+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Beijing office requesting passport before a decision has been made...?

babynsx

Feb 6, 2010
thaihubbie said:
I don't think this request is a mistake because other people are saying that this is standard procedure in Tokyo, New Delhi and Manila. I am just wondering how someone can be without a passport for up to six months? and Why they need the passport if a decision has not been made yet?
Be very very very very thankful that your partner is having their application processed in what has become the fastest processing center for PR applicaionts. They are asking for your partner's passport to accommodate the blinding speed that they appear to be able to process most applications. I wouldn't rock the boat and simply do what they ask for unless that creates a very genuine problem for your partner.

My wife has just recently passed her interview in Hong Kong and despite the fact that her application is in principal already approved I'm sure your partner will receive their PR visa before my wife does... sigh.

thaihubbie

Sep 6, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-12-2010
File Transfer...
29-01-11
Med's Done....
12-11-2010
Passport Req..
29-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2011
Dear babynsx, thank you for your hopefulness. I wish everyone on this forum the best with their applications. Maybe I should start a new thread asking those who are dealing with Beijing, Tokyo, Manila and New Delhi processing offices how long after the passport was requested did they receive PR and have it returned in general. If would find it incredible that they hold onto the passport for months.....

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
clubcanada said:
this might be right when sending stuff over from China to Europe. But what documents would you send from abroad to the Beijing Embassy? Within China I guess it's still EMS if I'm not mistaken...
No, DHL operates within China too. EMS can be quite quick at times, and usually costs about half of DHL's charge, but I trust DHL more after my recent experience with EMS.