+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC PNP, Please some help with understanding the new scoring system.

zhl4155396

Nov 24, 2016
Hello guys, I been emailing BC PNP office but non of my questions were answered, I hope I could get some help here.

I finished my Bachelor’s degree in South Korea in 2014 and a diploma here in B.C. in June this year. After the diploma, I started working as a front desk agent in a hotel in Harrison Hot Spring in B.C for about three months now.

My questions are all about understanding the scoring system and make sure I don't over scored myself and get refused when apply.

1.So I have the job offer under NOC C, and currently working the same position so I will be getting the 5 points in “Skill Level of the B.C. Job Offer” and also the bonus 10 points for “Currently working full-time in B.C. for the employer in the occupation identified in the BC PNP registration” as well?

2.By the time I work a full year at this position, and that will be my only front desk work experience, in “Directly Related Work Experience in the Occupation of B.C. Job Offer”, I will be getting 3 points for "1-2years" and also the Bonus Points “At least 1 year of directly related experience in Canada” for another 10 points because that only work experience happened in Canada?

3.In education, will I be getting points for my bachelor degree in South Korea, and diploma in B.C. and also bonus points for getting my bachelor assessed from an qualified supplier?

I won't be starting applying till late next June, just want to make sure I am on the right track and gathering more points when I can since my work visa only last till 2019. If all of the answers to the above questions are YES, I will be getting 91 points for entry level workers stream, what else can I do to have some more points to reach the 95 points to receive an invitation for sure?

Thank you all for your time and patience, any help would be appreciated.

mikko008

Feb 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
13-OCT-2016
Doc's Request.
4-NOV-2016
Nomination.....
10-NOV-2016
AOR Received.
13-APR-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
01-03-2018
Med's Done....
05-03-2018
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet (Inland Applicant)
zhl4155396 said:
Hello guys, I been emailing BC PNP office but non of my questions were answered, I hope I could get some help here.

I finished my Bachelor’s degree in South Korea in 2014 and a diploma here in B.C. in June this year. After the diploma, I started working as a front desk agent in a hotel in Harrison Hot Spring in B.C for about three months now.

My questions are all about understanding the scoring system and make sure I don't over scored myself and get refused when apply.

1.So I have the job offer under NOC C, and currently working the same position so I will be getting the 5 points in “Skill Level of the B.C. Job Offer” and also the bonus 10 points for “Currently working full-time in B.C. for the employer in the occupation identified in the BC PNP registration” as well?

2.By the time I work a full year at this position, and that will be my only front desk work experience, in “Directly Related Work Experience in the Occupation of B.C. Job Offer”, I will be getting 3 points for "1-2years" and also the Bonus Points “At least 1 year of directly related experience in Canada” for another 10 points because that only work experience happened in Canada?

3.In education, will I be getting points for my bachelor degree in South Korea, and diploma in B.C. and also bonus points for getting my bachelor assessed from an qualified supplier?

I won't be starting applying till late next June, just want to make sure I am on the right track and gathering more points when I can since my work visa only last till 2019. If all of the answers to the above questions are YES, I will be getting 91 points for entry level workers stream, what else can I do to have some more points to reach the 95 points to receive an invitation for sure?

Thank you all for your time and patience, any help would be appreciated.
Hi there,

1. Yes! You got 15 points!
2. Yes! You got 13 points!
3. Partially yes....

I quote from page 65 in the program guide,

You will receive bonus points if:

the highest level of education indicated in the registration is completed at a post-secondary
institution within B.C.

Therefore, you can got 11 points for your Korean Bachelor as you highest level of Education is a bachelor degree. But you CANNOT claim the 8 points for Post-secondary education completed in B.C. because your BC diploma is not your highest education. Although you can get 4 bonus points for having your Korean Bachelor degree assessed. Therefore, you get 15 points here instead of 23 points as you thought.

In general you can practically increase your score by 2 means: having a better English results (unless you got CLB 10 already) and being paid more money (which will likely to happen to you since company usually give employees salary raise at their one-year anniversary)! You should be on the right track now! Unless someone else correct me if I were wrong...

zhl4155396

Nov 24, 2016
mikko008 said:
Hi there,

1. Yes! You got 15 points!
2. Yes! You got 13 points!
3. Partially yes....

I quote from page 65 in the program guide,

You will receive bonus points if:

the highest level of education indicated in the registration is completed at a post-secondary
institution within B.C.

Therefore, you can got 11 points for your Korean Bachelor as you highest level of Education is a bachelor degree. But you CANNOT claim the 8 points for Post-secondary education completed in B.C. because your BC diploma is not your highest education. Although you can get 4 bonus points for having your Korean Bachelor degree assessed. Therefore, you get 15 points here instead of 23 points as you thought.

In general you can practically increase your score by 2 means: having a better English results (unless you got CLB 10 already) and being paid more money (which will likely to happen to you since company usually give employees salary raise at their one-year anniversary)! You should be on the right track now! Unless someone else correct me if I were wrong...
Hi mikko008,

Thank you for the answers, I shall now start working on my English and getting higher scores. For the salary, there is not much I could do since I have someone working at the front desk for 20 years with almost the same salary. It's kind of shame to know I can not use my Canadian diploma for any points only because it's a NOC C job. Thank you for your answers again !! I am sure something will work out.

mikko008

Feb 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
13-OCT-2016
Doc's Request.
4-NOV-2016
Nomination.....
10-NOV-2016
AOR Received.
13-APR-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
01-03-2018
Med's Done....
05-03-2018
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet (Inland Applicant)
zhl4155396 said:
Hi mikko008,

Thank you for the answers, I shall now start working on my English and getting higher scores. For the salary, there is not much I could do since I have someone working at the front desk for 20 years with almost the same salary. It's kind of shame to know I can not use my Canadian diploma for any points only because it's a NOC C job. Thank you for your answers again !! I am sure something will work out.
Well...working at a NOC C level job is not the reason why you cannot gain points for your Canadian diploma....instead, it's because your highest level of education is not THIS Canadian Diploma. However, IF you chose to claim your BC diploma instead of your Korean Bachelor to be your highest education in the registration, then you can get the 8 bonus points; but then your points for your highest education would only be 2 points (since your highest education in the registration would be a two-year non-trade diploma now) instead of 11. But you wouldn't wanna do this because 11 points>10 points, right?