Bill C-19 Implementation

rajbabu23

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Chennai
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
What is the status of Bill C-19? When will we get to know about the "groups" targetted and by when will it be implemented?

rajbabu23

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Chennai
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
The bill c-19 has received royal assent last summer. IRCC will implement it in this spring. Exactly when? Nobody knows..
Shouldn't they disclose the details of "groups" targetted before hand to employers and public? I think I read so somewhere.

AndyUK

Oct 15, 2022
What is the status of Bill C-19? When will we get to know about the "groups" targetted and by when will it be implemented?
There are no exact details. April has been mentioned in multiple sources but nothing was 100% confirmed.

My guess (and it is just a guess) is that the groups will be announced shortly before the first draw.

Bear in mind that targeted draws are supposed to be just one of the streams - FSW etc. will still remain. There was also definitely a mention on focus on French-speaking applicants.

sbali

Jan 13, 2023
There are no exact details. April has been mentioned in multiple sources but nothing was 100% confirmed.

My guess (and it is just a guess) is that the groups will be announced shortly before the first draw.

Bear in mind that targeted draws are supposed to be just one of the streams - FSW etc. will still remain. There was also definitely a mention on focus on French-speaking applicants.
and those who are in Canada on pgwp or other work permit

pierrekiprov

Star Member
Apr 23, 2018
Should we assume that FSW draws may still continue based on high CRS scores and Bill C 19 will be just another separate way of inviting candidates like the CEC draws?

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Should we assume that FSW draws may still continue based on high CRS scores and Bill C 19 will be just another separate way of inviting candidates like the CEC draws?
They have written that they'll continue FSW and C-19 in parallel for the year. Nothing on what happens in 2024-2025 though (you can read C-19 docs and M44 docs to get a better idea, I shared them countless times in past).