CSQ 18-6-2013
AOR Received.
14-05-2013
File Transfer...
25/09/2013
Med's Done....
25/03/2013
chris_z77 said:
I hope you sent them registered mail with tracking number. This way you will get a confirmation from your mail service that it was delivered.
Usually you can ask for Signature request upon delivery. This way, they have to sign when they receive it, and by signing you will get notified directly.

The embassy itself will not confirm that they received the documents. So you have to rely on the mail service for that.

Hi chris
No i didnt send them with a tracking number i dont even know how to do that. and i think i cant change my email delivery setting to show signature coz the e mail was sent i should have done this before .( unfortunately) .
thus i guess i must wait . inshala they will receive it coz they always got the emails i sent .
Thank u very much :)

chris_z77

Star Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa (beirut)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2013
AOR Received.
17-08-2013
File Transfer...
20-08-2013
Med's Done....
08-06-2013
sue89 said:
Hi chris
No i didnt send them with a tracking number i dont even know how to do that. and i think i cant change my email delivery setting to show signature coz the e mail was sent i should have done this before .( unfortunately) .
thus i guess i must wait . inshala they will receive it coz they always got the emails i sent .
Thank u very much :)
Oh you mentioned earlier that you sent by mail. I thought you used regular mail (barid) and not e-mail. E-mail I guess you can only rely on the automatic response

Canadian_Leb

Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-03-2013
Med's Done....
24-01-2013
Passport Req..
02-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2014
LANDED..........
Inshallah 2014-09-12
chris_z77 said:
Oh you mentioned earlier that you sent by mail. I thought you used regular mail (barid) and not e-mail. E-mail I guess you can only rely on the automatic response
Hi Chris,

When you say that do you mean when you email them and not get the automatic response that means they never got your email?

I tried emailing them couple of weeks ago on the weekend and I never got an automatic response does that mean they never got my email? Just wondering I was thinking about emailing them yesterday but I dont want them to get mad at me and delay our app.

chris_z77

Star Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa (beirut)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2013
AOR Received.
17-08-2013
File Transfer...
20-08-2013
Med's Done....
08-06-2013
Canadian_Leb said:
Hi Chris,

When you say that do you mean when you email them and not get the automatic response that means they never got your email?

I tried emailing them couple of weeks ago on the weekend and I never got an automatic response does that mean they never got my email? Just wondering I was thinking about emailing them yesterday but I dont want them to get mad at me and delay our app.
Hello, if you get the automatic response, the definitely got your e-mail. If you did not get the automated response, well nobody knows what the hell is happening :p
So I suggest you do send them a second e-mail and explain to them that you are not receiving an automated response, I also suggest that you send them the same e-mail daily until you get a confirmation or an automated response (Also mention that you will be doing so in your e-mail).
You can try another strategy, use fax and e-mail at the same time but state that you will be sending the same e-mail weekly because you are not receiving confirmation, not even an automated e-mail.

Please make sure you are using the correct e-mail address.

This is mentioned on the Canadian embassy website

In order to best use our resources, we will not send confirmation that we have received your documents and updated your file. If you would like confirmation of receipt, you can send your documents by registered mail. Once we receive your documents, we will update your file. You will not be contacted until it is necessary.

Canadian_Leb

Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-03-2013
Med's Done....
24-01-2013
Passport Req..
02-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2014
LANDED..........
Inshallah 2014-09-12
chris_z77 said:
Hello, if you get the automatic response, the definitely got your e-mail. If you did not get the automated response, well nobody knows what the hell is happening :p
So I suggest you do send them a second e-mail and explain to them that you are not receiving an automated response, I also suggest that you send them the same e-mail daily until you get a confirmation or an automated response (Also mention that you will be doing so in your e-mail).
You can try another strategy, use fax and e-mail at the same time but state that you will be sending the same e-mail weekly because you are not receiving confirmation, not even an automated e-mail.

Please make sure you are using the correct e-mail address.

This is mentioned on the Canadian embassy website

In order to best use our resources, we will not send confirmation that we have received your documents and updated your file. If you would like confirmation of receipt, you can send your documents by registered mail. Once we receive your documents, we will update your file. You will not be contacted until it is necessary.
Hi Chris,

Thank for your help. I am not sending any documents I am just sending them an email to inquire about the status on my husband's application since the medcical is expiring in 2 days and I have not got any emails from them since September 2013. I actually sent the first email form my husband's address and never got anything but I thought this time I will just email them from my email and see if I get anything.

What do you think?

chris_z77

Star Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa (beirut)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2013
AOR Received.
17-08-2013
File Transfer...
20-08-2013
Med's Done....
08-06-2013
Canadian_Leb said:
Hi Chris,

Thank for your help. I am not sending any documents I am just sending them an email to inquire about the status on my husband's application since the medcical is expiring in 2 days and I have not got any emails from them since September 2013. I actually sent the first email form my husband's address and never got anything but I thought this time I will just email them from my email and see if I get anything.

