+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC PNP application batch sept. 2013

liljinx01ph

Mar 21, 2013
^^ Thanks for replying! That is the confusion. Im on visit visa and doesnt have any work permit, hence, no work permit to be renewed. This is my first time applying for a work permit. Renewal is different from applying for the first time. And the letter is addressed to the Canadian Border Shift Supervisor not to CIC. I actually want to know if this is the generic letter they send to all nominees? Is your work permit support letter the same as mine? Or if I can use this to apply work permit at the border?

lovykaler

Star Member
Jan 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2015
AOR Received.
21-03-2015
Med's Request
07-05-2015 pass
Passport Req..
09-07-2015
If u have visit visa ..then u should go to canada ..
After that its ur wish to apply online or go to boarder..to get new workpermit...
Dont worry its all clear..

liljinx01ph

Mar 21, 2013
^^ the letter is addressed to Canadian Border Shift Supervisor--does it mean I can apply at the border eventhough Im from a visa required country? Because I would rather apply at the border instead of online but i have doubts since im not from visa exempt country.

To whom does the work permit support letter addressed to? To Canadian Border or CIC?

robbiefernando

Star Member
Mar 18, 2013
Lili - We are not experts here and everyone seems to be giving you a different answer. If something goes wrong, who will you blame ? WHy dont you pick up the phone and call BC PNP ? If i was you, I would email them for clarification and if they say you can apply at the border - YOU must take that email with you. I have been on the canadian immigration website and it states that if you are form a non visa exepmt country you shouls apply outside canada to see if you are admissible. In your case you already have a TRV- temporary resident visa . How long is it valid for ? The border ppl will only offer the visa til the expiry date of your visa.

in a nut shell _ EMAIL BC PNP and ask what you should do. Hope this helps.

liljinx01ph

Mar 21, 2013
^^^ i already did this. I got a generic email from them stating that I should contact CIC for work permit questions. Tried contacting CIC but couldn't get to an agent.

What I just want to know is if those who got nominated have the same work permit letter as I have (addressed to Canada Border) because if they do, I think BC PNP made a mistake in my letter.

Visa is valid until 2016.

Thanks for all your thoughts! Cheers!

robbiefernando

Star Member
Mar 18, 2013
lili.. i doubt if they will make a mistake like this.. Send a personal message to vdang and vancouver71. They both have recently received their packs from bcpnp..

lovykaler

Star Member
Jan 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2015
AOR Received.
21-03-2015
Med's Request
07-05-2015 pass
Passport Req..
09-07-2015
Hii guys...
Today i send email to bcpnp about my file status...and now got reply from them

""They said that your file is in process. Our current processing time 12-14 weeks.""

I dont know guys whats going on...what happen there?

Youngarm

Oct 14, 2013
I think at this point it best to just wait it out..... And if u feel the urge to know, pick the phone and enquire personally about your file than sending an email. What's going on? Well I think they have a lot of applications logged in and the fact that they get the same questions every time has resulted into the generic response....

lovykaler

Star Member
Jan 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2015
AOR Received.
21-03-2015
Med's Request
07-05-2015 pass
Passport Req..
09-07-2015
Hii youngarm...

If u dont mind Please share your timeline...
Did u get any phn call or email regarding ur file?

liljinx01ph

Mar 21, 2013
@lovykaler:

This is what I think (based on the letter sent to us):

Our current processing time is approximately 12 - 14 weeks from the date your application was received. A Program Advisor has been assigned to review your application, and will contact you if any additional information is required. If your application is missing any of the required documentation listed on the “BC PNP Application Checklist”, the processing of your application will be delayed. Please do not contact our office for status updates during this period.

Hence, I didn't call them during that period. I didn't even send any emails because they specifically instructed us not to contact them during this period. I think the agents don't want to be hurried. If we do, our applications would be even more delayed. So i suggest to contact them after the 14th week is over.

lovykaler

Star Member
Jan 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2015
AOR Received.
21-03-2015
Med's Request
07-05-2015 pass
Passport Req..
09-07-2015
Ya dear ...you r right...i also think that we should not contact them between this time.
I think it goes for 2014.

Lets see how 2014 will work for all of us?

nianjian

Star Member
Mar 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lovykaler said:
Hii guys...
Today i send email to bcpnp about my file status...and now got reply from them

""They said that your file is in process. Our current processing time 12-14 weeks.""

I dont know guys whats going on...what happen there?
12-14 weeks :eek:
Most PNP cases on http://heycanada.ca/ got the letter in 2 months.
Dont know what happening ???

Surrey100

Oct 8, 2013
Yellowknife, NT, CA
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO - Sydeny
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......