+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BIG MISTAKE EVER MADE

ROSEASHISH

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Applied for my citizenship on 31 JAN 2017 and it was delivered on FEB 03 2017 .

I was hoping to get my AOR but I got my application returned today in mail.

REASON FOR RETURNED APPLICATION-- Section 8 From a to j I have tick marked yes for all of them instead of marking no as I have never involved in any kind of offense.

Please tell me what should I do ?

Should just changed that section and resend it to them along with the old page which I have already submitted in first time or I can keep old one and attach a new one resend it to them ?

arunsgirl

Star Member
Feb 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2011 re-submitted April 1st
AOR Received.
24-05-2011
File Transfer...
14-05-2011
Med's Done....
21-12-2010
LANDED..........
16-08-2011
Oh dear... :eek:

I suggest calling them, explaining the mistake and asking for advice. They will probably just have you resubmit.

Oct2016

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
Just resend your application, and write an explanation letter that you forgot to mark this line.
No panic, these things happen all the time.

Good Luck!

ROSEASHISH said:
Applied for my citizenship on 31 JAN 2017 and it was delivered on FEB 03 2017 .

I was hoping to get my AOR but I got my application returned today in mail.

REASON FOR RETURNED APPLICATION-- Section 8 From a to j I have tick marked yes for all of them instead of marking no as I have never involved in any kind of offense.

Please tell me what should I do ?

Should just changed that section and resend it to them along with the old page which I have already submitted in first time or I can keep old one and attach a new one resend it to them ?

ROSEASHISH

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can anybody please suggest me how to write an explanation letter for that thing .

should I take off that page from my application and attach a new copy that section and resend to them ?

Oct2016

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
Standard Format

To: CIC ...

And just write your explanation, keep it simple.
That you missed to mark this line, and you are resending your application completed. That's it

and at the end you write your name, sign and date.

Good Luck.

ROSEASHISH said:
Can anybody please suggest me how to write an explanation letter for that thing .

should I take off that page from my application and attach a new copy that section and resend to them ?

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
How in the world did you manage this kind of mistake? :-\ But it is not clear to me why this would be reason your application was returned. Wouldn't they just process it and deny you?

arunsgirl

Star Member
Feb 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2011 re-submitted April 1st
AOR Received.
24-05-2011
File Transfer...
14-05-2011
Med's Done....
21-12-2010
LANDED..........
16-08-2011
It was probably returned because no one in their right mind would thick yes to those questions. When the immigration officer saw it they were nice and sent it back. Maybe? ::) They's people too.

Oct2016

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
I agree,

Now the best thing that you can do is resend it and write an explanation letter about that. Also try to call them and see if the agent has a note in your file.

arunsgirl said:
It was probably returned because no one in their right mind would thick yes to those questions. When the immigration officer saw it they were nice and sent it back. Maybe? ::) They's people too.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
wow, cic being nice to you. Hehe

Anyway, just do that specific page again (this time mark it correctly) and Send it back to them.
Include a note saying you had made error in that question for that page.

I would also suggest you to MAKE and KEEP a COPY of ALL THE FORMS for your record, this time, before sending.

Patient83

Feb 13, 2017
Do they keep a record in their system on his application incase of return. Did the officer return the whole thing including the fees.??

ROSEASHISH

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OK I talked to the CIC agent on phone and he said they have a note on my file about why my application was returned. He said just fill out the page you need to and resent it to the address provided on letter.

For explanation letter he said it is up to me and preferable if I want but I did not write/send any explanation letter, I just had to attach a new copy of section 8 with marked " NO " on every option. I just mailed my application again and hopefully this time will go everything fine.

Thanks a lot for your suggestion guys. You guys are awesome :p

So many good and knowledgeable people out there in this world.

Oct2016

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
Glad to hear that.

Good Luck!

ROSEASHISH said:
OK I talked to the CIC agent on phone and he said they have a note on my file about why my application was returned. He said just fill out the page you need to and resent it to the address provided on letter.

For explanation letter he said it is up to me and preferable if I want but I did not write/send any explanation letter, I just had to attach a new copy of section 8 with marked " NO " on every option. I just mailed my application again and hopefully this time will go everything fine.

Thanks a lot for your suggestion guys. You guys are awesome :p

So many good and knowledgeable people out there in this world.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
well that's good they are pretty nice people eh in Sydney, NS

ROSEASHISH

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ya and I was curious about not getting my AOR becuase of my stupidity.

App was received on FEB 03 2017 and they had started working an my application on FEB 08 2016. I would have got an email/AOR if I would not have made that silly mistake in my application.

But also when I applied I was rushing to apply it and doing so many other other important stuff related to my exam.
I have looked all small thing on my application but never looked on that page and though I had NO in that section so just leave it .

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
@ROSEASHISH

Whenever you are filling any forms, make sure you fill it properly, carefully, read the instruction guide carefully, check it 100 times before sending and make photocopies before sending. Ideally you should have sent an explanation letter.