+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC PNP 2016 applicants join here!!!!

sak_saksham

Jan 2, 2016
Hi All,

I am working in Shaw Nanaimo, and my job comes in NOC 2282. Can I apply for my PNP while staying in shaw or do i need to change my job for that?

Also, is it better apply with a lawyer or by yourself.

Guidance will be really appreciated.

Thanx

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
sak_saksham said:
Hi All,

I am working in Shaw Nanaimo, and my job comes in NOC 2282. Can I apply for my PNP while staying in shaw or do i need to change my job for that?

Thanx
Look up my past post

Ginnie

Feb 23, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sak_saksham said:
Hi All,

Thanx
if you have no issues, you can apply yourself.
i do not know your case but if your case is a complicated .
You may need a professional. They will guide you properly.

Chibuz

Star Member
Apr 6, 2016
bcpnp_phd2017 said:
Yes, you will be informed via the provided email and in that email they will also want you to link your email/information with your application number. BTW, If you found someone who has received his/her PR via PNP post-graduate less than 16 months please let me know.

Cheers,
Thanks for the response. Atm, I don't anyone who got the PR in less than 16months or on 16th month. However, from my chat with the immigration officer over the phone when I raised concerns of the length of time it takes, she emphatically told me that currently, it takes at most 14months. She said she hasn't seen a situation where it took longer than that. So that's good news.

Did you submit a copy of your TRV in the application?

bcpnp_phd2017

Mar 19, 2017
Chibuz said:
Thanks for the response. Atm, I don't anyone who got the PR in less than 16months or on 16th month. However, from my chat with the immigration officer over the phone when I raised concerns of the length of time it takes, she emphatically told me that currently, it takes at most 14months. She said she hasn't seen a situation where it took longer than that. So that's good news.

Did you submit a copy of your TRV in the application?
Yes I did, I put my work permit. Put all documents that have been indicated in checklist. Your visa, your work permit or TRV, all. If you are married, don't forget to put your wife or kid's documents. Mine was returned back once because I had forgotten to put my kid's birth certificate!!! I was thinking since my kid has Canadian citizenship, so no need to put her birth certificate!!!
BTW, I met a guy who got his PR last month, took him 13 months since they received his docs. his file number came after 80 days (mine took 45 days)!!! (he got his degree in Ontario). But keep in your mind everything is office-based!!!!

good luck

bcpnp_phd2017

Mar 19, 2017
Soni V said:
Hi everyone. ..just a quick question. To apply for express entry bcpnp international graduate category, is it mandatory that a candidate should have open work permit ? Lyk if he /she is on visitor visa but has a valid job offer and has all other required documents , will be ineligible for this category? ??
Complicate situation!!! you have visitor visa as well as valid job offer. I think you should apply for work permit if you want to apply from inside canada. Once you got your degree you could apply for work permit visa (give you 3 years). The important part is your graduation date must not exceed two yeas to be eligible for this stream!! Better to call BC PNP office or drop by located in robson st.

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
bcpnp_phd2017 said:
Complicate situation!!! you have visitor visa as well as valid job offer. I think you should apply for work permit if you want to apply from inside canada. Once you got your degree you could apply for work permit visa (give you 3 years). The important part is your graduation date must not exceed two yeas to be eligible for this stream!! Better to call BC PNP office or drop by located in robson st.
Sorry to correct you,But the new 2017 policy allows international graduates to apply 3 years after graduation,No longer 2 years.Next regarding post graduate work permit,You only get the 3 years if your course of study is at least 16 months,less then that,it is issued for the length of your study.For example,your program was only 1 year.You only get a PGWP for 1 year ;D

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Ginnie said:
Totally true,many people have gotten their PR by doing it themselves.But if there are issues.Professionals can help.To cite an actual example,An Iranian applicant was being sponsored by a cosmetic surgery place.When BC PNP called,the owner was in the middle of performing a cosmetic procedure procedure.When the officer was told that the owner was busy.The officer said you must take the interview or I will deny your applicant.So the stressed business owner did a rushed interview because She had a patient waiting.Errors were made and the nomination was denied

I wrote to the Director of the BC PNP that the decision of the officer violated the rules of procedural fairness.This is something you learn in law school or consultant school.I argued that this was a clear violatin and the Director overturned the decision and assigned it to a new officer for review.That person is now working in Vancouver :D

sak_saksham

Jan 2, 2016
Ginnie said:
Hi,

Thank you for your response

I am still on student permit and will apply for my PGWP after nov 2018. Is it better to stick here with Shaw till that time is my question.

sak_saksham

Jan 2, 2016
BCguy said:
Look up my past post
Hi

Thank you for your response.

Can you please help me with the link, I want to know is it better to stick here. I am still on student permit which will expire on Nov 2018 and will apply for PGWP, which I guess, I will get it for 3 years. Is it worth staying with Shaw or Shall I look for other options.

Thank you for your help though.

Yardley

Star Member
Jan 7, 2017
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
6/01/2017
Doc's Request.
17/03/2017 (RCMP)
AOR Received.
07/01/2017
Passport Req..
18-04-2017
hi guys

Happy to see you all here

I just want clear some questions regard BC PNP ...I hope you guys will reply and help me to figure out these questions

1. One of my friends has a valid job offer (LMIA) and he has been doing work as an industrial instrumental technician(NOC-B- 2243) for last 4 months. Our question is that when we can apply for BC PNP?

Is there any time limit for applying PNP or we can apply anytime after getting the Closed work permit?

2. What is exact IELTS score he needs to qualify the requirements?

3. What are minimum points required for qualifying in draw these days?

kindly reply us we are totally unclear about things here.

Thank you all in advance

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Yardley said:
hi guys

Happy to see you all here

I just want clear some questions regard BC PNP ...I hope you guys will reply and help me to figure out these questions

1. One of my friends has a valid job offer (LMIA) and he has been doing work as an industrial instrumental technician(NOC-B- 2243) for last 4 months. Our question is that when we can apply for BC PNP?Anytime even today as long as He is offered a permanent full time position

Is there any time limit for applying PNP or we can apply anytime after getting the Closed work permit?Anytime you get the the pemanent job offer

2. What is exact IELTS score he needs to qualify the requirements?Minimum 4 IELTS all 4 bands for skills immigration 6 all bands for EE

3. What are minimum points required for qualifying in draw these days?Skilled worker currently 85

kindly reply us we are totally unclear about things here.

Thank you all in advance
Done

Ginnie

Feb 23, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jagmeet1994 said:
Let's see who will be lucky today.
Good luck.
Hope everybody receive nomination today.
especially who are waiting from long time.
best of luck