+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

best place to stay for job seekers?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks. I will search in these areas.

Data engineering and data science. I do both and I'm actually not highly specialized in one or the other.

About $650 - $850 / month for the rent. I'm okay with shared apartments too. I'm not too concerned about other expenses.
You should also be adding Quebec to your list especially Montreal for tech jobs. In general KW, Ottawa, greater Vancouver, GTA are the tech hubs. Wherever there are higher paying jobs costs will be higher.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Thanks. I will search in these areas.
Data engineering and data science. I do both and I'm actually not highly specialized in one or the other.
About $650 - $850 / month for the rent. I'm okay with shared apartments too. I'm not too concerned about other expenses.
Metro Vancouver.
Is your rental budget for 2? I don't think the budget is realistic for 2 people in metro Vancouver unless it's a shared house with many others and you only take a room. Or further out from Metro Vancouver and an old basement unit...

It's hard to tell about job search of your wife without knowing what kind of healthcare job that's not in demand in Canada.

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
Sorry for the late reply.

She's a healthcare professional. Not the kind in high demand in Canada though.

Thanks for the advice!

Anybody wants to chime in with their experience in BC?
BC's is like the old " Wild West. " Everyone drives a big truck with gun rack. :)
The slower pace and healthy environment makes it desirable for some.

There are many multicultural communities in the Vancouver area that appear to be separate probably due to cultural and language barriers. The French community that I'm aware of is ' Maillardville ' close to Hwy 1, shopping and public transportation.

Education, healthcare, municipal governments, communications are big employers with opportunities and if you are able to work from home the internet is fast with fibre available depending on the provider.

If you like skiing, swimming, hiking and outdoor activities then BC may be your Chime.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BC's is like the old " Wild West. " Everyone drives a big truck with gun rack. :)
The slower pace and healthy environment makes it desirable for some.

There are many multicultural communities in the Vancouver area that appear to be separate probably due to cultural and language barriers. The French community that I'm aware of is ' Maillardville ' close to Hwy 1, shopping and public transportation.

Education, healthcare, municipal governments, communications are big employers with opportunities and if you are able to work from home the internet is fast with fibre available depending on the provider.

If you like skiing, swimming, hiking and outdoor activities then BC may be your Chime.
Nearby Korean community (on North Road; bodering Coquitlam and Burnaby) is more visible than the French community in Maillardville..

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
"If you like health and clean air and everything good and oppose all that is evil, then this is just the place for you," usual left coast passive aggressive flytrap rhetoric, who could possibly say no to that? ))

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
Nearby Korean community (on North Road; bodering Coquitlam and Burnaby) is more visible than the French community in Maillardville..
"If you like health and clean air and everything good and oppose all that is evil, then this is just the place for you," usual left coast passive aggressive flytrap rhetoric, who could possibly say no to that? ))
Spoken like a true Canadian.
Should come out West and experience it for yourself. Surely there is a nice community that you could connect with.

Reactions: steaky and armoured