AOR Received.
17-08-2013
File Transfer...
20-08-2013
Med's Done....
08-06-2013
Canadian_Leb said:
Inshallah :-D Allah yifrija 3a everyone

By the way my ecas changed to decision made today :)

I wanna go to Montreal bas not now. Need to go to Lebanon

I wanna go to adonis and do some shopping. What's that Lebanese cocktails and arghili place called? It is so good we don't have anything like that here in Calgary
My ecas did not change yet :p

I have an adonis right across my house, and about the Arguile and cocktail place... well there is plenty enough that you think you are in Lebanon, but I guess you are talking about Antably... If you don't have anything like that in Calgary... well maybe it's a good idea to start it yourself ;)

Canadian_Leb

Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-03-2013
Med's Done....
24-01-2013
Passport Req..
02-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2014
LANDED..........
Inshallah 2014-09-12
Yes thats what I am talking baout Antably Inshallah one day :-D

Ecas takes few days to become decision made. Yours will change next week inshallah

Yallah 3a2bail Lebcan, Sue, TSI and Soon_Canadian and anyone I forgot to mention
:D

sue89

Star Member
Aug 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa/Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2013
Nomination.....
CSQ 18-6-2013
AOR Received.
14-05-2013
File Transfer...
25/09/2013
Med's Done....
25/03/2013
Canadian_Leb said:
Yes thats what I am talking baout Antably Inshallah one day :-D

Ecas takes few days to become decision made. Yours will change next week inshallah

Yallah 3a2bail Lebcan, Sue, TSI and Soon_Canadian and anyone I forgot to mention
:D

Inshalahhj ya rabbb thank u canadian leb and congratulationssss chris ur very lucky mashalah you got it in less than a year :) congratulations again:)
on the vo documents timeline that shows our processing timeline i can see that chris is from quebec i just wana ask u how come that adonis is next to ur house and i only know that adonis is in montreal and my realtives in quebec go to montreal to visit adonis and shopping there lebanese food . is there an Adonis in quebec ?

chris_z77

Star Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa (beirut)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2013
AOR Received.
17-08-2013
File Transfer...
20-08-2013
Med's Done....
08-06-2013
sue89 said:
Inshalahhj ya rabbb thank u canadian leb and congratulationssss chris ur very lucky mashalah you got it in less than a year :) congratulations again:)
on the vo documents timeline that shows our processing timeline i can see that chris is from quebec i just wana ask u how come that adonis is next to ur house and i only know that adonis is in montreal and my realtives in quebec go to montreal to visit adonis and shopping there lebanese food . is there an Adonis in quebec ?
No but Montreal is in Quebec :p LoL... When I say Quebec I mean the Province not the City

TSI

Mar 10, 2014
chris_z77 said:
No but Montreal is in Quebec :p LoL... When I say Quebec I mean the Province not the City
Wow! I go on a business trip for just over a week and miss out on all this!!!! Wonderful! Truly Amazing news! Happy tears started streaming down my face as I went through all the messages I had missed. Congratulations to Canadian_leb, Adam, and Chris! I am so happy for you all, and it truly does feel like we (the ones waiting) got it ourselves.

You guys have been amazing, wonderful and so supportive to have gone through all this with us, this ... marathon is truly something you had to experience before you can appreciate the gauntlet that it is! Thank you so much for your strength and guidance! I truly hope that we will be able to meet up sometime when everyone is in Canada, even if we are scattered across the various provinces. I think I will plan on multiple road trips with my wife, and if we are all still in contact, I would love to be able to have some kind of reunion :)

God bless you all, and hopefully those of us still waiting will hear something soon.

My wife did her medicals (doctor's office said it would take 12 days before the results are ready to be sent out), and just received her Lebanese Police Clearance, while her non-Lebanese Police Clearance should come out next week. Hopefully, once everything is sent in late next week, it won't be too long before we get the "golden email".

As for Adonis, they just opened two very large stores in the Toronto-Mississauga area, so just in case anyone was thinking of coming this way ;-)

Congratulations again!

Canadian_Leb

Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-03-2013
Med's Done....
24-01-2013
Passport Req..
02-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2014
LANDED..........
Inshallah 2014-09-12
Thank you so much TSI

Inshallah your turn will come very soon.... Yallah it is coming inshallah.

Thank you for your continuous support...You are so cute wallah you have been very supportive and your positive vibes around the forum have kept us patient and optimistic.

We are blessed to have you around.
Allah ybarik feek ya rab w inshallah soon very soon you will be united with your wife very soon. W inshallah Lebcan w sue w soon_canadian w wilderness w everyone whose waiting inshallah hear soon and get the golden emails very very soon.

