App. Filed.......
February 2011
File Transfer...
April 6 2011
Med's Request
January 2012
Med's Done....
December 2010
Hey still waiting!! Hope searching for a ticket and packing is going amazingly well!! Could you please advise what day Beirut received your embassy from Damascus? We are still waiting for call number 2, I am going to try and not think about it--I am stressing myself out lol

still waiting

Oct 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/ Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2011
Doc's Request.
16-07-2012
File Transfer...
27-04-2011
Med's Request
12-01-2012
Med's Done....
??-02-2011 and 12-01-2012
Passport Req..
07-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
07-08-2012
nairyd said:
Hey still waiting!! Hope searching for a ticket and packing is going amazingly well!! Could you please advise what day Beirut received your embassy from Damascus? We are still waiting for call number 2, I am going to try and not think about it--I am stressing myself out lol
it said in my CAIPS that they have received my file back in March 2012, so it took them 5 months to grant me a visa; but I shouldn't be considered a rule, because there aren't any rules; look at Kat or nono or Armando; we simply don't know how it is done. When I told the lady, who gave me back my personal pictures, that I was waiting for over 15 months, she was shocked; so I don't know how it is done, but it looks pretty random! I think we just happened to be unlucky that we applied at the almost exact time when the issues in Syria started. But me getting my visa without any previous alarms proves that we are NOT Forgotten, all of you used to tell me enno it's a matter of time when I was down, and I used to say the same thing as well; and we were right, out of the blue you also will get that mysterious call and this would be over... Nshalla as soon as possible. I know no matter what I would say deep down you'd be like: what does she care, she got her visa, but the thing is I've been there and done that, worrying and stressing will only put more pressure on your life and relationship and won't affect at all your husband's immigration process. They won't be much late, your husband will get the call, at least he was contacted; you are lucky enough to know that your file is being processed. Have faith and nshallah soon he will get the final call. Nshallah soon!!!!!!! None of you would be waiting any more Ya Rabbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb!

nairyd

Mar 28, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Lebanon/ Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 2011
File Transfer...
April 6 2011
Med's Request
January 2012
Med's Done....
December 2010
still waiting said:
it said in my CAIPS that they have received my file back in March 2012, so it took them 5 months to grant me a visa; but I shouldn't be considered a rule, because there aren't any rules; look at Kat or nono or Armando; we simply don't know how it is done. When I told the lady, who gave me back my personal pictures, that I was waiting for over 15 months, she was shocked; so I don't know how it is done, but it looks pretty random! I think we just happened to be unlucky that we applied at the almost exact time when the issues in Syria started. But me getting my visa without any previous alarms proves that we are NOT Forgotten, all of you used to tell me enno it's a matter of time when I was down, and I used to say the same thing as well; and we were right, out of the blue you also will get that mysterious call and this would be over... Nshalla as soon as possible. I know no matter what I would say deep down you'd be like: what does she care, she got her visa, but the thing is I've been there and done that, worrying and stressing will only put more pressure on your life and relationship and won't affect at all your husband's immigration process. They won't be much late, your husband will get the call, at least he was contacted; you are lucky enough to know that your file is being processed. Have faith and nshallah soon he will get the final call. Nshallah soon!!!!!!! None of you would be waiting any more Ya Rabbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb!
Ours was received in June, this whole process is not worth being analyzed--luck of draw. and no lol dont worry deep down i'm not saying that, I say that to myself all the time--i guess the stressing only happens when i think about it too much! Thanks for your reply back! Like u said im just happy they contacted us and that my husband and i are healthy and still so loving.

Inshalla soon we will all get great news! xoxo

Tina85

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut/Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-Sept-2011
File Transfer...
Nov 24, 2011
Hey everyone!
I have another question :)... I stopped working since march becUse my company laid everyone off, so do I have to update the embassy that I'm no longer working?? (I am the sponsor) also my husband who is currently in Lebanon got a new job in UAE contract to start in sept , so do we have to update them of that change a well? From now? And how doni do that??

Also, I am
Planning on applying for visit visa for him from UAE since now he will have a job stating he's entitled for 2 weeks vacation etc etc, so since I'm not working is that gonna be a problem? Do they need a notice of assessment ? Or can I get my father to state he will be finically responsible for both of us during his stay in Canada??? PLEASE HELP ME SOMEONE :( I'm so confused and worried now

still waiting

Oct 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/ Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2011
Doc's Request.
16-07-2012
File Transfer...
27-04-2011
Med's Request
12-01-2012
Med's Done....
??-02-2011 and 12-01-2012
Passport Req..
07-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
07-08-2012
Tina85 said:
Hey everyone!
I have another question :)... I stopped working since march becUse my company laid everyone off, so do I have to update the embassy that I'm no longer working?? (I am the sponsor) also my husband who is currently in Lebanon got a new job in UAE contract to start in sept , so do we have to update them of that change a well? From now? And how doni do that??

Also, I am
Planning on applying for visit visa for him from UAE since now he will have a job stating he's entitled for 2 weeks vacation etc etc, so since I'm not working is that gonna be a problem? Do they need a notice of assessment ? Or can I get my father to state he will be finically responsible for both of us during his stay in Canada??? PLEASE HELP ME SOMEONE :( I'm so confused and worried now

Tina, you have to be extremely careful about what u say or even ask them; you have to remember that you have signed a sponsorship agreement with the government. So it is solely your responsibility to sponsor your husband. Which province are you in?

