+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Beirut FAM applicants forwarded to CPP-Ottawa

hyh

Dec 28, 2010
hey guys ..
what is the validity of the canadian visit visa these days ? I heard that visit visa nowadays are issued for 6 months period regardless of the period you ask for in the application .. I'm planing to re-apply for my wife visit visa and this time I'll ask for 22 days only (first visa I asked for 6 months and the visa was refused due to that) ....

can someone share their experience with recent visit visa duration .. thanks

chris_z77

Star Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa (beirut)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2013
AOR Received.
17-08-2013
File Transfer...
20-08-2013
Med's Done....
08-06-2013
Personally I have no idea about this issue

hyh said:
hey guys ..
what is the validity of the canadian visit visa these days ? I heard that visit visa nowadays are issued for 6 months period regardless of the period you ask for in the application .. I'm planing to re-apply for my wife visit visa and this time I'll ask for 22 days only (first visa I asked for 6 months and the visa was refused due to that) ....

lebcan

Star Member
Mar 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA (Beirut)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2013
AOR Received.
09-04-2013
File Transfer...
25-09-2013 (To Beirut)
Med's Done....
02-2013
Passport Req..
05-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2014
LANDED..........
Hopefully Soon
Mabrouk Sue! all the best in your new life!

Hello hyh,
I remember you said you were gonna apply few months ago when i wrote that i got my visit visa..Is it then when you got rejected? Anyways to answer your question my visa is a 3 year multiple entry one..of course whenever you are in Canada if you wanna stay for more an 6 months you apply for an extension..but many people i know got a multiple visa and not only a single 6 months visa..

as for me..still waiting after the medicals...

TSI and wilderness did you hear anything back from them after the medicals? Wilderness did you give birth? :) Nchalla all is good on our side

yalla later guys

hyh said:
hey guys ..

Wilderness

Star Member
Feb 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa (forwarded to Beirut)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-03-02013
AOR Received.
11-04-2013
File Transfer...
11-04-2013
lebcan said:

TSI and wilderness did you hear anything back from them after the medicals? Wilderness did you give birth? :) Nchalla all is good on our side
Hey guys. Sorry I disappeared, but I gave birth last week and have been very busy since. I'll probably do the medicals sometime in August if I find a doctor in Toronto who has an appointment. I just don't have the energy now.

Congrats to the ones who got the visa. Now I'm hoping mine will be delayed for 9 months. That way I can land when we come back to Canada next year. I really don't want to fly to Toronto in the middle of the school year with a few-months-old baby.

hyh

Dec 28, 2010
lebcan said:

Hello hyh,
I remember you said you were gonna apply few months ago when i wrote that i got my visit visa..Is it then when you got rejected? Anyways to answer your question my visa is a 3 year multiple entry one..of course whenever you are in Canada if you wanna stay for more an 6 months you apply for an extension..but many people i know got a multiple visa and not only a single 6 months visa..
I submitted the visit visa last time and i got an answer after 28 days of processing ( i actually emailed them on day 28 to get the answer !! )

the visa was rejected due to the following reasons :
1- family ties in canada
2- Length of proposed stay in Canada
3- her personal assets and financial status

the first one i cant change it ..

In the first application i asked for 6 months period so now I"m planing to ask for 22 days only and get an extension once she lands in canada

for the third one, in the first application I attached my assets, bank statements and I clearly mentioned that I will be responsible for my wife expenses n canada ... this time, we will attach her bank statements

keep in mind my wife has a 5 year US visit visa and 2 schegen visas !!

what do you guys think ? .. I'm expecting a new set of file notes on 19 July so after the notes I'll decide to re-apply for a visit visa or not ..

thank you all ..

sue89

Star Member
Aug 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa/Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2013
Nomination.....
CSQ 18-6-2013
AOR Received.
14-05-2013
File Transfer...
25/09/2013
Med's Done....
25/03/2013
hyh said:
I submitted the visit visa last time and i got an answer after 28 days of processing ( i actually emailed them on day 28 to get the answer !! )

the visa was rejected due to the following reasons :
1- family ties in canada
2- Length of proposed stay in Canada
3- her personal assets and financial status

the first one i cant change it ..

