Kaplan IELTS, Barrons IELTS are the best besides Cambridge

phdmaker

Jan 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah Kaplan is outstanding among all , but actually along with good practice CONFIDENCE is the key of Success in IELTS :)

Cheers

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
washington.state said:
Can someone list out best books to prepare for IELTS?
The Cambridge books are the best. They are published by the same organizations that write the exam and apparently are exams that were tested for the actual exam but didn't make it through the QA process. You can see a sample at http://assets.cambridge.org/052154/4629/sample/0521544629ws.pdf. Make sure you use actual test conditions - time yourself, make sure you are on a desk in a formal setting, give yourself minimal breaks that match those you'll have the day of, do the tests in order (listening, reading, writing, speaking), etc.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eddiepferd said:
Are there answers to the ilets 4 test linked above?
Yes, but unfortunately only in the actual book. They have answers for all the listening and reading questions and also include varying examples for the writing component with a discussion of why the examples were granted certain scores.

funty

Star Member
Aug 8, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
not yet
I took my test 2 days ago, and I agree that the Cambridge and Kaplan Practice tests were really helpful...........I recommend the Cambridge Practice test

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
funty said:
I took my test 2 days ago, and I agree that the Cambridge and Kaplan Practice tests were really helpful...........I recommend the Cambridge Practice test
how was your exam?

funty

Star Member
Aug 8, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
not yet
Dr.Hasib said:
how was your exam?

My exam was ok.....but I know I missed a couple of answers in the listening because I was a bit distracted at some point.......the reading was ok, I finished before time was up and went over the answers again..........for the writing, it was fine, but I realised that everyone wrote about 3 full pages for each task except me, I really hope it doesn't matter,...... I made sure my Task 1 was just over 150 words, and my Task 2 was about 261 words.........my speaking test will take place tomorrow, and I hope it goes well

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
funty said:
My exam was ok.....but I know I missed a couple of answers in the listening because I was a bit distracted at some point.......the reading was ok, I finished before time was up and went over the answers again..........for the writing, it was fine, but I realised that everyone wrote about 3 full pages for each task except me, I really hope it doesn't matter,...... I made sure my Task 1 was just over 150 words, and my Task 2 was about 261 words.........my speaking test will take place tomorrow, and I hope it goes well
great...check the latest speaking Q card questions. it's worth practising those beforehand, there is always a good chance to get a common
http://www.ielts-blog.com/category/recent-ielts-exams/

funty

Star Member
Aug 8, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
not yet
Dr.Hasib said:
great...check the latest speaking Q card questions. it's worth practising those beforehand, there is always a good chance to get a common
http://www.ielts-blog.com/category/recent-ielts-exams/

Thank you so much....+1

IELTS Helper

Feb 29, 2012
Sure, but how can books help you with speaking? I think there are some good videos on Youtube that show decent demos.

As for books, I find the best is Focus and Academic Skills by Longman. It really gives the skills needed.

IELTS Helper
planetielts.com

mike.fahed

Star Member
Oct 28, 2011
Lebanon
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus (CSQ)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......