Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 01 2013
AOR Received.
May 9 2013
Med's Done....
April 24 2013
Red123 said:
Dec 2011 submitted application, forwarded to Lebanon Feb 2012. Meds redone April 2013. Nothing since.
i would say email them. It doesnt hurt.

ALESCO

Star Member
Oct 7, 2012
who like some bad news :mad:

Notice – Strike Action

June 11, 2013 — The Professional Association of Foreign Service Officers (PAFSO) union is currently taking strike action. PAFSO union members responsible for processing visa applications have been walking out of offices in Canada and overseas.

Posted processing times for both temporary and permanent resident visa applications do not take into account work stoppages.

Anyone applying for a visa should anticipate delays and submit their application as far in advance as possible.

Contingency plans are already in place to ensure all offices remain open and are providing at least a minimum level of service. Priority will be placed on urgent humanitarian applications.

CIC continues to closely monitor the situation.

Red123

Nov 19, 2012
ALESCO said:
who like some bad news :mad:

Notice – Strike Action

June 11, 2013 — The Professional Association of Foreign Service Officers (PAFSO) union is currently taking strike action. PAFSO union members responsible for processing visa applications have been walking out of offices in Canada and overseas.

Posted processing times for both temporary and permanent resident visa applications do not take into account work stoppages.

Anyone applying for a visa should anticipate delays and submit their application as far in advance as possible.

Contingency plans are already in place to ensure all offices remain open and are providing at least a minimum level of service. Priority will be placed on urgent humanitarian applications.

CIC continues to closely monitor the situation.

I read about this about 10days ago, but it seems it's only affecting the larger visa offices in USA, France, China, India etc. Hopefully beirut will not be affected.

CanadaLeb

Star Member
Jan 26, 2013
Toronro
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp-Ottawa/beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/Nov/2012
Doc's Request.
No...
AOR Received.
15/Jan/2013
File Transfer...
15/Jan/2013
Med's Request
no
Med's Done....
15/oct/2012
Interview........
Waived....
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2013
LANDED..........
09-05-2013
Hope u guys are good...from my experience I think there is a back log for all 2011 applications...as most new application being processed outside Lebanon the simple application...my wifes file got processed in less then 5 month...just be patient and u will hear the good news soon

arab21

Star Member
May 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 01 2013
AOR Received.
May 9 2013
Med's Done....
April 24 2013
CanadaLeb said:
Hope u guys are good...from my experience I think there is a back log for all 2011 applications...as most new application being processed outside Lebanon the simple application...my wifes file got processed in less then 5 month...just be patient and u will hear the good news soon
what makes a case simple?

Mar 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
lebanon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2011
AOR Received.
Feb 21,2012
Med's Request
Mar 6,2013
Med's Done....
Mar 13,2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
Aug 2nd, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
soon inshallah
LANDED..........
soon inshallah
Hi everyone!!

I wrote an email 2 weeks ago to the canadian ambassy in lebanon and they replied just today.. I did not really understand what they wrote, i asked them about the status of my aaplication and also if they have received the documents they asked for in march( 2nd medical and the police clearance and other stuff too) they havent sent us a confirmation wheher they have received them back in march. so they replied by saying we are still waiting for results of the security and the medical examinations and that i will be contacted once they receive them. what security are they talking about and does that mean they havent received the reuiqred documents?!! can someone tell me whats going on? thanks

ALESCO

Star Member
Oct 7, 2012
hello guys
hello canada_citizen
i believe they already received your documents so dont worry.
about the security ckeck it is a different thing and they request it by themselfes for everyone over 18

Hab

Sep 28, 2011
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-11-2010
Doc's Request.
19-09-2011
File Transfer...
15-12-2010
Hi everyone,

my wife got ppr today after 30 months (2.5 years) :D :D :D :D :D

Hab

Sep 28, 2011
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-11-2010
Doc's Request.
19-09-2011
File Transfer...
15-12-2010
The fact that damascus visa office close and her file was transfer to beirut. Second, the security tchek take too many time for ma wife but 7amdillah now its done!!!
Red123 said:
Congrats!!! Nice to hear. Any idea why it took so long?

candude8

Star Member
Feb 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa (Beirut)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-01-2013
Doc's Request.
25-1-2014
AOR Received.
06-02-2013
File Transfer...
07-02-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2012
Passport Req..
10-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2014
Any specific reason why the security check would take long for your wife?
Did she live in multiple countries other than Lebanon?
Does she or her family have a certain clear political affiliation? (I don't care to know which party, just a yes/no)

Thanks.

marwah

Star Member
Jun 27, 2012
Congrats hab

Allesco how r u? Have u tried a visitor visa for ur family or is that not an option?
Our lawyer told us we would not be accepted for a visitor

We r 30 months and still waiting :'(

I wonder if its worth taking a trip to Lebanon to go to the embassy?
Any suggestions?

Ty

chris_z77

Star Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa (beirut)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2013
AOR Received.
17-08-2013
File Transfer...
20-08-2013
Med's Done....
08-06-2013
Hello guys,

I have gathered all the papers and forms to sponsor my wife, waiting to receive them by next week to apply.
She did an upfront medical exam in Beirut.
I have been reading that there is three things that helps to speed up the spousal sponsorship application (please correct me if i'm wrong):
1- upfront medical exam and enclose it with the application
2- apply for sponsorship and PR status together
3- pay ALL THE FEES at once.

and of course not to forget any document and provide proof of relationship as much as possible.

On CIC website it says that processing time for Beirut is 19 months. Though I have been told from many sources that following the 3 steps above should speed it up to less than a year.
Does anyone have any experience regarding this?

marwah

Star Member
Jun 27, 2012
Hello Chris

Honestly it's luck when it comes to immigration I had everything handed in but I'm 30 months and still waiting for my husband. I wasn't missing a thing :'(

Good luck