+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Best Way To Get Response Of Employers

masimshehzad

Oct 20, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have not landed with a job offer yet but I am getting good responses by contacting employers directly.
I hire some freelancer, pay him small money and get leads (phone and email address) of people of my targetted(my industry) managers.
This way, I am getting better response than job sites.

next2015

Nov 18, 2014
That's and interesting approach. You mind sharing the contacts of this freelancer? I'd like to use his services.

oscartan

Feb 4, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
masimshehzad said:
I have not landed with a job offer yet but I am getting good responses by contacting employers directly.
I hire some freelancer, pay him small money and get leads (phone and email address) of people of my targetted(my industry) managers.
That's great. What part of Canada are you resided?

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
masimshehzad said:
It's great if you can directly contact the hiring manager. But as far as I know, most hiring managers prefer not to be contacted until they filter out the few candidates they are interested in, then they (or their HR) will initiate contact themselves. That's why most job ads don't leave contact info and in fact, some job ads specifically say "No Phone Calls". I don't think you'll leave a good impression to call the hiring manager as a totally unknown guy to him/her.

IMHO, the best way to get attention is to have someone in the company forward your resume for you. That way at least the hiring manager will take a closer look at you, out of hundreds of applicants. You'll need to network a lot to have people willing to forward your resume, though. Some companies even encourage their own employees to refer people for job openings, with potential rewards, so you should go around to try to know those employees :)

polara69

Mar 9, 2013
So you are saying you let some random guy do the cold calling for you? I certainly would not hire you, no self respect and too lazy to get off your behind. I doubt you get any serious response at all!

This may work in YOUR country, but not here in Canada. Some people may think that way, you cannot wiggle your way into a serious job here. Canada ranks No. 9 on the corruption level, No1 being the least corrupt.

0NIKE0

Mar 4, 2015
masimshehzad said:
Did you get the job by your means ?

0NIKE0

Mar 4, 2015
polara69 said:
So you are saying you let some random guy do the cold calling for you? I certainly would not hire you, no self respect and too lazy to get off your behind. I doubt you get any serious response at all!

This may work in YOUR country, but not here in Canada. Some people may think that way, you cannot wiggle your way into a serious job here. Canada ranks No. 9 on the corruption level, No1 being the least corrupt.
what if the company wants to be contacted directly by the candidates ?

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
polara69 said:
I back this....

You can't even make your own phone calls?

ok!

Balangb

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have been searching for a job in the manufacturing sector for a year. Couldn't get it. anybody is there to help me out...