31-07-2013
AOR Received.
17-08-2013
File Transfer...
20-08-2013
Med's Done....
08-06-2013
Soon_Canadian said:
Peeps thanks for all the love and support!! Goodluck to us all...

Quick question: do you think its better if my wife comes with me to the interview? I am in London on a business visa and she flew here from Canada to see me. I will be going to Lebanon to attend the interview and then fly back to London. She decided that she wants to come with me to Lebanon, but we are still debating if she should come to the interview with me, anyone has an opinion towards that?!
Most probably they will not allow it

sue89

Star Member
Aug 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa/Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2013
Nomination.....
CSQ 18-6-2013
AOR Received.
14-05-2013
File Transfer...
25/09/2013
Med's Done....
25/03/2013
omg guys what do u think this email means

In order to assess your relation with your sponsor (R4(b)) , a visa officer requires that you attend an interview.
R4 .(1) FOR THE purposes of these regulations, a foreign national shall not be considered a spouse ,a common law partner or a conjugal partner of a person of the marriage , common law partnership or conjugal partnership

(A) was entered into primarily for the purpose of acquiring any status or privilege under the Act; or
(B) is not genuine

The interview will be held on ....... bla bla

sue89

Star Member
Aug 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa/Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2013
Nomination.....
CSQ 18-6-2013
AOR Received.
14-05-2013
File Transfer...
25/09/2013
Med's Done....
25/03/2013
plzzz need an answer :(

lebcan

Star Member
Mar 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA (Beirut)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2013
AOR Received.
09-04-2013
File Transfer...
25-09-2013 (To Beirut)
Med's Done....
02-2013
Passport Req..
05-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2014
LANDED..........
Hopefully Soon
Hi Sue,

You got this email?? I don't want to assume things maybe others know better but it seems they want an interview with you because they don't think your relationship is genuine!?!?

Why would they think so? How long have you know your husband for? Before marriage? Have you visited him? Any children? Same religion?

I hope what I'm saying is wrong but that is how it looks..maybe someone else has a different explanation!!

Ur interview is soon? Do u have time to.order ur notes?

sue89

Star Member
Aug 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa/Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2013
Nomination.....
CSQ 18-6-2013
AOR Received.
14-05-2013
File Transfer...
25/09/2013
Med's Done....
25/03/2013
lebcan said:
Hi Sue,

You got this email?? I don't want to assume things maybe others know better but it seems they want an interview with you because they don't think your relationship is genuine!?!?

Why would they think so? How long have you know your husband for? Before marriage? Have you visited him? Any children? Same religion?

I hope what I'm saying is wrong but that is how it looks..maybe someone else has a different explanation!!

Ur interview is soon? Do u have time to.order ur notes?
[/quote

hi lebcan
nah its not for me it is for a friend of mine but she is not in the forum . she submitted her application on july 2013 and they sent her the email today . i thought the same thing too i just wanted to make sure. i dont think it is for the visa .
she is married to him and he is her cousin. same.religion and they are married but they didnt celebrate a wedding becoz they want to get married in canada when they get the visa.

Canadian_Leb

Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-03-2013
Med's Done....
24-01-2013
Passport Req..
02-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2014
LANDED..........
Inshallah 2014-09-12
Hi sue,

you are so funny wallah you scared me... so it is not you thats getting interviewed. They are not convinced that the marriage is genuine maybe the fact that they are cousins.

Why woul dthey want to do a wedding in Canada? It costs more money here lol

She needs to have proofs that her marriage is real and her relationship is genuine. Unfortunately I have heard of cases where cousins got married and came here and then got separated maybe thats why!

sue89

Star Member
Aug 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa/Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2013
Nomination.....
CSQ 18-6-2013
AOR Received.
14-05-2013
File Transfer...
25/09/2013
Med's Done....
25/03/2013
Canadian_Leb said:
Hi sue,

you are so funny wallah you scared me... so it is not you thats getting interviewed. They are not convinced that the marriage is genuine maybe the fact that they are cousins.

Why woul dthey want to do a wedding in Canada? It costs more money here lol

She needs to have proofs that her marriage is real and her relationship is genuine. Unfortunately I have heard of cases where cousins got married and came here and then got separated maybe thats why!
lol yeah it scared me too thanks god its not me .
they want to do the wedding in canada becoz all the family live there and paying for the tickets to come and attend the wedding here in lebanon will cost more i think hehe anyway her husband is coming on the 1st of june and he will be with her . i told her that she must convince the interviewer as much as possible that their relation is genuine and for their good luck they have some papers that they will be convincing
1st her husband ticket reservation since he didnt book his ticket ystrday .
2nd they have a hotel reservation in beirut for 2 weeks in june and this will help them too coz all this happened before receiving the interview email.

Canadian_Leb

Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-03-2013
Med's Done....
24-01-2013
Passport Req..
02-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2014
LANDED..........
Inshallah 2014-09-12
Thats a good enough reason why they need to do the wedding here that the family here.

I wonder why they are suspicious about the relationship though... Was her husband married before or tried to bring someone to Canada before?

