+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bankruptcy & Moving back to Home Counrty

gvt12

Feb 11, 2024
Hey, I came as international student, Now on PGWP, I have several credit card debts (8K$) and car debt(31K$), and I am Jobless, Bought new car thinking will do uber and earn good, but got a pathetic deal and now paying a lot, Someone hit my car from back and its value is not 50% reduced now sale price is about (15K$), and I want to go back to my home country, I've already borrowed a lot from friends and parents cant ask for more money, What can I do? will debt follow me to my home country? Can a international worker file for bankruptcy & How? Can I come to Canada in future as a tourist or not?
Please help me, My life right now is like a plane running on fumes.
Thanks

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hey, I came as international student, Now on PGWP, I have several credit card debts (8K$) and car debt(31K$), and I am Jobless, Bought new car thinking will do uber and earn good, but got a pathetic deal and now paying a lot, Someone hit my car from back and its value is not 50% reduced now sale price is about (15K$), and I want to go back to my home country, I've already borrowed a lot from friends and parents cant ask for more money, What can I do? will debt follow me to my home country? Can a international worker file for bankruptcy & How? Can I come to Canada in future as a tourist or not?
Thanks
About coming back, that should be least of your problems. If you are willing to declare bankruptcy for only $24k ($31k+$8k - $15k from sale of the car) and after spending more than $60-70k on your education, you have bigger life problems. $24k CAD isn't a very large amount that you won't be able to pay back from your home country. You'll wreck your credit score for life as well.

Consider looking into debt consolidation options that are available to you.

My personal opinion is that, you are not running on fumes, you can work 2-3 jobs to payback this debt like how most people would. Labor jobs are always an option if you want to ever pay your debt back. Banks have a margin they targeted for. Rest of the customers will end up paying for your debt in one way or another as banks don't let their profit margins go down.

gvt12

Feb 11, 2024
i asked for solution not your judgement. :rolleyes:
and after spending 60K on studies why will I do a labor job.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
I passed my judgement because banks don't lose money. They'll recover the money from the other customers, customers who did nothing bad to you but they'll pay for your entitlement.

>and after spending 60K on studies why will I do a labor job.
Because you owe someone some money. The right thing to do is to return the money if you CAN. You clearly can. Don't make these mistakes, they can ruin the foundation of your life. Do the right thing.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Then find a non-labor job. (labour in Canada)

After spending 60K and you are on an open work permit, you should be able to find a well paying job to repay your debt.
btw... I hope you didn't study business. who buys a brand new car to drive for Uber.....

Reactions: Copingwithlife

gvt12

Feb 11, 2024
Then find a non-labor job. (labour in Canada)

After spending 60K and you are on an open work permit, you should be able to find a well paying job to repay your debt.
btw... I hope you didn't study business. who buys a brand new car to drive for Uber.....
I don't know which century you are living in Preowned cars are more expensive.

• Haha
Reactions: YVR123

gvt12

Feb 11, 2024
I passed my judgement because banks don't lose money. They'll recover the money from the other customers, customers who did nothing bad to you but they'll pay for your entitlement.

>and after spending 60K on studies why will I do a labor job.
Because you owe someone some money. The right thing to do is to return the money if you CAN. You clearly can. Don't make these mistakes, they can ruin the foundation of your life. Do the right thing.
Seems like you have paid a lot to bank unnecessarily :p.
though I solved my problem thanks for your judgement ;).

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
It might not be big for you and very big for someone else, you are judgmental you need to grow bud:rolleyes:.
Not judgemental, just tired of paying for dead beats and slackers. And speaking of growing, time to put on the big boy/girl panties and own up to your responsibilities.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
Thanks
For someone having made crappy financial decisions so far, you have a big mouth.

Reactions: Buletruck

johnbloodysnow

Star Member
May 27, 2020
can't we settle the amount with bank??? ..are there no "One Time Settlement" schemes .....?? coz in India I have helped many clients to settle their amounts ...even tho it ruin their credit history but yes it''s possible...i dont know how it plays out in Canada