+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

big age difference, my wife much older

humahuma

Oct 2, 2015
Hello everyone,
I've read a lot about the age difference being a problem if the man is younger than the woman..so here is my question!

I come from a 2 year relationship with my future wife, she's 48 and I'm 27.
We've been meeting 2 years ago, one year talking long distance,
and last full year we are living together in Canada since I'm on my work permit for 1 year!
We plan to spend one month back to my country(Bulgaria) so she knows my family
and then come back in Canada and have our marriage!

We both share the same passion and love, we both never married or have kids!
while I always been with mature woman than me, she always been with younger. We fit perfectly. All our families knows about the age gap, and are willing to support us ! She's aware of all the risk that immigration can think about not being genuine and we really want to go further!
I'm wondering what should we make to do a stronger application, because i Know love doesn't have limits, but I'm sure there exist other people than us! We want kids too!

Regards

Reactions: KandyK

kate_wins

Star Member
Sep 20, 2015
Melbourne-Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2015
AOR Received.
AOR 08-12-2015 / SA 15-12-2015 / AOR2 22-12-2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
13-09-2015
Interview........
not requested
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made & COPR 19/01/2016, Deadline to Land 13/09/2016
I would recommend statements from as many family and friends as possible who can vouch for the authenticity your relationship. Also include pictures of yourselves with the others family & friends.

So long as you can show the relationship is legit, you should be ok.

tdguy

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Nov-15
AOR Received.
6-Jan-16
File Transfer...
SA 15-Jan-16
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
29-Sep-15
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-Feb-16
VISA ISSUED...
9- Mar-16
LANDED..........
29-Jul-16
ah, I thought I was the only one, Im 24 and my wife is 42. We have been together since 2011 but long distance since 2012. We didnt include any statements from friends or family but we had alot of SOLID EVIDENCE, thats what they want, take as many pictures, go out alot, save call records, save every little bit of information! all the best to us..

Reactions: Inlandspouse

Ivandrea7

Star Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2015
AOR Received.
22-01-2016
File Transfer...
29-01-2016 SA -Started Processing 02-01-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
15-09-2015
Interview........
04-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2016
tdguy said:
ah, I thought I was the only one, Im 24 and my wife is 42. We have been together since 2011 but long distance since 2012. We didnt include any statements from friends or family but we had alot of SOLID EVIDENCE, thats what they want, take as many pictures, go out alot, save call records, save every little bit of information! all the best to us..
That is great! I am 11 years older than my husband and not at all worried about the age difference!

missflowery

Apr 15, 2015
Hi,

To be very honest with you,

I want you to know the trues, I do not want to hurt you the feeling, so in the case, I like to tell you the stories, I've been witnessed, mots of commons things that, the sponsorship spouse refused the differences of ages.

No matter what if you're explaining the situations with lot of evidences of solid relationship. They do not even care about that.

They are doing to be suspected cause, in the past, lot of younger are advantages to the women are much of older cause the PR and leave hers out alone!

Honest with you, I'm telling you, lot of the negatives I can see, my own friends, even included to others I met, the sponsorship spouse rejected them, they're separated each other cause the ages!

You know that, a woman is 47 yeas old, can't able to get pregnant unless if she have a period but, look at the age with issues of problems healthier to give a birth child.

I understand where you're coming from, you are both to love each others as well! so most of commons things , they will reject the application, I've seen lot, honest with you from my heart!

It is really sad but a love can be hurt and painful forever! I know the choices you've made today, to do to be with your wife , I know that you're expecting in a love strong!

The immigration of government, is not going to be stupid of that for the difference ages, they knew it from there why you're married, so they do not like the differences ages, lot of inspections why that from where and how and why, but they just do not even care about the love how much you're into love!

So, I'm single mother of 3 daughters, I'm 30 and deaf, I'm married with a deaf man is from Morocco, he is 26, so my application has approved.
And I waited for the finalize hearing in Morocco if they will approve it to my husband to come in Canada, in few months to find out what they will decide, which he have done the interview, and medical exams.

