+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BCguy--need your opinion...

reignman

Nov 27, 2008
I'd sent my application documents last Oct. in Abu Dhabi....I just want to know if they(Canadian Embassy) always inform the applicants that they've receive application documents? Now i am really confused if they receive it or not....Please BCguy enlighten my ***brain....

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Do you have an employer or friend or family in Canada???They could request a Parliamentary inquiry from their MP and the embassy HAS to report on your status in a week.If not contact me by PM

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

reignman said:
I'd sent my application documents last Oct. in Abu Dhabi....I just want to know if they(Canadian Embassy) always inform the applicants that they've receive application documents? Now i am really confused if they receive it or not....Please BCguy enlighten my ***brain....
1. They don't send an acknowledgment for Temp. Foreign Worker applications, if you looked at their web site the processing time is 9 months for TFW. You should have sent it recorded delivery, CHC is not your mother.

PMM

solowista_07

Sep 28, 2008
PMM said:
Hi

reignman said:
1. They don't send an acknowledgment for Temp. Foreign Worker applications, if you looked at their web site the processing time is 9 months for TFW. You should have sent it recorded delivery, CHC is not your mother.

PMM
Just want to clarify and add some input:

Reignman: Indicated that he submitted his document last Oct (I believed that this was last 2008)
in Abu Dhabi.

: How did you send your documents? By courier?

• I send my Documents personally (Nov 9, 2008 in Abu Dhabi) and apply for TFW and after I submitted my documents then they told me I need to wait MAX of 6 MONTHS and I pay the amount of the application. Of course they will give you a receipt (in the receipt there is a file number).

PMM: You saw on line that the processing time is 9months,

• I just want to share something: Before when I applied for my TFW visa it indicates in their website “Processing time is 6 months (that was sept, oct and nov when I saw that info).
• Now, my friend applied for TFW in Abu Dhabi last Jan and they said that he need to wait max of 9 months
• One of my friend who's already in Alberta now, she told me that 1st quarter of 2008 when she applied for TFW visa and she was informed to wait max of 3 to 4 months.
• As you can see that Reignman applied last Oct (2008 I hope). He should wait for maxof6 months then not 9 months.

It's Just an additional info:

Oh, btw am still waiting for my visa. It's almost 4 months now by March 9. I really hope it will be max of 6 months because if in case that I won't get the visa after 6 months I might lose my job. Am really concern about this because, “I can't call the Canadian Embassy in Abu Dhabi and I can't follow-up my application because they will just say “it's stated that MAX of 6 Months”
That I need to wait.

I hope not max of 9 months.

All the best PMM and Reignman

3. General enquiries before and after application submission
3.1 What are the processing times?
Due to an increase in the number of applications received, effective January 22, 2009, live-in caregiver applications received in our office will be processed within 18 months from the date of receipt. Live-in caregiver applications received before January 22, 2009 will be processed within 6 to 9 months to the extent possible.
Our standard processing times for other temporary foreign worker applications (e.g. truck drivers, hospitality workers, restaurant staff, etc.) is 9 months. Please understand that in certain cases, processing times may be either shorter or longer depending on the volume of applications received and the complexity of your application
We will contact you if additional information or an interview is required. We will not respond to status enquiries received within our processing times.

http://www.international.gc.ca/missions/unitedarabemirates-emiratsarabesunis/visas/working-travailler-eng.asp#e3_1

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
PMM said:
Hi

reignman said:

PMM
Thats true,But as I type I,m about to walk into Immigration Critic MP Don Davis s office with a Nanny asking for help with her PR application FOR FREE,So if the person has family in Canada,they can inquire,But ONLY AFTER 9 MONTHS has passed.As I was typing this another refugee called me asking for help with his case

jjd342000

Feb 25, 2009
hi there bc guy

nope the don't send you any notice unless other wise you lacking some papers or requirements...

reignman

Nov 27, 2008
Solowista,

yap i did send my application documents by DHL courier, and yes Oct. 2008.

That was my point solowista, that acknowledge receipt(with file number) from abu dhabi, they didnt emailed or inform me that they received my documents...