Trust me when you get you feel like something was lifted off your shoulders and you start worrying about other things but these things are just a part of life. You know how your partner will adjust here etc.. etc.. but all of that is just the nature of humans that we are always worried about the unknown

All we need to keep in mind that GOD never leaves anyone hanging... It might seem like it but it is always for the human's sake and benefit

Inshallah we will keep in touch and if anyone ever comes down west let me know :) and if I go East I will keep you posted :) Adonis is a good idea ;-) Hubby and I will definitely wanna go sometime East but we got lots going on this year

Maybe when he is more settled inshallah :)

lebcan

Star Member
Mar 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA (Beirut)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2013
AOR Received.
09-04-2013
File Transfer...
25-09-2013 (To Beirut)
Med's Done....
02-2013
Passport Req..
05-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2014
LANDED..........
Hopefully Soon
HI guys!!

please I need you help

I got this letter today:

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. Please return this letter with the requested following documents:

- Updated Lebanese police certificate

- Individual civil registry extract

- Family civil registry extract for you and for your sponsor

Please gather all requirements and submit ALL requested documents at the same time, in a single package. Do not submit documents one by one.

All documents, in a language other than English or French must be accompanied by original certified translations into English or French, except the passports.

Please be notified that if you do not comply with this request within 15 days of the date of this letter, your application for permanent residence in Canada will be assessed on the basis of the information already on file. Failure to provide the requested documents could result in the refusal of your application

Please submit your documents by email to the Embassy of Canada in Beirut at the address below:

berut.im-permanentresidence @ international.gc.ca

Please include a copy of this letter with your documents. If a copy of this letter is not on file, the envelope will be returned to you.

Please quote your file number, as well as your telephone & contact information on all correspondence/ documents you send to us.

If your family composition has changed (e.g. by marriage, divorce, birth, death), or if you have changed your address, your email, your phone number ... you must inform us now.

Sincerely,

CAF

Immigration Section

Why do they want ekhrajet l 2ed?? we did not register our marriage here in lebanon so they will show single on them!! im so worried!! what should i do?? Do u think I should write a letter and attach it to explain that we didn't register it here because it is a hassle to do so in lebanon??
Chris you had the same case no? Please advise me what u did

and it says individual for me and family for both right??? pleasee give me your feedback
and since they say by email..what do they mean we will return the package ?? what packge??

your feedback please!!

Wilderness

Star Member
Feb 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa (forwarded to Beirut)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-03-02013
AOR Received.
11-04-2013
File Transfer...
11-04-2013
Hi guys,

I also just got an email. They're requesting an updated lebanese police certificate. They want it within 7 days.

One problem though: I'm currently in Canada and won't be back in Lebanon until September. Do you know if it's at all possible for me to obtain the police certificate while I'm here?

chris_z77

Star Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa (beirut)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2013
AOR Received.
17-08-2013
File Transfer...
20-08-2013
Med's Done....
08-06-2013
lebcan said:
HI guys!!

please I need you help

I got this letter today:

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. Please return this letter with the requested following documents:

- Updated Lebanese police certificate

- Individual civil registry extract

- Family civil registry extract for you and for your sponsor

Please gather all requirements and submit ALL requested documents at the same time, in a single package. Do not submit documents one by one.

All documents, in a language other than English or French must be accompanied by original certified translations into English or French, except the passports.

Please be notified that if you do not comply with this request within 15 days of the date of this letter, your application for permanent residence in Canada will be assessed on the basis of the information already on file. Failure to provide the requested documents could result in the refusal of your application

Please submit your documents by email to the Embassy of Canada in Beirut at the address below:

berut.im-permanentresidence @ international.gc.ca

Please include a copy of this letter with your documents. If a copy of this letter is not on file, the envelope will be returned to you.

Please quote your file number, as well as your telephone & contact information on all correspondence/ documents you send to us.

If your family composition has changed (e.g. by marriage, divorce, birth, death), or if you have changed your address, your email, your phone number ... you must inform us now.

Sincerely,

CAF

Immigration Section

Why do they want ekhrajet l 2ed?? we did not register our marriage here in lebanon so they will show single on them!! im so worried!! what should i do?? Do u think I should write a letter and attach it to explain that we didn't register it here because it is a hassle to do so in lebanon??
Chris you had the same case no? Please advise me what u did

and it says individual for me and family for both right??? pleasee give me your feedback
and since they say by email..what do they mean we will return the package ?? what packge??

your feedback please!!