What do you think?
Long shot. 1% chance you will see a reply... if you did it will be that no actions are required and they will ask you to be patient... I suggest don't even bother.
Most of the time they are taking actions regarding expired medicals by simply extending the validity date by one year.
Stop over thinking.... Unfortunately there is nothing you can do at this moment, fortunately you already did anything you can. So don't waste your energy over it :)
The best you can do right now, is to stop thinking about it too much, for your own sake

Canadian_Leb

Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-03-2013
Med's Done....
24-01-2013
Passport Req..
02-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2014
LANDED..........
Inshallah 2014-09-12
chris_z77 said:
Long shot. 1% chance you will see a reply... if you did it will be that no actions are required and they will ask you to be patient... I suggest don't even bother.
Most of the time they are taking actions regarding expired medicals by simply extending the validity date by one year.
Stop over thinking.... Unfortunately there is nothing you can do at this moment, fortunately you already did anything you can. So don't waste your energy over it :)
The best you can do right now, is to stop thinking about it too much, for your own sake
You are so right thats what everyone told me to do. I was even thinking to stop checking everything for 2 weeks so I get used to my old life.

My husband even told me not to check anything not even this website and watch what happens and to only every other week.

BUT I CANT I am so obssesed :( I am going try that though khalas ... You guys dont miss me too much :D

chris_z77

Star Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa (beirut)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2013
AOR Received.
17-08-2013
File Transfer...
20-08-2013
Med's Done....
08-06-2013
Canadian_Leb said:
You are so right thats what everyone told me to do. I was even thinking to stop checking everything for 2 weeks so I get used to my old life.

My husband even told me not to check anything not even this website and watch what happens and to only every other week.

BUT I CANT I am so obssesed :( I am going try that though khalas ... You guys dont miss me too much :D
Not this much :p I mean you can always enable the notifications on this thread (if you haven't done so already) this way you will get a notification every time posts something, you have to check it though because if you don't you wont receive future notification. This way you will see what's happening with others and whatnot, but everything beyond that will be hard on you.

When I told my wife about this forum, she said "Stop talking, i don't wanna know anything about this forum, if i ever logged in I will become obsessed" lol

Canadian_Leb

Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-03-2013
Med's Done....
24-01-2013
Passport Req..
02-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2014
LANDED..........
Inshallah 2014-09-12
chris_z77 said:
Not this much :p I mean you can always enable the notifications on this thread (if you haven't done so already) this way you will get a notification every time posts something, you have to check it though because if you don't you wont receive future notification. This way you will see what's happening with others and whatnot, but everything beyond that will be hard on you.

When I told my wife about this forum, she said "Stop talking, i don't wanna know anything about this forum, if i ever logged in I will become obsessed" lol
LOL she is so right I have the notification enabled but Im just obssesed I know but thats it for me will only check my emails from now on.... Lets see how long I am gonna last

Good luck to everyone will miss you

sue89

Star Member
Aug 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa/Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2013
Nomination.....
CSQ 18-6-2013
AOR Received.
14-05-2013
File Transfer...
25/09/2013
Med's Done....
25/03/2013
the problem is that in their e mail they mentioned that i must send the documents by e mail too and they provided their email. that means i cant send them by any other ways .
thus all i can do is waiting . i may get somthing from them coz a friend of mine got his ecas updated from in process to decision made few days after sending his documents .
and an other one got his passport request the next month without any previous confirmation from them.

Soon_Canadian

Star Member
Sep 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut(CPP-O)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02-2013
AOR Received.
22-02-2013
File Transfer...
19-9-2013(To Beirut)
Peeps, what is the email address that the embassy uses to send you passport request or additional documents request, or even an interview?

So we use berut.immigration@international.gc.ca to email them, do they use same one for special requests like mentioned above?

sue89

Star Member
Aug 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa/Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2013
Nomination.....
CSQ 18-6-2013
AOR Received.
14-05-2013
File Transfer...
25/09/2013
Med's Done....
25/03/2013
Soon_Canadian said:
Peeps, what is the email address that the embassy uses to send you passport request or additional documents request, or even an interview?

So we use berut.immigration @ international.gc.ca to email them, do they use same one for special requests like mentioned above?

They used this berut.im-permanentresidence@international.gc.ca when they asked for additional documents and i sent the documents via the same email address.

sue89

Star Member
Aug 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa/Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2013
Nomination.....
CSQ 18-6-2013
AOR Received.
14-05-2013
File Transfer...
25/09/2013
Med's Done....
25/03/2013
ALESCO said:
hello friends
my e-case turned to decision made two weeks ago
hopfully soon

hi congrats :) inshalla soon
when did ur ecas change to in process?? and what is the period of time taken from in process to decision made ??
thank uu :)

chris_z77

Star Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa (beirut)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2013
AOR Received.
17-08-2013
File Transfer...
20-08-2013
Med's Done....
08-06-2013
sue89 said:
hi congrats :) inshalla soon
when did ur ecas change to in process?? and what is the period of time taken from in process to decision made ??
thank uu :)
Alesco is one of the very unlucky ones... It has been 35 months since they received his file, he experienced the agony of having his file transferred to 3 different offices. Below is his timeline copied from the first post from him on this forum!

file received in damascus Jun.5.2011
file received in amman Jan.26.2012
file received in beirut Aug.15.2012

File in process: October 10 2013

Interview request Jan 18 2013. Interview done February 4 2014

June 28 2013: Request for DNA tests

This guy went through a lot! I was always reading his posts... I am really glad that his agony is almost over! I am really happy for you Alesco! I am even surprised that he still have the energy to post here from time to time :)

For the rest of you, let Alesco be an example to all of you! 35 months, and he didn't kill himslef and he is still sane and outside of a mental institute :)

On another note, I know many cases like Alesco's, and those cases are why the published processing times are 22 months. I have a feeling that people who applied in 2013 should experience processing times between 12-16 months.