+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BCOM Degree from India

visiting_canada

Sep 3, 2009
Hi All,

I have a BCOM honors degree from India, and I wish to study in Canada. I also have 4 year of post study work experience in India.

I wanted to check if a BCom degree is accepted in Canada for higher studies, and whether I am eligible to study in any program in Canada.

Also, if someone could give names of Universities/Masters program, that would be great.

Please advise.

twentyone

Jul 23, 2013
India
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2013
IELTS Request
8 bands
VISA ISSUED...
06-12-2013
No, Indian B.com is not recognised there in any "University" mostly because its only of 3 years instead of local 4 year B.com. So that makes you ineligible for any masters program at universities unless you do M.com and doing M.com equates to a Canadian Undergrad Degree. B.com+M.com = 4 year Canadian B.com. However, You can apply to any college there offering Post Graduate Diploma relevant to B.com. For example, International Business Management, Accounting, Marketing, Sales, Fianance, etc.

visiting_canada

Sep 3, 2009
Thanks for response.

Will they give study permit for PG diploma study..considering I am already a graduate and have years of experience.?

twentyone

Jul 23, 2013
India
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2013
IELTS Request
8 bands
VISA ISSUED...
06-12-2013
Yes visa's are given to college applicants but you should choose your prospective diploma very carefully and make sure it falls in line with your b.com (whether it was accounting major, marketing, finance,etc) and your work ex and show how doing that diploma will help you with your career goals in your Statement of Purpose.