+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BIG MISTAKE EVER MADE

ROSEASHISH

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ya I should have but I thought not to do it as it's preferable not a requirement . And also I had attached a explanation in my application already related with my full time and part time jobs.I had to explain a bit having so many part time jobs with one full time jobs.

I though there will be two page as a explanation one for jobs and one for my silly mistake.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
ROSEASHISH said:
Ya I should have but I thought not to do it as it's preferable not a requirement . And also I had attached a explanation in my application already related with my full time and part time jobs.I had to explain a bit having so many part time jobs with one full time jobs.

I though there will be two page as a explanation one for jobs and one for my silly mistake.
As we are human beings and we tend to make mistakes, it's always good to read the instruction guide and do the due diligence while filling the forms and cross checking multiple times.

So, you did or did not mention about the mistake in the explanation letter? If not, as they have made a note on the file, your application may be subjected to further scrutiny.

canadasucks

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Take it easy, everyone makes silly mistakes sometimes. Specially all these questions about "Have you EVER ......" are very easy to be read as "Have you NEVER ......". So I understand why you checked YES instead of NO.

ROSEASHISH

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am thinking that the officer opened my file and went through to varify everything , probably he/she will know that I did mistake and now I have corrected it and they will not put my file for further security check.

I think I should have explained in a letter why I had check marked yes and why iy supposed to be No. By doing that It would have been more specified that It was just a mistake and nothing suspicious on me and on my application.

Hamid khan

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2013
ROSEASHISH said:
OK I talked to the CIC agent on phone and he said they have a note on my file about why my application was returned. He said just fill out the page you need to and resent it to the address provided on letter.

For explanation letter he said it is up to me and preferable if I want but I did not write/send any explanation letter, I just had to attach a new copy of section 8 with marked " NO " on every option. I just mailed my application again and hopefully this time will go everything fine.

Thanks a lot for your suggestion guys. You guys are awesome :p

So many good and knowledgeable people out there in this world.

you would be ok

one of my friend did same mistake

although it took little bit longer time to approved but anyway he got his citizenship application approved.

get mentally prepared that it can take little bit longer time to approved but you would be ok.

AGAIN CHECK AGAINA AND AGAIN BEFORE YOU SEND YOUR PAKAGE.

ROSEASHISH

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hopefully everything will go well but still I might get fingerprint request and some other security checking required and they will pay more attention on my application and hopefully they will not put my application in Non- Routine process and if they do then I imagine it will be long journey for me .

bbssmm88

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
ROSEASHISH said:
Hopefully everything will go well but still I might get fingerprint request and some other security checking required and they will pay more attention on my application and hopefully they will not put my application in Non- Routine process and if they do then I imagine it will be long journey for me .
Hi
Keep calm, it is not a big deal, because anyway, they send security/background check for everyone to security agencies including RCMP. In your case, they will most likely ask for FP as you said which does not delay your processing a lot; just for the time of taking and sending FP..like a week or two.

Wish you all the best.

ROSEASHISH

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you !!

Some people are saying that I should have wrote an explanation letter to them, explaining my mistake and apologizing for that but I did not do that.

Hopefully they understand that It was just a mistake as I had checked mark Yes to all option in section no. 8 but did not explain the reason for checking mark yes in the explanation box. When CIC had returned my application they had highlighted that box to complete it and highlighted the section no.8 as well.

ROSEASHISH

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't know what is going on with my application right now , I haven't got my AOR.
Application resent to CIC with updated section No.8 and it was received on Feb-23-2017. Still waiting for AOR.

What's normal time frame to get AOR after they received Application.

Any suggestions please!!

KimM

Jan 30, 2017
It took me 9 day from when my application was delivered until I got my AOR. You should hopefully receive your AOR by early next week.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
ROSEASHISH said:
I don't know what is going on with my application right now , I haven't got my AOR.
Application resent to CIC with updated section No.8 and it was received on Feb-23-2017. Still waiting for AOR.

Any suggestions please!!
Have patience! You will get it soon.

alexchristi

Sep 8, 2011
Newmarket, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th july 2011
AOR Received.
PER 8th sept.2011
IELTS Request
on file
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
05. Oct. 2012
VISA ISSUED...
24. 10. 2012
LANDED..........
08.dec.2012
ROSEASHISH said:

Any suggestions please!!
10 to 14 days is normal AOR time frame, but sometimes it could be even longer.

I think it all depends on the number of applications received and the number of CIC employees working in a given period.

Keep cool... 8)