In the first application i asked for 6 months period so now I"m planing to ask for 22 days only and get an extension once she lands in canada

for the third one, in the first application I attached my assets, bank statements and I clearly mentioned that I will be responsible for my wife expenses n canada ... this time, we will attach her bank statements

keep in mind my wife has a 5 year US visit visa and 2 schegen visas !!

what do you guys think ? .. I'm expecting a new set of file notes on 19 July so after the notes I'll decide to re-apply for a visit visa or not ..

thank you all ..

hi hyh
I dont encourage u to apply a second time for a visit visa because i feel that once they refuse it t they will refuse it again and everytime for different reasons .i have applied for a visit visa three times during the processing time of my sponsorship application and in every time they were giving me differnet reasons to refuse it.
wish u best of luck

sue89

Star Member
Aug 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa/Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2013
Nomination.....
CSQ 18-6-2013
AOR Received.
14-05-2013
File Transfer...
25/09/2013
Med's Done....
25/03/2013
Wilderness said:
Hey guys. Sorry I disappeared, but I gave birth last week and have been very busy since. I'll probably do the medicals sometime in August if I find a doctor in Toronto who has an appointment. I just don't have the energy now.

Congrats to the ones who got the visa. Now I'm hoping mine will be delayed for 9 months. That way I can land when we come back to Canada next year. I really don't want to fly to Toronto in the middle of the school year with a few-months-old baby.

congratulations for the new baby .... hamdella 3ala salemtik :* inshalah things goes as u wish and plan .

TSI

Mar 10, 2014
Wilderness said:

Thanks LebCan and many congratulations to Wilderness!!!!

Nothing new from our side, it's just been quiet since they requested the medicals and police clearance letters. We've submitted everything around June 12th and now just playing the waiting game. Hopefully we'll hear something soon.

Thanks for keeping us company Chris, all, appreciate your support and concern :)

Canadian_Leb

Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-03-2013
Med's Done....
24-01-2013
Passport Req..
02-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2014
LANDED..........
Inshallah 2014-09-12
Congratulations wilderness .... Nothing beats that! Hala2 mighli w 2ossas.. Anyway el hamdilla 3a salameh.

Lebcan,TSI hang in there yallah inshallah soon :D

sue89

Star Member
Aug 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa/Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2013
Nomination.....
CSQ 18-6-2013
AOR Received.
14-05-2013
File Transfer...
25/09/2013
Med's Done....
25/03/2013
hi guys
i think this is my last update :)
they called me today to pass by the visa office and take my passport :) i cant believe that it only took 5 days while they said it will take minumum 30 days .hamdulilah :)
inshalah all of you hear good news this week

adri81

Sep 18, 2009
congrats to all.i submitted my passport last Monday and they call me on Thursday to collect it back. they put wrong my COR but doesnt matter as the officer will change it for me once landing

hyh

Dec 28, 2010
hey guys .. I just received my file notes. and here is the summary:

notes requested on 19/06/2014
application last updated on 30/04/2014

Eligibility : in progress
security : not started
Criminality : not started
Medical : Passed

in the eligibility assessment:
status date : 30/04/2014
Due date : 29/08/2014

at the bottom... there is a long note about how we me and when .. the marriage .. the attendees .. etcc..
at the end of the note : Final Step -- for officer's review

there is another statement in the notes that I didnt understand:
SSU for OFF's review

SO what do you think guys ? that officer review had been requested 50 days ago, so how much longer until the Officer finish that review ??
and by the way in the notes, they mentioned that we applied for a visit visa for my wife, so is it good or bad to apply for a second one ?

Thank you all .. and congrats to all who got their visas ..

lebcan

Star Member
Mar 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA (Beirut)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2013
AOR Received.
09-04-2013
File Transfer...
25-09-2013 (To Beirut)
Med's Done....
02-2013
Passport Req..
05-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2014
LANDED..........
Hopefully Soon
Hi guys,

No news from our side...

just checking Wilderness, TSI...any news??

lebcan

Star Member
Mar 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA (Beirut)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2013
AOR Received.
09-04-2013
File Transfer...
25-09-2013 (To Beirut)
Med's Done....
02-2013
Passport Req..
05-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2014
LANDED..........
Hopefully Soon
I'm sooo happy!!!

We got our passport request today in the morning!! I went and submitted it today as well!!

Thank God!!! Im so thankful

3a2bel l kil ya rab

Canadian_Leb

Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-03-2013
Med's Done....
24-01-2013
Passport Req..
02-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2014
LANDED..........
Inshallah 2014-09-12
lebcan said:
I'm sooo happy!!!

We got our passport request today in the morning!! I went and submitted it today as well!!

Thank God!!! Im so thankful

3a2bel l kil ya rab
Mabrouk lebcan alf mabrouk wallah I came to check on you today see what you have been up too.. thats great news alf mabrouk el hamdillah :) :-*