+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BCPNP International Post-Grads Program

minipotato

Apr 19, 2023
Hi guys, I have a question when I fill in the application online and desperately in need of help.

Here the question is: "Have you enrolled in or completed a BC PNP eligible program outside of Canada?" I' not sure what dose "BC PNP eligible" means. So, I have a MSc in Canada, and a bachelor in Japan, should I choose yes or no?

Plus, do I need to do an ECA of my bachelor degree?
Much thanks to any replies!

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
You should answer NO to that question. Your first degree from Japan is not a BC PNP program. To answer the second question, NO you do not need an ECA for the Japan degree because your highest level of education was obtained in Canada.

chitrarth236

Dec 3, 2019
I am currently on my Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) and employed in an NOC A-type job. I am eligible for the British Columbia PNP International Post-Graduate stream. My wife lives with me on a spousal open work permit. If I apply for permanent residency (PR) through the BC PNP International Post-Graduate stream, will my wife also be eligible to obtain PR with me?

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
I am currently on my Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) and employed in an NOC A-type job. I am eligible for the British Columbia PNP International Post-Graduate stream. My wife lives with me on a spousal open work permit. If I apply for permanent residency (PR) through the BC PNP International Post-Graduate stream, will my wife also be eligible to obtain PR with me?
If she meets all the spousal requirement then YES she can be added to the PR application and receive it with you. Go to the BC website and review the requirements for accompanying spouse.

HK417

Sep 12, 2023
May I ask if there is any chance that this bcpcp IPG policy will be changed due to recent news about reducing immigration number?

ChemIsr

Star Member
Aug 25, 2020
Israel
Category........
FSW
Nomination.....
BC PNP Inland
AOR Received.
14-10-2023
Med's Request
No
Med's Done....
No
May I ask if there is any chance that this bcpcp IPG policy will be changed due to recent news about reducing immigration number?
Everything is possible
But I haven't seen this news

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
There is no news about reducing immigration numbers. Some protestors spewing the saying does not make it IRCC news! Unless it comes directly from the immigration minister or IRCC it is not true nor in effect.

HK417

Sep 12, 2023
There is no news about reducing immigration numbers. Some protestors spewing the saying does not make it IRCC news! Unless it comes directly from the immigration minister or IRCC it is not true nor in effect.
But the problem is that the housing minister wants to reduce and the immigration minister wants to increase. Housing minister,which is Sean Fraser, directly said to the reporter that the immigration policy might be changed. That is kind of uncertain.

ChemIsr

Star Member
Aug 25, 2020
Israel
Category........
FSW
Nomination.....
BC PNP Inland
AOR Received.
14-10-2023
Med's Request
No
Med's Done....
No
But the problem is that the housing minister wants to reduce and the immigration minister wants to increase. Housing minister,which is Sean Fraser, directly said to the reporter that the immigration policy might be changed. That is kind of uncertain.
If it is going to happen - so be it

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
Again, if it is not an official announcement you can not act on it 100%. Additionally, changing immigration policy does not mean to reduce the numbers. The issue at hand is not the number of immigrants but the skill set of the immigrants versus what the Canadian economy needs. More skilled immigration is needed to push labour supply into the housing construction industry. More trade skilled immigration does not mean less overall immigration.

While people may not want to admit it, but more labour market linked immigration is needed. This means, more doctors, nurses, early childhood teachers, and industry trade labour. Individuals are leaving universities to work in gas stations and fast food places while Canada as a whole is facing a housing crunch due to lack of labour supply. Clearly there is a disconnect! Unlike a Refugee program, general Immigration is not a feel good policy, it is an economic policy.

Reactions: HK417