+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Best province for PNP

mhafiz

Apr 19, 2013
Hey guys,

I'm doing a 2 year diploma program in computer programming from a college in Toronto and am graduating in May. I could possibly get a job in my field in Ontario within the next two months. Even then, the new 2015 PR rules confuse me. Considering that my primary goal is to get a PR ASAP, would i be better off staying in Ontario or moving out. If i have to move out of the province, which province offers the easiest and quickest option of getting approved for PNP?

beogradjanin1

Apr 6, 2013
If am not wrong, and I am pretty sure I am not, PEI doesn't have a provincial program anymore. I would say Nova Scotia, I am in similar situation as you are, I will graduate next June in NB and I am looking my options also. For me maybe would be the easiest to get PR here in NB but here is very hard to get a job. So my plan is if I do not get a job here to try in Nova Scotia. Saskatchewan is easy and fast if you graduate in SK if not you have to work for two yers and then you can apply. Which means that you can be three more years without PR. Good luck and make a smart decision, I was planning to move to Alberta because of a job market, but there is a horrible situation for PR applications.

beogradjanin1

Apr 6, 2013
mhafiz said:
Thanks a lot for the advice.. Appreciate it.. What are the terms for NB??
No problem, like I said I am in the same situation as you are so I am glad to help if I can, even with an information I have. In New Brunswick for me would be easier because I will graduate in this province in a few months. However, for other people outside of this province I believe you have to work for one year prior to applying in NB. Also, it is very hard to get a job in this province. If anyone has any other info about other provinces please share because we are all in the same situation. Thanks.

Kaur2

Star Member
Mar 1, 2015
mhafiz said:
Hey guys,

I'm doing a 2 year diploma program in computer programming from a college in Toronto and am graduating in May. I could possibly get a job in my field in Ontario within the next two months. Even then, the new 2015 PR rules confuse me. Considering that my primary goal is to get a PR ASAP, would i be better off staying in Ontario or moving out. If i have to move out of the province, which province offers the easiest and quickest option of getting approved for PNP?
Hi
just to let you know , right now in saskatchewan there is a pilot project for 2015. In that you need to work for 6 months in food , then u apply for pnp and get it in one month. here is the link :

http://www.economy.gov.sk.ca/immigration/hospitality

beogradjanin1

Apr 6, 2013
Kaur2 said:
Hi
just to let you know , right now in saskatchewan there is a pilot project for 2015. In that you need to work for 6 months in food , then u apply for pnp and get it in one month. here is the link :

http://www.economy.gov.sk.ca/immigration/hospitality
Oh wow, thanks for this info. I hope the same program is going to be valid and next year because I will graduate at the end of June 2015 so I am not sure is this program going to be good for 2016.

Kaur2

Star Member
Mar 1, 2015
beogradjanin1 said:
Oh wow, thanks for this info. I hope the same program is going to be valid and next year because I will graduate at the end of June 2015 so I am not sure is this program going to be good for 2016.
I am not sure if they are gonna continue in 2016. because they change rules every year. But if you can move around 20th june. then you can apply under this. there are so many jobs in saskatchewan. i can help u to find one. :)

beogradjanin1

Apr 6, 2013
Kaur2 said:
I am not sure if they are gonna continue in 2016. because they change rules every year. But if you can move around 20th june. then you can apply under this. there are so many jobs in saskatchewan. i can help u to find one. :)
I know, the job market is great there, thanks for your offer. I will graduate on June 24, so I do not think I have enough time to do that under that program this year. I have to try to get a job in Atlantic Canada first and trust me this is not easy to do. If I do not get a job I have to look for another option. I heard that I have to work in SK for two years in order to apply for PR. I did hear that I can apply after 6 months if I graduate in Sk, but I am not. But anyway thanks for this info, and let's hope thy are going to continue with the same rule nest year.

Kaur2

Star Member
Mar 1, 2015
there is a one more easy option too. Northeast Pilot project in BC. they have extended this project till march 31, 2016. You need to work for 9 months in north east of BC in any field. :)

beogradjanin1

Apr 6, 2013
Kaur2 said:
there is a one more easy option too. Northeast Pilot project in BC. they have extended this project till march 31, 2016. You need to work for 9 months in north east of BC in any field. :)
I heard of it, but problem is after you apply usually waiting time is up to 2 years.

Kaur2

Star Member
Mar 1, 2015
beogradjanin1 said:
I heard of it, but problem is after you apply usually waiting time is up to 2 years.
Right now there is a 3 months temporary pause on new applications. They are working on applications from the last year and that is gonna improve the processing time for new applications in July. Good luck :)

beogradjanin1

Apr 6, 2013
Kaur2 said:
Right now there is a 3 months temporary pause on new applications. They are working on applications from the last year and that is gonna improve the processing time for new applications in July. Good luck :)
Thanks a lot for info :)