longer for citizenship but it did stop a lot of people getting their New Zealand Citizenship and moving to Australia the next day.

Regards

anya

May 24, 2012
We never know what life may throw at us, what decisions one has to take, even the ones who are extremely sure about themselves right now do not know what tomorrow may bring for them. Like it's mentioned in the article, one may have to leave the country for study/temporary job purpose, or take care of elderly sick parents, that means one cannot return to this country to their family?

paw339

Star Member
May 28, 2014
Anya that is true and I have no doubt that this bill will cause problems for some genuine people who want to make Canada their home.

It a very sad fact that so often today, life is made more difficult for honest individuals because of the dishonesty of a few who want to cheat and abuse the system.

Would the Citizenship application process be so difficult and time consuming if so many people in the past hadn't lied to try and fraudulently obtain Citizenship?

Regards

Tolerance

Star Member
May 14, 2014
paw339 said:
Anya that is true and I have no doubt that this bill will cause problems for some genuine people who want to make Canada their home.

It a very sad fact that so often today, life is made more difficult for honest individuals because of the dishonesty of a few who want to cheat and abuse the system.

Would the Citizenship application process be so difficult and time consuming if so many people in the past hadn't lied to try and fraudulently obtain Citizenship?

Regards
What 'so many people'? Today they said they are investigating about 1%. 1/2 % are maybe bad guys?

What does that have to do with not counting pre-pr for students? Or government lying to you about the terms of your residence and citizenship later?

pedram19518

May 26, 2014
Guys, I'll be eligible to apply on June 23rd. Is there any chance for me? :( I am reading this forum every night and it makes me sick every time I read about the bill's status. I am here for 6 years.