+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Best Way for Border Cross

chandrats

Dec 20, 2012
Hi,
I like to know what is the best approach to cross border to Canada other than going to US, as I don't have valid US visa and I am looking for a country which will give on-arrival Visa, spend some holiday time.. costs less.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
chandrats said:
Hi,
I like to know what is the best approach to cross border to Canada other than going to US, as I don't have valid US visa and I am looking for a country which will give on-arrival Visa, spend some holiday time.. costs less.
What exactly do you want to do?

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
A barrel - very cheap and no one will know that you are inside it.

Jokes apart. I don't understand what you meant by "cross border to Canada other than going to US".
Are you coming to Canada or leaving Canada?

honeysingh

Feb 20, 2013
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I guess he is planning to complete his Landing formalities, and wanted to on a vacation before that and finished his landing as a Permanent Resident in return trip.

If the above is right, it depends on what passport you have.

As per your name, i think you are Indian.....and there are only few countries that has on-arrival Visa for Indians(very few around india thats it).... None around North america.

BTW, you can complete your Landing without any US visa. You have to just tell them that you came to the Border to do PR Landing....They will guide you through the process

chandrats

Dec 20, 2012
Yea. I want to cross border to complete landing formalities for PR. Since I dont have US Visa, I looking for some other options which costs less for me?
I have Indian Passport. Sorry for the confusion

lpc19800

Champion Member
May 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 14 2013
AOR Received.
February 24 2013
Med's Request
November 13, 2013
Med's Done....
December 5, 2013
Interview........
Waived: RPRF requested: November 13, 2013
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 6, 2014
LANDED..........
January 29, 2014
chandrats said:
Yea. I want to cross border to complete landing formalities for PR. Since I dont have US Visa, I looking for some other options which costs less for me?
I have Indian Passport. Sorry for the confusion
You don't need a US visa - you can just flagpole - tell US you're wanting to do your landing in Canada and they will send you back to Canada where you do your landing

Do a search - there's tons of info on this

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
byrwus said:
HI,

I know people who crossed the border Alberta / Montana without a valid US VISA.
US Officers were helpful and they did not acknowledge lack of US VISA because they crossed on foot only to come back.

It is still not recomended.

IF you have a valid status in Canada as a worker you can apply for a US VISA from within Canada.
You can cross to (and enter) US without a US visa if you hold a valid work permit in Canada.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

sashali78 said:
You can cross to (and enter) US without a US visa if you hold a valid work permit in Canada.
No you can't to enter the US you need a visa. You can "flagpole" by getting an administrative refusal at the US side and return to Canada, but you can't enter the US.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
sashali78 said:
That's not correct. You will need a visa to enter the US. You don't need to apply for one prior to the trip if you're from a country taking part in the visa waiver program tho.

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMM said:
Hi

No you can't to enter the US you need a visa. You can "flagpole" by getting an administrative refusal at the US side and return to Canada, but you can't enter the US.
That's my mistake in what I said. One can re-enter Canada from US (only US) without a valid Canada visa but with a valid work permit. sorry for the confusion.

mannual

Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chandrats said:
Hi,
if you in alberta .carway is the best us crossing border.you just need to bring your approve PR papper passport its just like drive thru.you can drive direct to us border and they stop you tellthem you doing pr status for border crosing.they refuse us entry in ur passport and send it to canada border.then canada service agency will handle your case thanks and best of luck.its one of my buddy experince i was with him but i stay in canadian border he enter us and came canda just like 35 minute.

cptcanuck

Star Member
May 6, 2015
byrwus said:
HI,

I know people who crossed the border Alberta / Montana without a valid US VISA.
US Officers were helpful and they did not acknowledge lack of US VISA because they crossed on foot only to come back.

It is still not recomended.

IF you have a valid status in Canada as a worker you can apply for a US VISA from within Canada.
Why do you say its not recommended? I'm asking because I heard that if you attempt to do it when you get refused entry into the US you get marked and when you apply for visa you get denied. In saying that I called the border and they have advised me that it is not necessary to have a US visa to do landing.