+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bare minimum to get into Canada on PR

bluesaffron

Star Member
Nov 20, 2016
Hello All,
Apologies for the super silly question, but I thought I will ask here... rather than being sorry at the border.

I am on H1B and planning to do a road trip to Canada via Detroit on 14th Jan... tomorrow..

My initial landing was on 28th Jan 2018, and I stayed in Canada for 2 days only at that time.

1. I think I just need my passport and my PR card to get into Canada... right? Thats the bare minimum thing I need... no COPR etc is required... at this point.. right?
If I enter Canada tomorrow on 14th Jan, 2021, I will have 743 days left to complete the 2/5 year residency requirement.

2. I do not need a COVID test done for the road trip.. right? I did book an airbnb for 14 day quarantine thing.

Please let me know if I am missing anything very obvious here.
Thank You all!.

Reactions: sn1ker

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Hello All,
Apologies for the super silly question, but I thought I will ask here... rather than being sorry at the border.

I am on H1B and planning to do a road trip to Canada via Detroit on 14th Jan... tomorrow..

My initial landing was on 28th Jan 2018, and I stayed in Canada for 2 days only at that time.

1. I think I just need my passport and my PR card to get into Canada... right? Thats the bare minimum thing I need... no COPR etc is required... at this point.. right?
If I enter Canada tomorrow on 14th Jan, 2021, I will have 743 days left to complete the 2/5 year residency requirement.

2. I do not need a COVID test done for the road trip.. right? I did book an airbnb for 14 day quarantine thing.

Please let me know if I am missing anything very obvious here.
Thank You all!.

1. Correct. Passport and PR card are sufficient.
  2. I believe you are correct. Everything I’ve seen and heard is for air travel. You may want to contact the boarder crossing you plan to use to confirm. Don’t forget a quarantine plan (where you plan to stay, how you will substation yourself, etc.).
https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/do-rb/services/hwyb-autof-eng.html

bluesaffron

Star Member
Nov 20, 2016
FYI.. just to complete the thread...
I was able to enter Canada via road after showing my passport and PR card.
COVID test was also not a criteria. They did ask me for the address of quarantine, and if I will have my own space etc..