Hello,

I was confused about that when I first got married, So when I was in Lebanon last year, I sent an email to the embassy about the marriage registry as it will change the civil status and the family book... this was their reply, needless to say though they took 2 weeks to reply and I already started the registration process...

Dear Sir,

Please be advised that you need to submit your marriage certificate from Cyprus.
It is not obligatory to register your marriage in Lebanon. An immigration officer will review your file, after his review if it is still required, you will be contacted.

Thank you,

CAF
Immigration Section
Beirut

Autoroute Jal El Dib (43), Immeuble Coolrite |43 Jal el Dib Highway, Coolrite building
P.O. Box 60163 | B.P.60163
Beirut, Lebanon | Beyrouth, Liban
Tel: (961-4) 726 700
Fax: (961-4) 726 704
Email: berut.im-permanentresidence @ international.gc.ca

Sent: April 23, 2013 11:22 AM
To: BERUT (IMMIGRATION)
Subject: *** - Permanent Residence in Canada

PROTECTED B

Title: ***
Name of Applicant: ***
DOB of Applicant: ***
Nationality: Lebanon
File Number or Client ID Number:
Telephone number: +961 ***
Type of Application: Permanent Residence in Canada

Name of Requester: ***
Relationship to Applicant: Sponsor
Email Address: ***
Consultant CSIC No.:

Request: URGENT! Hello, I am Canadian permanent resident, I am currently in Lebanon for a short visit and to prepare my wife's papers to apply for spouse sponsorship. However, I got stuck at one step that I could not find any information about online. We got married in Cyprus during my short visit to Lebanon. Note that we are both Lebanese citizens. My inquiry is the following: As part from the documents needed to complete the application, a civil status document is needed for my wife, now our marriage is not yet registered in Lebanon, therefore the lebanese civil document of my wife says that she is single, so does mine. Do we need to register the marriage in Lebanon in order to apply for spousal sponsorship? or is it irrelevant as the marriage certificate from Cyprus is enough even if it says "single" on the Lebanese civil status document? This message is urgent because the marriage registration process in Lebanon takes no less than 2 months, and I will be returning to Canada in a matter of 2 weeks, so if there is no need for a registered marriage in Lebanon I will have to take an appointment for an up-front medical exam and prepare all the papers and documents needed before going back to Canada. Thank you for your understanding.

Don't worry about it, this is very normal, just get your civil extract, scan them attach them to the email, reply to the address they sen from and CC the address they provided. Write a short explanation of why it says single and why you don't have a family book for you together...

chris_z77

Star Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa (beirut)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2013
AOR Received.
17-08-2013
File Transfer...
20-08-2013
Med's Done....
08-06-2013
Wilderness said:
Hi guys,

I also just got an email. They're requesting an updated lebanese police certificate. They want it within 7 days.

One problem though: I'm currently in Canada and won't be back in Lebanon until September. Do you know if it's at all possible for me to obtain the police certificate while I'm here?

Someone you know must be able to do it for you

lebcan

Star Member
Mar 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA (Beirut)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2013
AOR Received.
09-04-2013
File Transfer...
25-09-2013 (To Beirut)
Med's Done....
02-2013
Passport Req..
05-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2014
LANDED..........
Hopefully Soon
chris_z77 said:
Hello,

I was confused about that when I first got married, So when I was in Lebanon last year, I sent an email to the embassy about the marriage registry as it will change the civil status and the family book... this was their reply, needless to say though they took 2 weeks to reply and I already started the registration process...

Dear Sir,

Please be advised that you need to submit your marriage certificate from Cyprus.
It is not obligatory to register your marriage in Lebanon. An immigration officer will review your file, after his review if it is still required, you will be contacted.

Thank you,

CAF
Immigration Section
Beirut

Autoroute Jal El Dib (43), Immeuble Coolrite |43 Jal el Dib Highway, Coolrite building
P.O. Box 60163 | B.P.60163
Beirut, Lebanon | Beyrouth, Liban
Tel: (961-4) 726 700
Fax: (961-4) 726 704
Email: berut.im-permanentresidence @ international.gc.ca

Sent: April 23, 2013 11:22 AM
To: BERUT (IMMIGRATION)
Subject: *** - Permanent Residence in Canada

PROTECTED B

Title: ***
Name of Applicant: ***
DOB of Applicant: ***
Nationality: Lebanon
File Number or Client ID Number:
Telephone number: +961 ***
Type of Application: Permanent Residence in Canada

Name of Requester: ***
Relationship to Applicant: Sponsor
Email Address: ***
Consultant CSIC No.:

