+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Besides CRS points, what difference does getting provincial nomination make?

mistrhuhg

Apr 28, 2017
Hi,

I have just received a NOI from Ontario, and I am willing to live in Ontario. (slight understatement there)
But since my CRS score is 438, I think it's likely I can already get an ITA next draw.
So, I don't know if I should still apply for the Ontario nomination? Or should I wait for the draw to come out first? Do the 2 options have any differences post ITA?

karthik2479

Apr 19, 2017
Wait for ITA - you will definitely get it next round. With PNP you pay 1500 to get application processed by Ontario which will take 2 to 3 months and then again get selected in the draw from CIC after receiving the 600 points - pay their fees and wait 6 months. So essentially you go through the process twice - pay money and takes longer.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: mistrhuhg

mistrhuhg

Apr 28, 2017
Wait for ITA - you will definitely get it next round. With PNP you pay 1500 to get application processed by Ontario which will take 2 to 3 months and then again get selected in the draw from CIC after receiving the 600 points - pay their fees and wait 6 months. So essentially you go through the process twice - pay money and takes longer.

Hope this helps.
Thank you so much.
For me time and money are not terribly big problems, so I am willing to do any.
Do you happen to know if there are any extra benefits and obligations that comes with a PNP-endorsed application, compared to the normal IRCC's ITA?

karthik2479

Apr 19, 2017
No additional benefits as far as I am aware. It is just a way to boost your CRS if you are unable to clear the draw threshold. I have read that maybe background screening goes faster at the CIC stage but not sure if there is any data backed evidence for the same.

atgeo

Star Member
Mar 19, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-03-2017
Med's Done....
31-05-2017
Passport Req..
07-06-2018
I have learned that PNP applicants are obliged to settle in the province in which they have been nominated whereas other applicants can settle anywhere in Canada.

ajithj

May 1, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2017-Mar
AOR Received.
2017-Mar
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
2017-Mar
Passport Req..
2017-May
LANDED..........
2017-Jun
No additional benefits as far as I am aware. It is just a way to boost your CRS if you are unable to clear the draw threshold. I have read that maybe background screening goes faster at the CIC stage but not sure if there is any data backed evidence for the same.
It is actually the opposite. Background screening for PNP candidates is slower.

mistrhuhg

Apr 28, 2017
It is actually the opposite. Background screening for PNP candidates is slower.
Thank you for the info.
May I please check with you if you know roughly how much slower should it take?
(Furthermore, can I please check with you if there would be any rationale behind it being slower?)

Last edited:

ajithj

May 1, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2017-Mar
AOR Received.
2017-Mar
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
2017-Mar
Passport Req..
2017-May
LANDED..........
2017-Jun
Thank you for the info.
May I please check with you if you know roughly how much slower should it take?
(Furthermore, can I please check with you if there would be any rationale behind it being slower?)
Not sure what is the reason behind PNPs being slower. Check the AOR threads in this forum you can see PNP applicants are the last ones to get processed every month. Also check myimmitracker.com it has timelines of individual applicants.

From what I have seen, CEC is processed in 2-4 months. FSW in 3-5 months. PNPs in 5-6 months. (This only the time taken at federal level. PNPs have additional processing time at provincial level also).

mistrhuhg

Apr 28, 2017
Not sure what is the reason behind PNPs being slower. Check the AOR threads in this forum you can see PNP applicants are the last ones to get processed every month. Also check myimmitracker.com it has timelines of individual applicants.

From what I have seen, CEC is processed in 2-4 months. FSW in 3-5 months. PNPs in 5-6 months. (This only the time taken at federal level. PNPs have additional processing time at provincial level also).
Wow that's quite a difference in time then. I'd better wait for the ITA first then.
Thank you all so much for your big help!
Appreciate it!!!