+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC PNP Express Entry - Proof of funds

taulejo1

Oct 24, 2019
Hello all,

I've been trying to look for this topic around the forum but I didn't manage to find anything related (I did find something for AB but not sure if it's applicable for BC). Feel free to delete or indicate me past threads with this info.

I'm currently in the pool waiting to be invited (975 points) - EE Federal Skilled Worker, PNP.

In the Proof of Funds requirements (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html) states that I will need it unless: "you’re authorized to work in Canada and you have a valid job offer, even if you apply under the Federal Skilled Worker Program or the Federal Skilled Trades Program"

I'm currently working in BC (Position that I applied to the PNP with) in a non-seasonal, no-end defined position, with a close work permit valid until November 2021. So, answering IRCC requirements: I am authorized to work in Canada, and I do have a job offer, but if I am not wrong, a VALID JOB OFFER needs to be a LMIA obtained job offer right?

EDIT: if you have a valid work permit for a NOC 0, A or B job that is exempt from needing an LMIA, and you: (Is my current work permit under this case?)
  • are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit OK
  • have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer I haven't been working one year, only 6 months
  • have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa OK

Does it means that i still need to provide a proof of funds?

Thank you!

J.

Last edited:

Garry21

Apr 25, 2018
Hello all,

I've been trying to look for this topic around the forum but I didn't manage to find anything related (I did find something for AB but not sure if it's applicable for BC). Feel free to delete or indicate me past threads with this info.

I'm currently in the pool waiting to be invited (975 points) - EE Federal Skilled Worker, PNP.

In the Proof of Funds requirements (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html) states that I will need it unless: "you’re authorized to work in Canada and you have a valid job offer, even if you apply under the Federal Skilled Worker Program or the Federal Skilled Trades Program"

I'm currently working in BC (Position that I applied to the PNP with) in a non-seasonal, no-end defined position, with a close work permit valid until November 2021. So, answering IRCC requirements: I am authorized to work in Canada, and I do have a job offer, but if I am not wrong, a VALID JOB OFFER needs to be a LMIA obtained job offer right?

EDIT: if you have a valid work permit for a NOC 0, A or B job that is exempt from needing an LMIA, and you: (Is my current work permit under this case?)
  • are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit OK
  • have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer I haven't been working one year, only 6 months
  • have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa OK

Does it means that i still need to provide a proof of funds?

Thank you!

J.
No job letter is enough. If you are not working then you need to show fund . Bc pnp applicants only need valid job offer

Apr 15, 2021
Are you sure about this? The PNP docs say you gotta be eligible for one of the federal express entry categories and you need to satisfy its requirements...