+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Best time for landing? Places for IT opportunities

warrioraks100

Sep 10, 2016
Hi All,

I have my PR valid until November 30th, when is the best time between July and November to land?
We are planning to land in toronto. And then move onto a smaller city. Any suggestions so as where we can find IT opportunities (my spouse works as IT Support Technician)

How good is Mississauga? How much does it cost for a family of 3 for a month?
How do you get the accomodation without having a employer reference and credit score as we just landed there? Any suggestions please.

And when it comes to children, my son is 3 years old, anything that i should look out for as we will be landing during winter?

Thank you very much!

next2015

Nov 18, 2014
There is really no "best" time to land, in my view. Its all about personal preferences. Most people prefer to land before or after the winter so they can give themselves time to prepare/adjust to the weather. July is certainly warmer if weather is a big concern for you.

As for IT opportunities, those will be hard to come by in a "small city". What is your description of a "small city"? For IT opportunities, the leading destinations are Toronto, Vancouver and Montreal; you'll always find opportunities in almost every city but the number is much lower outside of those 3. If you want a small-city feel, perhaps you can consider Ottawa, its not overwhelming and has decent opportunities, too.

Accommodation - book an airbnb place for your first month of landing and do your research in that time. You can even try talking the host into leasing to you.

Anything to look out for? Well, if your landing in the colder part of the year, then appropriate clothing is critical, for your son and everyone else. You MUST have the right clothing.

All the best