She is got lots of relatives in Canada too which also explain why they want an interview.

Canadian_Leb

Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-03-2013
Med's Done....
24-01-2013
Passport Req..
02-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2014
LANDED..........
Inshallah 2014-09-12
Hi all,

An update from my side... I just received the notes today and they are actually been extracted today... I am kind of happy about that :)

They show that the medicals have been extended until 2015/01/28 and that the Lebanese Police clearance was requested to complete Criminality Assessment.

I dont know what I did when I requested them this time I think I only asked for the principal applicant so they are only 23 pages instead of 43.

Security info is blanked as usual offcourse but I see something good and Inshallah Allah will prove me right... I really hope my analysis is correct.

I personally think that background and security checks are done but I dont know why MP says that they are still doing them.
Shou bi3arifni I dont have good feelings about that lady that works there anywhere but...

I am really excited and happy about this note: " Once P/C submitted //File RFV": Eligibility: Passed blank blank blank (for security) MEDS valid until 28/01/2015 ........
I looked up RFV and it stands for Ready for Visa
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wallah I dont know why I get so excited about these things Inshallah I am right and Allah ma ykhayib Amal 7ada ya rab

Good luck to all :)))))))

sue89

Star Member
Aug 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa/Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2013
Nomination.....
CSQ 18-6-2013
AOR Received.
14-05-2013
File Transfer...
25/09/2013
Med's Done....
25/03/2013
Canadian_Leb said:
Hi all,

An update from my side... I just received the notes today and they are actually been extracted today... I am kind of happy about that :)

They show that the medicals have been extended until 2015/01/28 and that the Lebanese Police clearance was requested to complete Criminality Assessment.

I dont know what I did when I requested them this time I think I only asked for the principal applicant so they are only 23 pages instead of 43.

Security info is blanked as usual offcourse but I see something good and Inshallah Allah will prove me right... I really hope my analysis is correct.

I personally think that background and security checks are done but I dont know why MP says that they are still doing them.
Shou bi3arifni I dont have good feelings about that lady that works there anywhere but...

I am really excited and happy about this note: " Once P/C submitted //File RFV": Eligibility: Passed blank blank blank (for security) MEDS valid until 28/01/2015 ........

Wallah I dont know why I get so excited about these things Inshallah I am right and Allah ma ykhayib Amal 7ada ya rab

Amin Amin
:) :)

lebcan

Star Member
Mar 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA (Beirut)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2013
AOR Received.
09-04-2013
File Transfer...
25-09-2013 (To Beirut)
Med's Done....
02-2013
Passport Req..
05-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2014
LANDED..........
Hopefully Soon
Canadian_Leb said:
Hi all,

VERYYY HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!!! yalla henitttt

Canadian_Leb

Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-03-2013
Med's Done....
24-01-2013
Passport Req..
02-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2014
LANDED..........
Inshallah 2014-09-12
Thanks Lebcan Allah yssami3na el Akhbar el 7ilwi inshallah

;D inshallah bitfraj 3laikon w 3laina ya rab

ALESCO

Star Member
Oct 7, 2012
Hello guys
finaly and after almost 36 months we got the golden e-mail.
i broke a new record i guess.
good luck for you all just be patient and it will be over one day, and dont forget that 1 day = 1 month for the immigration

lebcan

Star Member
Mar 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA (Beirut)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2013
AOR Received.
09-04-2013
File Transfer...
25-09-2013 (To Beirut)
Med's Done....
02-2013
Passport Req..
05-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2014
LANDED..........
Hopefully Soon
ALESCO said:
Hello guys
good luck for you all just be patient and it will be over one day, and dont forget that 1 day = 1 month for the immigration
Mabrouk Alesco!!
You definitely broke a record with your level of patience as well!!
Good Luck!

TSI

Mar 10, 2014
ALESCO said:
Hello guys
Congrats Alesco! I honestly don't know how you were able to go through this for so long! I am starting to consider transferring to the Middle East!

Canadian_Leb, this is great news, I really hope you get that request very very soon if not already received!

General comment,

My wife just received an email requesting updated Police Certificates from the two countries she's lived at for more than 6 months as well as new Medical exams. Judging from much of the responses here, this process seems to be incredibly random, since for most folks, the embassy simply extended the results passed their due date.

I keep giving them the benefit of the doubt and believing that there is a process they are following, but I am seeing more and more evidence that this process seems random ...

I also found something a little odd/confusing: They requested that the results be returned to them through replying to the email they sent, but then at the bottom of the email they have "N.B: We do not accept submission of documents by email. (except for the filled out forms)". Unfortunately my wife is currently outside of Lebanon (along with her family), so we have to figure out a way for her to get everything redone asap.

I know alot of this was covered in previous messages of this thread, but does anyone know the approximate time it would take before they ask for interview after they received the updated medical and police certificates?

I really thought/hoped they would just ask for an interview, but somehow, our luck hasn't been the best one and now we must go through the resubmission. I guess from a positive perspective, this shows progress, but I was hoping it would be faster ...

Thanks all for your continued support and good luck!