+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BEING PREGNANT WOULD AFFECT THE SPEED OF PROCESSING?

mingus

Star Member
Aug 30, 2008
locolynn said:
Ugh we are in the same boat. I was lucky I was able to join my husband for my maternity leave from work. It's running out soon and still no visa. I have no idea what we are going to do.

Are you able to go to him?

Lynn
that is our plan. we are going to give it about 2 months and if he isn't here by then, I am going to go to Jordan to be with him.

locolynn

May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
06-12-07/09-24-08/09-27-11
mingus said:
that is our plan. we are going to give it about 2 months and if he isn't here by then, I am going to go to Jordan to be with him.
start getting eveything you need to travel now, it took me 2 months to get my son's papers ready....birth cert. insurance, passport, more importantly the passport photos....have fun with those! Lol!

Lynn

chelley

Apr 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
lol... the passport pictures were fun... my son looked like a little old man... i think the people who take them are more picky about how they look than the passport people.. or at least most... i have a friend who works for passport canada and she says that ask long as they are the right size and the child has both eyes open and aren't mid-scream, they are usually okay... my son was almost winking and his head turned slightly.. the passport pic people assured me they wouldn't take it, but i mms'd it to my friend and she said it'd be fine... it was...

if you are in ontario and register the birth online you should get your bc back in 2-3 weeks (i didn't and needed to get my mp involved which helped... technically they can take up to 8w... most dont tho)... passport took less than 2w... you will need hubby to go into the canadian embassy and fill out an authorization form... embassy will fax to the ppt office... ave them tell you which form, i forget the name... if all goes well and you are able to, you can have everything sorted and have the baby ready in just over a month (but it's hard to do all that when you're recovering from childbirth with little or no support, I remember!!)

the experience to live abroad for my family (i have 2 other children from my previous marriage) was priceless and while it was heartbreaking at times to go thru my pregnancy without my other half, it was, in many ways, worth it... it wasn't at all easy, but def a chance for the kids to learn about the culture and see how other people live... glad i could do it... the immigration redtape was a bit of a blessing in disguise for us i guess...

enjoy

lapula

Star Member
Apr 28, 2010
Thank you all for sharing ur opinions:)
I am ,in fact ,pregnant.
Did not plan it ,what happenned just happenned.
I was not born Canadian and i don;t have any family members living in Canada,only friends.
I will present all possible evidence to immigration office and may God help me in rest....

Thanks again.

tgchi13

Nov 25, 2009
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NY via Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 08
File Transfer...
05 August 08
Med's Request
April 08
Med's Done....
June 08
Interview........
12 Nov 09
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
refused Nov 09
lapula said:
Thank you all for sharing ur opinions:)
I am ,in fact ,pregnant.
Did not plan it ,what happenned just happenned.
I was not born Canadian and i don;t have any family members living in Canada,only friends.
I will present all possible evidence to immigration office and may God help me in rest....

Thanks again.
Good luck to you - I hope everything works out.