Listen, I do not want to hurt your feeling, but here, to tell the details, you need to know so, I wish you the best, I hope that they will approve you both to be together , it would be great, so if you can inform me that, I will cheers you up!

Wish the best!

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Listen, I do not want to hurt your feeling, but here, to tell the details, you need to know so, I wish you the best, I hope that they will approve you both to be together , it would be great, so if you can inform me that, I will cheers you up!
And on a happier note, 22 years age difference, no questions, no concerns...processed in under 6 months!!!

Reactions: Aloaleja

charlem

Sep 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Buletruck said:
And on a happier note, 22 years age difference, no questions, no concerns...processed in under 6 months!!!
How about the guy 16years age gap to a woman? would that make any difference?

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
missflowery said:
Hi,

I want you to know the trues, I do not want to hurt you the feeling, so in the case, I like to tell you the stories, I've been witnessed, mots of commons things that, the sponsorship spouse refused the differences of ages.

No matter what if you're explaining the situations with lot of evidences of solid relationship. They do not even care about that.

They are doing to be suspected cause, in the past, lot of younger are advantages to the women are much of older cause the PR and leave hers out alone!

Honest with you, I'm telling you, lot of the negatives I can see, my own friends, even included to others I met, the sponsorship spouse rejected them, they're separated each other cause the ages!

You know that, a woman is 47 yeas old, can't able to get pregnant unless if she have a period but, look at the age with issues of problems healthier to give a birth child.

I understand where you're coming from, you are both to love each others as well! so most of commons things , they will reject the application, I've seen lot, honest with you from my heart!

It is really sad but a love can be hurt and painful forever! I know the choices you've made today, to do to be with your wife , I know that you're expecting in a love strong!

The immigration of government, is not going to be stupid of that for the difference ages, they knew it from there why you're married, so they do not like the differences ages, lot of inspections why that from where and how and why, but they just do not even care about the love how much you're into love!

So, I'm single mother of 3 daughters, I'm 30 and deaf, I'm married with a deaf man is from Morocco, he is 26, so my application has approved.
And I waited for the finalize hearing in Morocco if they will approve it to my husband to come in Canada, in few months to find out what they will decide, which he have done the interview, and medical exams.

Wish the best!
AND TO NOT EVEN mentioning that fact that the processing VO is a big factor?! This post is a BIG CROCK of S&%T !! It MIGHT matter with a difficult VO (I can't speak for Bulgaria), but if processing is out of Manila for example the age difference would not be an issue at all.

Reactions: browning911

charlem

Sep 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
truesmile said:
AND TO NOT EVEN mentioning that fact that the processing VO is a big factor?! This post is a BIG CROCK of S&%T !! It MIGHT matter with a difficult VO (I can't speak for Bulgaria), but if processing is out of Manila for example the age difference would not be an issue at all.
Thanks God. I got relieved.. my husband is 16 yrs older than me but he act like we are the same age.. lol
I hope manila VO won't do any criticism about age difference as long as its genuine and and proven thru your documents provided.

tdguy

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Nov-15
AOR Received.
6-Jan-16
File Transfer...
SA 15-Jan-16
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
29-Sep-15
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-Feb-16
VISA ISSUED...
9- Mar-16
LANDED..........
29-Jul-16
missflowery said:
Hi,

Wish the best!

You see, I am going to have to strongly disagree with this post! There are alot of spouses with huge age gaps that have immigrated successfully without any hiccups. There are however some spouses that have a bit of a fight because of a combination of factors. I was reading about the case of Mr. Corwin Miltimore who took cic to court for refusing his wife a via just on the premise of age difference, they had the evidence to prove the relationship was real and they won! 38 year age difference... In the end i think it all boils to to evidence, it may not be an easy road but you will be approved if you are genuine. I met my wife when I was 19, she was 37, we got married exactly four years after meeting each other and have alot of evidence from our time together.... Have evidence and you will be fine!