Tina85

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut/Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-Sept-2011
File Transfer...
Nov 24, 2011
still waiting said:
Tina, you have to be extremely careful about what u say or even ask them; you have to remember that you have signed a sponsorship agreement with the government. So it is solely your responsibility to sponsor your husband. Which province are you in?
Alberta... What do u mean?

fadimaya

Star Member
Feb 13, 2012
spousal sponsorship doesn t need a specefic revenue in all provinces , u just not allowed to go on welfare that s all so don t worry !!! just don t go on welfare

Tina85

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut/Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-Sept-2011
File Transfer...
Nov 24, 2011
fadimaya said:
spousal sponsorship doesn t need a specefic revenue in all provinces , u just not allowed to go on welfare that s all so don t worry !!! just don t go on welfare
Thanks :) but do I (as the sponsor) have to update them that I'm no longer employed?

Also, for a temp resident visa ( visit) does anyone know for the part where it asked if "have u ever been refused any kind of visa or denied access to Canada or any other country? My hubby a few years ago applie for a visit visa but was denied so should we say yes it no?

Yass

Star Member
Jun 10, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2011
Doc's Request.
26-09-2012
File Transfer...
28-09-2011
Med's Request
26-09-2012
Med's Done....
09-10-2012
Passport Req..
21-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-01-2013
LANDED..........
21-02-2013
Tina85 said:
Thanks :) but do I (as the sponsor) have to update them that I'm no longer employed?

Also, for a temp resident visa ( visit) does anyone know for the part where it asked if "have u ever been refused any kind of visa or denied access to Canada or any other country? My hubby a few years ago applie for a visit visa but was denied so should we say yes it no?
Hello Tina,
I don't think you have to update them about your employment status, it is their fault they didn't give your husband a visa, not yours, when you applied you were and still eligible no matter what.
As for the refusal of a previous application for a visa, I think he shouldn't lie whatsoever, they will know.
Good luck

htraboul

May 27, 2011
I am wondering how long time it takes after file opening in Beirut. It has been 19 months that my wife s file reached Damascus. on july 5 they called us from Beirut telling that they have just opened the file. I dont know if they study the application from 0 or they continue from the place they stoped in Damascus. What do you think guys??

nairyd

Mar 28, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Lebanon/ Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 2011
File Transfer...
April 6 2011
Med's Request
January 2012
Med's Done....
December 2010
htraboul said:
I am wondering how long time it takes after file opening in Beirut. It has been 19 months that my wife s file reached Damascus. on july 5 they called us from Beirut telling that they have just opened the file. I dont know if they study the application from 0 or they continue from the place they stoped in Damascus. What do you think guys??
Ours has been in process for 16 months and arrived in lebanon June 7 and they called my husband last week saying its almost done--so I do not think they start from 0, they start from where damascus left off! Good luck!!! Hope you get the call very soon!!!

elias201

Jul 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 24, 2011
Doc's Request.
Sep 2012
AOR Received.
Apr 2011
File Transfer...
May 12, 2011
Med's Request
Sep 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 2011
htraboul said:
Hi htraboul, some people got their PR in 12 and 15 months. I was wondering why your application took that much time. Was there any issue with your application?

htraboul

May 27, 2011
Yes Elias I know that some people got their visa much faster than us. I dont know if the fact that my wife came to Canada with a study permit had an effect on our sponsorship application. Perhups they say she is already in Canada so no need to rush in her application.
Or because that she delayed the second exams 3 months because she was pregnant.
I really dont know why it took much longer time in our case

LELLO

Jul 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa-Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2011
Doc's Request.
09-18-2012
File Transfer...
04-06-2011/ 07-03-2012 (BEY)
Med's Request
09-18-2012
Med's Done....
09-25-2012
Interview........
02-14-2013
Passport Req..
02-14-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-14-2013
hi everyone, kifkoun lk long time wallah i didnt write anything, bas i have following everything with you guys, congrats for those
who got their papers.
ANa i have good news, i have just finished with a call with immigration Canada, after trying for two full days w always getting a busy signal. Anyways, the news is that the girl was amazing that answered my questions, she said my application is in progress and was updated March 7/2012, which means they are working on it, and assured me it was recvd in Beirut back in March. Second, i told her enno i have been sending so many e-mails to Beirut VO w no reply. She said thats good news because if everything is ok on my application , they will not waste time just to write for me that they are working on it. The only time they reply is if they r missing something or if they require documents. So she said according to what she is saying, everything is looking good and it is just a matter of time.

Nshallah ya rabb, b shaher Ramadam mnesma3 kl l good news w ya rab allah yejma3na ma3 our loved ones w ya rab my husband will get a phone call in the next few weeks, lk 7atta in the next few months ana ablenei.
Good luck for everybody..

lele

Dec 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
htraboul said:
Yes Elias I know that some people got their visa much faster than us. I dont know if the fact that my wife came to Canada with a study permit had an effect on our sponsorship application. Perhups they say she is already in Canada so no need to rush in her application.
Or because that she delayed the second exams 3 months because she was pregnant.
I really dont know why it took much longer time in our case
Hi htraboul, you said they delayed yours because your wife with you and your children , but can you tell me why they delayed mine or Hab
19 month in process and 21 month since arrived to damascus
WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY? ? ?