Request: URGENT! Hello, I am Canadian permanent resident, I am currently in Lebanon for a short visit and to prepare my wife's papers to apply for spouse sponsorship. However, I got stuck at one step that I could not find any information about online. We got married in Cyprus during my short visit to Lebanon. Note that we are both Lebanese citizens. My inquiry is the following: As part from the documents needed to complete the application, a civil status document is needed for my wife, now our marriage is not yet registered in Lebanon, therefore the lebanese civil document of my wife says that she is single, so does mine. Do we need to register the marriage in Lebanon in order to apply for spousal sponsorship? or is it irrelevant as the marriage certificate from Cyprus is enough even if it says "single" on the Lebanese civil status document? This message is urgent because the marriage registration process in Lebanon takes no less than 2 months, and I will be returning to Canada in a matter of 2 weeks, so if there is no need for a registered marriage in Lebanon I will have to take an appointment for an up-front medical exam and prepare all the papers and documents needed before going back to Canada. Thank you for your understanding.

Don't worry about it, this is very normal, just get your civil extract, scan them attach them to the email, reply to the address they sen from and CC the address they provided. Write a short explanation of why it says single and why you don't have a family book for you together...

so chris u dont think I should get our individual family books? And also explain
I was thinking of getting my family book and his family book and also explain why we don't have one..
so u ended up registering it?

do u think I attach a letter or I just write it as email

sorry but im confused
thanks for your help

chris_z77

Star Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa (beirut)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2013
AOR Received.
17-08-2013
File Transfer...
20-08-2013
Med's Done....
08-06-2013
lebcan said:
so chris u dont think I should get our individual family books? And also explain
I was thinking of getting my family book and his family book and also explain why we don't have one..
so u ended up registering it?

do u think I attach a letter or I just write it as email

sorry but im confused
thanks for your help
Police certificate of the principle applicant, and a civil extract for the principle applicant.
Family book for each. Usually on the family book you have the names of all family members, if your wedding is not registered in lebanon then you are not considered as a family you and your husband, and therefore your names are still on the family books of your original families... when your marriage is registered you will have a family book with your name and your husband's name on it, and your names will be barred from the old ones (where you have your name with your mom, dad, sister, brother etc...)

You definitely should get your family books, you are going to have 2, one for you and one for him... if your marriage was registered in Lebanon then you will get one family book and both of ur names on it... this is the process of registering, it creating a new family...

Again. Get your family book and his family book. You don't have a family book together because your wedding is not registered.

Yes I ended up registering my wedding and I think you should write it in the email and just attach the scanned documents..

Hope it's clear :)

lebcan

Star Member
Mar 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA (Beirut)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2013
AOR Received.
09-04-2013
File Transfer...
25-09-2013 (To Beirut)
Med's Done....
02-2013
Passport Req..
05-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2014
LANDED..........
Hopefully Soon
chris_z77 said:
Police certificate of the principle applicant, and a civil extract for the principle applicant.
Family book for each. Usually on the family book you have the names of all family members, if your wedding is not registered in lebanon then you are not considered as a family you and your husband, and therefore your names are still on the family books of your original families... when your marriage is registered you will have a family book with your name and your husband's name on it, and your names will be barred from the old ones (where you have your name with your mom, dad, sister, brother etc...)

You definitely should get your family books, you are going to have 2, one for you and one for him... if your marriage was registered in Lebanon then you will get one family book and both of ur names on it... this is the process of registering, it creating a new family...

Again. Get your family book and his family book. You don't have a family book together because your wedding is not registered.

Yes I ended up registering my wedding and I think you should write it in the email and just attach the scanned documents..

Hope it's clear :)

Thank you chris! i appreciate it!
My husband is calling cic in canada now as well..since when we applied he also called them and they said that there is no need for us to register it, the canadian marriage certificate is enough..so we just decided to skip that step since it is a hassle and he never visits for more than 2 weeks
Nchala kheir

Wilderness

Star Member
Feb 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa (forwarded to Beirut)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-03-02013
AOR Received.
11-04-2013
File Transfer...
11-04-2013
I called the Lebanese embassy and the Consulate in Toronto, and they told me what I need to do to get the police certificate. It's easy, just a big hassle for my dad.

Do you know how long it takes to get the passport request after I submit these documents?

chris_z77

Star Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa (beirut)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2013
AOR Received.
17-08-2013
File Transfer...
20-08-2013
Med's Done....
08-06-2013
Wilderness said:
I called the Lebanese embassy and the Consulate in Toronto, and they told me what I need to do to get the police certificate. It's easy, just a big hassle for my dad.

Do you know how long it takes to get the passport request after I submit these documents?
It took around 2 weeks after asking for the CSQ... I don't know if it's going to be the same for you guys