+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

before move to canada

bishu25

Star Member
Feb 18, 2010
hi friends need sugestion about these.
1.can i go calgary instead of toronto( i have written toronto in the form).
2.what documents should i carry to show immigration officer at the port of entry.
3.what stuffs should i carry with me?
4. what kind of clothes?
what willimmi officer do on the port?
guys need ur's feedback.

velbypaul

Feb 5, 2010
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2009
AOR Received.
17-08-2009
File Transfer...
09-09-2009
Med's Request
26-11-2009
Med's Done....
22-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
March 30, 2010 but Decision Made on April 5, 2010
LANDED..........
May 2010
Quorax had put a detailed list of items to take when moving to Canada. I dont remember exactly which post it is. It was created by the great man himself. Really, he is one great gem on this forum. Hats off to you my bro. Search for his post and go through it. It is 100% useful.

bishu25

Star Member
Feb 18, 2010
hi dear velly
how r u my friend as well bro.
could u give me ur id pls . i wana like to be good in relation with u .so....

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bishu25 said:
2.what documents should i carry to show immigration officer at the port of entry.
4. what kind of clothes?
guys need ur's feedback.
1. Yes you can.
2. CPR and Proof of funds. If you moving to Canada and will look for a job as well then carry your certificates and testimonials.
3. Some one who has already done the landing will tell you. They already have blogged it. Search it on the forum.
4. May will be a little less cold. Try and search about the weather on the internet of the city where you planning to land. And accordingly prepare.

Nothing just your personal details and then might ask for proof of funds. Best of luck and do share your landing experience.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi bishu25,

You still wait for some answers:

what stuffs should i carry with me?

You have two options. 1. You carry total stuff weighing maximum to 46 kg ( 23kgx2 bags) + 7 to 10 kg (in hand carry depending on the airline) per passenger. ( Form B4/B4A)

2. You take necessary things in luggage and if there is considerable extra send by air/sea cargo, which will not require customs duty as per new settlement regulations. You should prepare B4/B4A forms for this too.

First of all you decide what are to be taken.

Practically everything is available here in stores but costlier than from Asian countries. But being new here , it will be difficult to go to the store to buy each and every items. So, you should bring at least some necessary clothings for your use. If landing from May till September you don't need winter dress. Still better to keep one or two pais of jersey pulloevers/jactket /blazer. You can bring few cotton bed sheets, towels too. Also according to baggage space/weight availabe, you can choose some kitchen utensils, cookware, pressure cooker, dinner plates etc based on your priority requirement. About any food stuff, you can bring any processed and packed food but not raw and fresh, which is not allowed.

However, the list can be longer and longer, but you have to limit it to the allowed baggage allowance.
If you plan to send as "goods to follow" by cargo shipment, you have to calculate the cost of items+packing+handling+transporting+insurance from your country and after arrival in Canada, the clearing charges (not customs duty), transporting and handling charges.

Then to the next question

what will immi officer do on the port?

The officer will get your COPR and passport. He will ask brief questions about you and your family and some introductory questions in brief about you.
You have to declare the funds taken with you.
You have to give the contact address in Canada and the telephone number.
After that he will sign and give you a copy of COPR for your landing record.
Then you can go to collect your baggage and step out to the Canadian land.

Don't hesitate to ask if you need any more information regarding this topic.

Siawo

Star Member
Feb 24, 2010
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 22, 2009
Doc's Request.
May 12, 2009
AOR Received.
May 20, 2009
Med's Request
Feb 1, 2010
Med's Done....
Mar 13, 2010
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 07, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 18. 2010
bishu25 said:
4. what kind of clothes?
guys need ur's feedback.
Here is a useful blog that will answer all your questions:

http://www.immigrationexpertise.com/2008/06/preparing-your-landing-iii-what-to-take.html

bishu25

Star Member
Feb 18, 2010
wilson said:
Hi bishu25,

You still wait for some answers:

what stuffs should i carry with me?

You have two options. 1. You carry total stuff weighing maximum to 46 kg ( 23kgx2 bags) + 7 to 10 kg (in hand carry depending on the airline) per passenger. ( Form B4/B4A)

2. You take necessary things in luggage and if there is considerable extra send by air/sea cargo, which will not require customs duty as per new settlement regulations. You should prepare B4/B4A forms for this too.

First of all you decide what are to be taken.

Practically everything is available here in stores but costlier than from Asian countries. But being new here , it will be difficult to go to the store to buy each and every items. So, you should bring at least some necessary clothings for your use. If landing from May till September you don't need winter dress. Still better to keep one or two pais of jersey pulloevers/jactket /blazer. You can bring few cotton bed sheets, towels too. Also according to baggage space/weight availabe, you can choose some kitchen utensils, cookware, pressure cooker, dinner plates etc based on your priority requirement. About any food stuff, you can bring any processed and packed food but not raw and fresh, which is not allowed.

However, the list can be longer and longer, but you have to limit it to the allowed baggage allowance.
If you plan to send as "goods to follow" by cargo shipment, you have to calculate the cost of items+packing+handling+transporting+insurance from your country and after arrival in Canada, the clearing charges (not customs duty), transporting and handling charges.

Then to the next question

what will immi officer do on the port?

The officer will get your COPR and passport. He will ask brief questions about you and your family and some introductory questions in brief about you.
You have to declare the funds taken with you.
You have to give the contact address in Canada and the telephone number.
After that he will sign and give you a copy of COPR for your landing record.
Then you can go to collect your baggage and step out to the Canadian land.

Don't hesitate to ask if you need any more information regarding this topic.
thanks so much. will u mind to give ur e-mail id pls? then i could be able to contact u. i hope u will....
thanks
wilson and

jeby

Jan 19, 2010
Kerala, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
15-12-2009
Med's Done....
11-01-2010
Passport Req..
15-12-2009
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2010
And also you have to declare if you are carrying Cash >10,000 !!