Reactions: Alicee

lexDR

Star Member
Mar 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2015
AOR Received.
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
01-06-2015
Med's Done....
30-03-2015
Passport Req..
17/01/2016
VISA ISSUED...
25/01/2016
LANDED..........
05/02/2016
missflowery said:
Hi,

Wish the best!
I'm not one to post a lot and pull apart others comments but I think it's sad that you had to something like this to say. This person has come to the forum with concerns, and i'm sure that they have already faced judgment from others! I would like to point out that NOT once did the original poster mention about the concerns about having kids. I'm sure that this person is very well aware of his situation and it is possible that him and his wife have decided NOT to have kids. In my option it's not your place to make a comment on that subject.
Also your application wasn't approve only because your 30 and your husband 26. Every application is looked at differently. I strongly believe the more work, effort, commitment you put into the application/ and relationship can be seen by the immigration officer. Let's let that officer decide whether or not to approve his application.

Humahuma- I say, DON'T WORRY!!!! Take your time putting your application together. Like others have said, get letters from family and friends to show how true your relationship is. If you have enough proof there shouldn't be any concern on your end. My husband is 12 years older than me and we have just been approved without an interview. I wish you all the best and good luck ;)

Weary79

Aug 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2015
AOR Received.
14-01-2016
File Transfer...
21-01-2016 SA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
05-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM 17-03-2016
LANDED..........
Soon!
I am also 10 years older than my husband. We haven't finished the whole process yet, but I certainly provided a lot of evidence regarding our relationship.

I'm not sure if it helps you....but I included our skype log, photos, a snippet of text messages (I had downloaded it to a word document and included the one page with the word stats on it....over 500, 000!!), flight itineraries, I even included the itinerary for our Honeymoon in March. I also included letters from his family and my own.

This was something I was worried about when I first applied, but this forum has been amazing...and definitely put my mind at ease. Just be thorough :)

CANzanillo

Aug 20, 2014
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Miss/Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2015
Doc's Request.
14-09-2015 including PGR submitted 07/10/2015
AOR Received.
AOR 20-03-2015 - SA 24-03-2015 confirmed by phone 27-03-2015. AOR2 received 14-09-2015
File Transfer...
...within a month I was told - Update 22-04-2015 - was told my file transferred to MCVO on 20/04/2015
Med's Request
Upfront/Extended for one year to 12/01/2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2014
Interview........
Waived Thank God!
Passport Req..
03-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2015
LANDED..........
20-12-2015. PR Card Rec'd Feb 20, 2016
tdguy said:
You see, I am going to have to strongly disagree with this post! There are alot of spouses with huge age gaps that have immigrated successfully without any hiccups. There are however some spouses that have a bit of a fight because of a combination of factors. I was reading about the case of Mr. Corwin Miltimore who took cic to court for refusing his wife a via just on the premise of age difference, they had the evidence to prove the relationship was real and they won! 38 year age difference... In the end i think it all boils to to evidence, it may not be an easy road but you will be approved if you are genuine. I met my wife when I was 19, she was 37, we got married exactly four years after meeting each other and have alot of evidence from our time together.... Have evidence and you will be fine!
Agreed! The BOTTOM LINE is YOU MUST PROVE, beyond a shadow of a doubt, A GENUINE AND CONTINUING RELATIONSHIP!!

BIG age difference between my wife and I. I am older mind you. Application approved!

Reactions: Aloaleja

Liiaa

Dec 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Buletruck said:

Thank you for the happier note lol.. My husband is 18 years my senior. Although we have 2 kids together, the age diff always made me think it would be a concern.

Some people are really not helping much with their negativity! :eek:

Snowisland

Nov 23, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
LANDED..........
30-05-2016
I am ten years older than my husband and not worried at all. I have seen many post of large age differences and all were approved.