+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC PNP Skilled Worker Acceptance Times

ben.monkhouse

Jun 1, 2012
Hi,

I'm just looking for some general advice on a situation I'm in with my legal status in Canada whilst I wait for (hopefully) PNP acceptance from BC PNP.

I submitted my application to BC PNP a couple of weeks ago and received confirmation that they had received it, and that I would receive a response in 8-12 weeks. However, due to unfortunate timing, my current Work Permit expired recently. In order to remain legal in Canada and continue working for my employer, I submitted an application to extend my current work permit under the same conditions so that I could continue to work on implied status whilst the application was in process. My current visa is non extendable, so my request for an extension will come back as a rejection, however it will have bought me several weeks where i've been able to continue working whilst my PNP processes.

My concern is that my extension request will be sent back to me with a rejection BEFORE I get PNP acceptance. Obviously I can submit a Restoration of Status application in order to remain living in Canada, but I will be unable to work. Whilst this will be unfortunate, it will be more of an issue for my employer than it will be for me as they have become increasingly reliant on me and we are in fact currently experiencing a staffing shortage. If I'm out the picture for even a couple of weeks, the management will be stretched to the limit.

So my question is this: is there any way of making PNP aware of my situation and potentially expediting a decision on my application? I wrote a covering letter with my extension application to say that the reason I was applying for an extension was solely so that I could continue to work legally whilst my PNP was processing. Obviously both PNP and the Visa Extension Office will see my Client ID number, so will they put two and two together and synchronize a response? Or is there any way that I could write to PNP regarding my employment situation and basically explain my reason for applying for a Visa Extension, tell them that I will shortly be expecting a rejection, explain that my employer is relying on me to be able to continue working without interruption otherwise it will negatively impact their business during a busy trading period, and ask if there is any way of them examining my file in less than the quoted 8-12 weeks?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I wouldn't want to find that by asking PNP to speed up my application, I would be negatively affecting my chances of PNP acceptance.

Ben.

a_p13

Star Member
Mar 19, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Ben , for me it took almost 5 months to get the approoval letter from bc pnp ,

You should apply for restoration of status as a visitor (visitor visa) and stop working if they reject your work permit application. When you get the approval from bc pnp You can apply for a work permit ,with your pnp approval certificate and a work permit support letter from pnp office. , My suggestion is to talk to your employer and let them know about the situation.

ben.monkhouse

Jun 1, 2012
Hi,
Thanks for your reply. My understanding that PNP through the ELSS stream takes 5 months, whereas Skilled Worker stream takes 2-3 months. At least this is what PNP quoted me. My only issue is the 2-3 weeks "gap" I am predicting, and essentially I'm asking whether it's worth writing to PNP to explain the situation? They ask you to notify them if there are any changes in employment during the PNP application, so I guess a rejected work permit extension would constitute a change in employment, no?

Thanks again for your help.

yanesrahn

Oct 7, 2008
ontario
Visa Office......
Buffalo
App. Filed.......
12-01-12
Nomination.....
28-11-11
AOR Received.
15-02-12
Med's Request
15-02-12
Med's Done....
21-02-12
Passport Req..
08-05-2013 received 10-05-20113
Hello there, For me took 8 weeks to receive BCPNP, I don't know if write to the PNP is going to do any difference, but Once you receive your nomination they can give you a letter to apply for a WP, but just valid to work with your current employer. Good Luck
ben.monkhouse said:
Hi,
Thanks for your reply. My understanding that PNP through the ELSS stream takes 5 months, whereas Skilled Worker stream takes 2-3 months. At least this is what PNP quoted me. My only issue is the 2-3 weeks "gap" I am predicting, and essentially I'm asking whether it's worth writing to PNP to explain the situation? They ask you to notify them if there are any changes in employment during the PNP application, so I guess a rejected work permit extension would constitute a change in employment, no?

Thanks again for your help.

ramancheema

Jan 21, 2012
hi..my name is raman. I have some questions related to bcpnp. I have applied for my post study work permit and is expecting in couple of weeks. probably it would be of 1 year becoz my course was of 3 semesters..
acc to immigration consultant i have to apply under bcpnp semi-skilled category, because i hold post graduation certificate from niagara college, ontario. which is not under bc pnp and i have 6 mnths experince in previous job so can't apply under skilled and moreover i have not cleared my CRNE yet so can't go for designated workers...!!

1. after 9 months of job, how much time it takes to get nominated and to get PR ? and how long i have to work at same place? becoz i have other plans which i want to get accomplish side by.
2. Is this PNP PR means that ths PR is valid all over canada or just in BC? If in BC then how this PNP PR will led me to citizenship?
3.once i got nominated then will this nomination help me to apply for extension of my work permit, that would be probably expire during those days? or i would not need to apply for any work permit.?
3. my husband was sent to back to home country with an exclusion order,becoz he was working illegaly on study permit, so will he automatically get nominated with me or do he have to apply separately for pr?
4. is this exclusion order going to affect my application or not? becoz my procedure was entirely different, i came here on seprate study visa, i have my own work permit.
5. do i need to sit for IELTS again?
it would be a great help if some one answer these questions.

absolute_zer0o

Star Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
Ottawa CPP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
23 -03 -2012
Doc's Request.
05- 2012
Nomination.....
02 - 2012
AOR Received.
05 - 2012
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
05 - 2012
Med's Done....
05 - 2012
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
visa exempted
VISA ISSUED...
visa exempted
LANDED..........
31-08-2013
it took me around 1 month to get approved for BCPNP

bcmc

Jun 27, 2012
Hi Ben, I am in a similar situation. When sending off my work visa extension a week before it expired, I wrote the incorrect information on the envelope and it was returned to me after my visa expiration date. I then paid the fee which was $200 to re-instate my residence status and am now waiting for my approval from the bc pnp. My employer has been amazing in the whole process and I found someone to cover my shift until I can resume work. However, the bc pnp states that you must maintain legal working status throughout the application so I am also wondering if i have to contact them with a supporting letter to explain why I have not maintained legal status or will they contact me? Or will they just reject my application because I have not contacted them?