Jun 27, 2012
Hi alesco

Inshallah u won't wait long
I'm hoping before I go he gets approved and inshallah ur wife and kids too
Take care

Lana2013

Jun 28, 2013
Hi Everyone,
Has anyone here applied for a visitor visa while the PR application is in process? I'm wondering what the chances of being granted a visitor visa is... I contacted the Beirut embassy asking them, and they replied saying it is up to the visa office to decide or reject.

Has anyone tried before?

thx

candude8

Star Member
Feb 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa (Beirut)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-01-2013
Doc's Request.
25-1-2014
AOR Received.
06-02-2013
File Transfer...
07-02-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2012
Passport Req..
10-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2014
You need to be able to prove strong enough ties to your country, showing that you will be back after the visitor visa ends, but at the same prove weak enough ties so that you will actually imigrate to Canada once the PR is issued.

It's called Dual intent. If you are able to clearly prove it, and to convince the visa officer that you will leave when the TRV is over, he might issue it.

http://www.canadavisa.com/immigration-canada-dual-intent.html

Lana2013

Jun 28, 2013
thanks Alesco and Candude for your replies. I didn't know about the dual intent before!

We will wait another month and give the visitor visa a try.

Thanks again!

Red123

Nov 19, 2012
Hi everyone. How's everyone doing? Any news?
Nothing new with our application but I do have a question.
My husband's passport is going to expire in just over two months. Should he renew now? Or should he wait until there is a request from the embassy?
Any experience with this?
Goodluck everyone.

Thanks.

Lana2013

Jun 28, 2013
Hi Red... still no updates with my file either :(
I'm not sure about the passport, I know that a visa won't be issued if the passport is expired. My husband made sure he got a 5-year passport when he renewed it to avoid it expiring.

I'm actually thinking about our (second) medicals which expire in October... I'm hoping we'll get the visa before then... unless they request a 3rd medical!

I've contacted my MP for getting details about our status, and she should get back to me next week.

Red123

Nov 19, 2012
Hi Lana. I don't think you'll need to worry about renewing medicals. I have a feeling this will all be behind us soon. Hopefully we will hear something by mid-september.
Fingers crossed! :)

chris_z77

Star Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa (beirut)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2013
AOR Received.
17-08-2013
File Transfer...
20-08-2013
Med's Done....
08-06-2013
Red123 said:
Hi everyone. How's everyone doing? Any news?
Nothing new with our application but I do have a question.
My husband's passport is going to expire in just over two months. Should he renew now? Or should he wait until there is a request from the embassy?
Any experience with this?
Goodluck everyone.

Thanks.

It only matters concerning the visa validity period. they usually give a validity period of one year from the medical exam. If your passport expires before, they will give a validity period until the passport's expiry date. what I did is that I renewed my passport for 5 years before I sent it to have the Visa stamped.

Lana2013

Jun 28, 2013
Red123 said:
Hi Lana. I don't think you'll need to worry about renewing medicals. I have a feeling this will all be behind us soon. Hopefully we will hear something by mid-september.
Fingers crossed! :)
Inshallah Red.. I\m hoping before then. What makes you think we'll hear something before mid-September? This immigration consultant I know was saying that a lot of Lebanese files are being stalled at the security result because of the dysfunctional government... I don't know how true that is.

Good luck!!

Red123

Nov 19, 2012
Hey Lana. I'm thinking mid-September because that will be the 19month (in Beirut) mark for our application. If I recall correctly, our time lines are very similar so I wouldn't be surprised if we get our PRs at the same time. I don't think the Lebanese government is to blame when it comes to the security results hold up. I think it's the occupation. My husband is also in the security forces and everyone I know that got a PR approval in the last 2 years didn't have any military or police backgrounds. Inshallah khir.

Mar 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
lebanon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2011
AOR Received.
Feb 21,2012
Med's Request
Mar 6,2013
Med's Done....
Mar 13,2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
Aug 2nd, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
soon inshallah
LANDED..........
soon inshallah
Hey everyone!

My husband lives in Dubai but his application was done through Lebanon.
They asked for a second medical and other documents in March.
can someone tell me if it will take longer for security checks to be done because he's in Dubai?
It will be 19 months in August..

Thanks

Lana2013

Jun 28, 2013
canada_citizen said:
Hey everyone!

My husband lives in Dubai but his application was done through Lebanon.
They asked for a second medical and other documents in March.
can someone tell me if it will take longer for security checks to be done because he's in Dubai?
It will be 19 months in August..

Thanks
I've read that if someone has lived more than 6 months in different countries, then it may take longer for the security results. We have the same timeline, I submitted one month before you in Nov 2011... in our case, our file has taken so long because my husband works with Security Forces.. but like Red123 said, everyone I now that has applied after me has already gotten their visas.

Good luck!

Mar 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
lebanon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2011
AOR Received.
Feb 21,2012
Med's Request
Mar 6,2013
Med's Done....
Mar 13,2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
Aug 2nd, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
soon inshallah
LANDED..........
soon inshallah
thanks lana!

were you born in canada?

Did they ask for a second medical for your husband?

Lana2013

Jun 28, 2013
canada_citizen said:
thanks lana!

were you born in canada?

Did they ask for a second medical for your husband?
No i wasn't born in Canada.. and yes, our second medical expires in October :)